Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamster78

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I have 2 cases.
Both i enquire but 1 of them says i must take up small loan first then will approve the amount I want. So transfer me 400 and ask me to pay $700 after 3 days. But then like u all. Kept deferring and deferring.
2nd case. Force me to take 1k. But if i dont want to consider the loan just return that 1k. Which indeed i return that 1 k the next day without interest. But it took him awhile for him to give me the account to transfer back. But he ask me next time support him if he needs help. After reading through the forum. I guess he needs my account for transfer.

For the 1st case. I forcefully return whatever he said was remaining to the account i transfer before. Then i told him i dont need the loan any more. Then he said they already prepared the loan for me. So case not close. I told him i wanted to loan the amount to help my friend. But my friend died. So no point getting the loan. And he still call. Then i replied him. I dont need the money and i have given you extra. If you still need more money. Pls go to the police. And i block him.

Today i am going to the police to report scam.
But i am worried if they will call my office or my NOK.

And I am going to the bank to close my account also

Worrying

Reaction score
And I am going to the bank to close my account also

As per usual from first post.

1) Stop paying or make any transaction

2) Inform nok/employer/Neighbour(If need to) of the situation and whats the next course of action.

3) Dont reply or entertain them.By blocking all numbers that they use to contact you and the same goes for your NOK. Best if possible change number for you and NOK.

4) Close bank account

5) Report police with all necessary infomation

6) Install Cctv and be wary of suspicious looking person at your corridor

7) Pray for the best and live day by day

We already make the wrong choice in the first place that end up how we are now unknowingly so accept the fact that the information that we gave to them have already save and shared in their system of connection. So be strong in tackling day by day basis.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Louis0902

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I have 2 cases.
Both i enquire but 1 of them says i must take up small loan first then will approve the amount I want. So transfer me 400 and ask me to pay $700 after 3 days. But then like u all. Kept deferring and deferring.
2nd case. Force me to take 1k. But if i dont want to consider the loan just return that 1k. Which indeed i return that 1 k the next day without interest. But it took him awhile for him to give me the account to transfer back. But he ask me next time support him if he needs help. After reading through the forum. I guess he needs my account for transfer.

For the 1st case. I forcefully return whatever he said was remaining to the account i transfer before. Then i told him i dont need the loan any more. Then he said they already prepared the loan for me. So case not close. I told him i wanted to loan the amount to help my friend. But my friend died. So no point getting the loan. And he still call. Then i replied him. I dont need the money and i have given you extra. If you still need more money. Pls go to the police. And i block him.

Today i am going to the police to report scam.
But i am worried if they will call my office or my NOK.
Ur case 1 is very standard scam.... Wants u to take a small loan for record see ur record good anot then say can loan higher amount.... All these are rubbish..... They will keep asking u deferred every time so just ignore and report to police..... Don give in to them....
Case 2 I think the ah long scare that u don't return him the money that's y... Mine has been a month... So far nothing happen yet....

Bamster78

Reaction score
Ur case 1 is very standard scam.... Wants u to take a small loan for record see ur record good anot then say can loan higher amount.... All these are rubbish..... They will keep asking u deferred every time so just ignore and report to police..... Don give in to them....
Case 2 I think the ah long scare that u don't return him the money that's y... Mine has been a month... So far nothing happen yet....
After report police do we need to go police station often?

Bamster78

Reaction score
I dont think so. Cos after i return him the 1k. He asked if i can help if he needs support. So i guess they are looking for bank account for the tt thing. Now i am thinking should i report my supervisor. And i told the police. He says not scam. He says is ah long case. But i didnt borrow what

proddy

Reaction score
wah then is it money laundering since he just wants to transfer money out.....

Sharuu

Reaction score
Since me and my nok change num. Nothing. Even my workplace also nothing but still wary. Hoping it will stay this way. Ready for first day of raya tho. Thats when they say they would do something.

** ah do something. If he wanted to do something he would have done it long time ago. Mine also said oh, May you watch out. Then say, now June you watch out. I gone holiday two times only, nothing only. Cowards.

Just enjoy your weekend.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
Am in the same situation as many of you here. Likewise I was scammed into this, I honestly thought that I was dealing with a legit institution and the alarm bells started ringing only after I saw they deposited $400 via cash deposit machine.

To make matters worse, I was sacred that I will lose my job and ended up paying a "full" settlement. If only I did a quick online search before I started talking to these f*****s. I have only myself to blame.

When they called and said that I froze their account and asked for more money, I got so angry and told them to f**k off and closed my account and made a police report. So far they have not made any new calls or messages (3 days now), am just waiting for them to call my company HR/post on social media and face the "music". I would rather be terminated and face the embarrassment than allow myself to be blackmailed.

It feels good to know that there are other people facing the same problem as me and that there is a place where I can just share my experience.

Last edited:

Infinitylo

Reaction score
Am in the same situation as many of you here. Likewise I was scammed into this, I honestly thought that I was dealing with a legit institution and the alarm bells started ringing only after I saw they deposited $400 via cash deposit machine.

To make matters worst, I was sacred that I will lose my job and ended up paying a "full" settlement. If only I did a quick online search before I started talking to these f*****s. I have only myself to blame.

When they called and said that I froze their account and asked for more money, I got so angry and told them to f**k off and closed my account and made a police report. So far they have not made any new calls or messages (3 days now), am just waiting for them to call my company HR/post on social media and face the "music". I would rather be terminated and face the embarrassment rather than allow myself to be blackmailed.

It feels good to know that there are other people facing the same problem as me and that there is a place where I can just share my experience.

There are alot of people in this. Do not worry, so far none of us here got any physical harassment yet.
As i say, this is a probability game.there are more out there who is willing to transfer them money due to fear. They wouldn't stick to you.

Infinitylo

Reaction score
** ah do something. If he wanted to do something he would have done it long time ago. Mine also said oh, May you watch out. Then say, now June you watch out. I gone holiday two times only, nothing only. Cowards.

Just enjoy your weekend.

Haha so true. Just dont worry and carry on your life. Treat this as a valuable experience.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
There are alot of people in this. Do not worry, so far none of us here got any physical harassment yet.
As i say, this is a probability game.there are more out there who is willing to transfer them money due to fear. They wouldn't stick to you.
Sadly, true that there will be other people who will be taken in by them.

Nas1978

Reaction score
Something happen
LS call my office and i answer. I pretend to be other person. Told him i left. He put down the phone.
He call my NOK. Harrase him
He send someone to the hse and the person ask if anyone order any pizza or mcdonald.
My bro say no. Again send someone to the hse ask if anyone order pizza or mcdonald.
Has anyone experience this.

Bamster78

Reaction score
Something happen
LS call my office and i answer. I pretend to be other person. Told him i left. He put down the phone.
He call my NOK. Harrase him
He send someone to the hse and the person ask if anyone order any pizza or mcdonald.
My bro say no. Again send someone to the hse ask if anyone order pizza or mcdonald.
Has anyone experience this.

What was the number you liaise with originally?
How long has been your case? Today i have 7 miss private call and 1 watsapp call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.