Feeling bearish on stocks and bonds and have a lump sum to invest for retirement...

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do I do?

Reasons for bearishness is because of all the fear monger the news is churning out, like an asset bubble in the US, their debt, hyperinflation predictions for the US.

And I have one lump sum to invest. But if things looks so bad in the Long term, what do i buy really? Keep in cash and squirrel under my bed? I am only investing for retirement and my timeframe can be up to 40 years. Need something that can beat inflation by 1-2% with little risk.

do you think it is correct to invest based on 'feelings'? =:p

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do I do?

Reasons for bearishness is because of all the fear monger the news is churning out, like an asset bubble in the US, their debt, hyperinflation predictions for the US.

And I have one lump sum to invest. But if things looks so bad in the Long term, what do i buy really? Keep in cash and squirrel under my bed? I am only investing for retirement and my timeframe can be up to 40 years. Need something that can beat inflation by 1-2% with little risk.
40 years? How old are you? :) I am guessing your lump-sum will look like peanuts 40 years later.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
40 years? How old are you? :) I am guessing your lump-sum will look like peanuts 40 years later.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

i guess u missed his earlier threads. he is a millionaire from crypto

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do I do?

if things really look bad in the long term, the last thing u have to worry about is inflation .

Maeda_Toshiie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weren't people talking about cryptos being the future? Why cash out when the coins* are supposed to moon soon? If he is bearish about the economy, all the more he should be hodling [sic] BTC.

*Excluding sh!tcoins.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Contributions every year? Or maximum cap. Does that means any interest earned will spill over to OA?

Max Voluntary contributions only... interest still goes to SA.. if u still working, CPF contributions from ur salary still goes to SA as per norm..

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
28 years old, 7 digits sum...

2-prong approach.

1. Use the lump sum to buy a property, rent it out. 30 years later, sell it for big profit and retire like a king.

2. Save up your salary to pick up bargains during a crisis. In the meantime, put in SSB.

tangent314

Reaction score
With 7 digits, corporate bonds seem like the way to go for you. Just be careful of which bonds you pick.

SibehHL

Reaction score
i guess u missed his earlier threads. he is a millionaire from crypto

While meantime, is looking for meaningful work as a short term (3-6 months) Grab driver....

Don't know why so many still believed he is seeking for real advice.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought he gonna post evidence to show that he is not csb?

While meantime, is looking for meaningful work as a short term (3-6 months) Grab driver....

Don't know why so many still believed he is seeking for real advice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.