Toshiba PC business gone to sharp...

chooyoshi

Reaction score
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toshiba-sharp-pc-announcement/japans-sharp-says-to-buy-toshibas-pc-business-idUSKCN1J10A0

I remember that Toshiba stopped selling pcs here in 2015. What do you people think?

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I wanna get a kawaii laptop, I'd be getting an NEC.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel Toshiba laptops are not that popular, particularly in Singapore. I remember buying the Satellite series for my wife back then and it was a great laptop. That was the only time I considered buying their laptop.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel Toshiba laptops are not that popular, particularly in Singapore. I remember buying the Satellite series for my wife back then and it was a great laptop. That was the only time I considered buying their laptop.

Value for money category went to Acer and Lenovo, along with the rise of Asus. Meanwhile, SG market has little niche for quality Japanese laptops. The market for those willing to pay for MIJ laptops is simply too small.

As businesses stuck to the big 3, it meant Panasonic, Toshiba, NEC and Fujitsu are barely able to claw any market share in SG be it consumer or commercial.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Value for money category went to Acer and Lenovo, along with the rise of Asus. Meanwhile, SG market has little niche for quality Japanese laptops. The market for those willing to pay for MIJ laptops is simply too small.

As businesses stuck to the big 3, it meant Panasonic, Toshiba, NEC and Fujitsu are barely able to claw any market share in SG be it consumer or commercial.

Fujitsu was one of the go to brands during my time. Now there is nothing special about it. Just another laptop amidst a sea of other brands.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fujitsu was one of the go to brands during my time. Now there is nothing special about it. Just another laptop amidst a sea of other brands.

My friend's perception of Fujitsu quality went down the drain when they took a month to replace my her faulty HDD :s13:

I feel like build quality for most laptops are now past their peak and all brands are chipping off quality in the pursuit of lightweight and compactness

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My friend's perception of Fujitsu quality went down the drain when they took a month to replace my her faulty HDD :s13:

I feel like build quality for most laptops are now past their peak and all brands are chipping off quality in the pursuit of lightweight and compactness

Same experience that my coy drop using Fujitsu.
The service time is far too long.
Big brands like Lenovo, Dell and HP usually are within 7 business days.

Fujitsu wise takes way longer than that even for business. :s22:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

May be they send to Japan to replace the hard disk. :s13: I remember they used to market that Fujitsu laptops are made in Japan.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
toshiba is a very good brand and data dynamics provides excellent technical support although it maybe a bit high

zuoom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know Panasonic. Nec. Fujitsu.

Sharp... PC? Phone I think I saw... Long time ago. Clamshell type. Bulky.

And the sharp I know was on ManU jersey....

miketay90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toshiba lasted me 9 years . It's still working actually but the updating to windows 10 kept failing so I gave up.

If Toshiba made a come back it would be the first brand I consider.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Toshiba lasted me 9 years . It's still working actually but the updating to windows 10 kept failing so I gave up.

If Toshiba made a come back it would be the first brand I consider.

From which Windows version did you upgrade to Windows 10 and reason on the failure.

I did free upgrade to Windows 10 successfully using existing Windows 7 product key on 2 Toshiba laptops recently and still good & stable.
It is a fresh install Windows 10.
I am still holding back on the 3rd Toshiba laptop to Windows 10 as too familiar with Windows 7 and use as primary computer..

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i avoid acer, toshiba, asus, msi, hp. i'd only shortlist dell latitude / precision and lenovo thinkpad. but that's my personal opinion la

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.