Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkh168

Reaction score
Should one get a leather jacket considering the weather, age range 30-40 and seemingly out of the ordinary to wear one in Singapore?

Nayr-_

Reaction score
hi all, i tailored my shirts in bangkok but due to the lack of time, i couldnt get them to add on customisation for my shirt. can i ask if there is any tailors in SG who does that? i asked some but all of them say i have to get my own cloth etc.

i am referring to the inner collar lining and the cuff linings.

I don't think its doable. Technically for the contrast collars and cuffs, they would use a different (more patterned fabric) for the underside of the collar and cuff when making up. To have the contrast done now, they would have to remake and reattach a new collar and cuff with the contrast you want. The only possibility is if they have the same fabric your shirt is made in and if they will be willing to do it.

ashland

Reaction score
ohhh got it nayr... guess i have to live with it... argh... it's a lot more plain without the contrast....

I don't think its doable. Technically for the contrast collars and cuffs, they would use a different (more patterned fabric) for the underside of the collar and cuff when making up. To have the contrast done now, they would have to remake and reattach a new collar and cuff with the contrast you want. The only possibility is if they have the same fabric your shirt is made in and if they will be willing to do it.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
0OmQJF4l.jpg

Would you just look at the fit of LHL's jacket in comparison to his American counterparts'.

Sent from this is a forum bruh, unstick your panties before replying using GAGT

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
aSe3ZnRl.jpg

anyone know where to get this suit hanger?

the hook can be collapsed

my dry cleaning company lost my hanger

Rgyl11

Reaction score
Just wondering what material of shirt you guys go for when tailoring?

I usually see 100% Egyptian cotton etc, but do not know if it is really worth the money or not as some is from $50-$200.

how much you guys usually spend on for work shirt? is thomas mason, soktas good?

any recommendations for wrinkle free, easy to iron and doesn't look "cheap"

anybody please advise, Thanks!

Rgyl11

Reaction score
0OmQJF4l.jpg

Would you just look at the fit of LHL's jacket in comparison to his American counterparts'.

I assume his suit is from CYC?

What's your comment on this? :D

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I usually see 100% Egyptian cotton etc, but do not know if it is really worth the money or not as some is from $50-$200.

how much you guys usually spend on for work shirt? is thomas mason, soktas good?

That label is meaningless. You can get 100% inferior Egyptian cotton as well.

I find soktas is overrated.

Look past labels and use your sense of touch to determine what feels best for you.
I assume his suit is from CYC?

What's your comment on this? :D
Not sure who is the maker but the fit looks impeccable to my eye. Look how neat our PM looks compared to that oaf who in all likely hood is decked out in far more expensive Brioni.

cokiee

Reaction score

leaving the recommendation bit to the other gents, but one thing to point out - if you want 'wrinkle free' cloth, it's typically not 100% cotton (or linen if thats your thing), which means that it'll be a bit less impermeable, i.e, possibly uncomfortable. Think school uniforms. Those wrinkle very little, but think of what happens when you perspire.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
leaving the recommendation bit to the other gents, but one thing to point out - if you want 'wrinkle free' cloth, it's typically not 100% cotton (or linen if thats your thing), which means that it'll be a bit less impermeable, i.e, possibly uncomfortable. Think school uniforms. Those wrinkle very little, but think of what happens when you perspire.
Though it must be said that 100% cotton non-iron shirt fabrics which fare just as poorly in terms of permeability.

atanbh91

Reaction score
First timer seeking advice

Hi all, never had any clothes tailored before. Office worker here, so I need at least 5 shirts. Current wardrobe is all G2000 shirts and pants. However, due to my body shape I find that OTR stuff does not fit me well (so far the few that I've tried) so am considering tailored.
The problem is, I sweat a lot, especially at the armpits, so it's common that my shirts will have armpit stains after just a few months. Hence the need to spend money to buy new shirts regularly is what's keeping me away from tailoring.

So my question is:

A) Is there a material that is resistant to sweat/deodorant stains?

B) Is there a good quality tailor that I can get shirts for <$50 a piece? Or at least somewhere around G2000 price range.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first time trying honestbee and they outsource to unknown third party cleaner :(

may i know what does HST stand for and where is it?

thanks!
I never give the honestbee people my hangers when using them. The people you meet with are simply couriers who pass it on to the honestbee's subcontractors.

Plenty of gaps in the process for things like hangers to get lost.

Besides there's no reason to pass the laundromat your nice hangers.

They're very much worth the price they charge though.

HST= Hwa Seng Textiles

Last edited:

arcfire

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, never had any clothes tailored before. Office worker here, so I need at least 5 shirts. Current wardrobe is all G2000 shirts and pants. However, due to my body shape I find that OTR stuff does not fit me well (so far the few that I've tried) so am considering tailored.
The problem is, I sweat a lot, especially at the armpits, so it's common that my shirts will have armpit stains after just a few months. Hence the need to spend money to buy new shirts regularly is what's keeping me away from tailoring.

So my question is:

B) Is there a good quality tailor that I can get shirts for <$50 a piece? Or at least somewhere around G2000 price range.

You may want to consider sending your shirts to the cleaners once in a while. They may be able to remove those stains.
Or wear an inner shirt like those from Uniqlo. Yes, you might be sweating more but at least you won't stain your shirts. Pair it with more open weave fabrics like linen or thinner cotton fabrics will help with the sweating too.
Anti-perspirant should also help if it's really a major problem.

There's really not much options with your budget. At that price point, you'll get lousy fabrics coupled with slip-shod workmanship and/or lousy fittings. Either way, the options would require you to spend $$ and you'll have to decide what you're willing to fork out.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So my question is:

Buy uniqlo shirts. Get a stain remover to treat your stains before washing.

urbanturban

Master Member
Reaction score

So my question is:

1) Wear an undershirt.
2) Not possible without having worse material than OTR.

Vinified

Reaction score
Hi, looking for a made to measure suit for my wedding. The budget is under $500, any recommended tailors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.