PC Lens Help! eyesight deteriorating

Gunnerholic

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am planning to purchase a new spectacles and Would really appreciate if you could help me.

It seems that my eyesight is deteriorating.

Due to the nature of my work, i spend almost the whole day in front of a PC Screen. and during my free time i love to read. I think this is taking its toll on my eyes with the constant straining / staring.

I am thinking a PC lens would somewhat reduce the glare / blue light that i come into contact with during my work days.

Based on your expertise, what lens should i be getting? there are so many types of PC lens that i am at a lost. I understand there is owndays, Crizal, zeiss and other japanese brand.

My current specs is of myopia is around 75 degrees and astig of about 75

would really appreciate your help!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! May I ask how old are you at the moment? Rough gauge if you are fine with it?

There will be different lenses to recommend based on your age group and thus certain lenses might be able to alluviate your eye strains such as anti fatigue lenses. These lenses also comes tgt with blue light filter!

Gunnerholic

Reaction score
Hi! May I ask how old are you at the moment? Rough gauge if you are fine with it?

There will be different lenses to recommend based on your age group and thus certain lenses might be able to alluviate your eye strains such as anti fatigue lenses. These lenses also comes tgt with blue light filter!

Hi thank you for your reply. I am approaching thirty. I am not too sure if my eyes are just over strained hence the recent blurriness. Would a pc lense realy help prevent eye sight from deteriorating? I work long hours in front of a computer ( around 6 hours ) and love reading.

Would you recommend zeiss or crizal?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Pc lens doesn’t really help prevent eye sight from deteriorating, more of just reducing your eye strain. I believe you should use an anti fatigue lens whereby the TOP portion is used for distance and lower area has its degree lowered for reading. This lowered degree will help relax your eye muscle and reduce The Eye tension/stress. It’s not a progressive lens(take note) but acts like one. The main point for the lens is to reduce your eye strain, the lenses comes along tgt with blue light filter.
Zeiss-zeiss digital lens or zeiss energize me.
Essilor-crizal eyezen
Hoya-dynamic nulux active.
Shamir-shamir relax

Hope this helps!

Hi thank you for your reply. I am approaching thirty. I am not too sure if my eyes are just over strained hence the recent blurriness. Would a pc lense realy help prevent eye sight from deteriorating? I work long hours in front of a computer ( around 6 hours ) and love reading.

Would you recommend zeiss or crizal?

Gunnerholic

Reaction score
Pc lens doesn’t really help prevent eye sight from deteriorating, more of just reducing your eye strain. I believe you should use an anti fatigue lens whereby the TOP portion is used for distance and lower area has its degree lowered for reading. This lowered degree will help relax your eye muscle and reduce The Eye tension/stress. It’s not a progressive lens(take note) but acts like one. The main point for the lens is to reduce your eye strain, the lenses comes along tgt with blue light filter.
Zeiss-zeiss digital lens or zeiss energize me.
Essilor-crizal eyezen
Hoya-dynamic nulux active.
Shamir-shamir relax

Hope this helps!

Alright man! Thank you So much for all the information. Really appreciate it! Will go with the anti-fatigue lens with blue light filter!

Maybe i can drop by your shop if you are an optician yourself!

Once again thank you so much for your help and time

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to know too if blue light filter/pc lens really help to reduce fatigue from prolonged usage of looking at electronic devices. Or is it just placebo effect :s11:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to know too if blue light filter/pc lens really help to reduce fatigue from prolonged usage of looking at electronic devices. Or is it just placebo effect :s11:

TBH, its not really placebo effect haha!

There are two types of PC lens/Blue light filter lenses.
First is the one that you see most people using which gives off a bluish/purplish reflection on the lens. Those lenses are the ones that when you look through them, your vision will seem more warm/yellowish. It helps to reduce glare when you look at the computer screen/electronic devices. But the downside is already mentioned whereby things will look abit more yellowish which some people do not like as it distorts the true colour perception(they feel).

Thus if you fall into the category of the first group that hates the yellowish hue, then you can consider using the next type of blue light filter lens which is lenses that does not have the yellowish hue AND still does the same effect of reflecting/absorbing blue light. But as this lenses do not come with the yellowish hue, the glare will tend to be slightly more compared to the first lens that i mentioned.

Thus you have to weigh the pros and cons and decide which lens suits you better. In a nutshell, the first lens helps to reflect blue light thus giving the blue/purple reflection+ yellowish hue when you look through it. The second lens absorbs the blue light instead of reflecting and thus not giving the blue/purple light reflection but no yellowish hue.

Hope this helps!

If you have further questions, you can ask it on the spectacle thread, Here or thru pm! Cheers!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright man! Thank you So much for all the information. Really appreciate it! Will go with the anti-fatigue lens with blue light filter!

Maybe i can drop by your shop if you are an optician yourself!

Once again thank you so much for your help and time

Welcome! Just here to help out!
You can ask your further queries here, the spectacle thread or through pm!

Cheers!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.