2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!! - Part 2

androidmazon

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info!

BTW, 1+6 can have double tap to sleep that support finger print unlock just like the MIUI?

Yup got.

I think those devices under Android P Beta program has A/B partition.

Like Vivo X21, Oppo R15 Pro, Essential, Nokia 7 Plus, Google Pixel series.

Sent from Android FTW using GAGT

Last edited:

1BadAssLobster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DfLu5kMXkAIhGKg.jpg:large

If this is true, I will regret not waiting somemore...

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's actually the selling point of Pixel phones. They silently download OTAs in the background.. and then all you need is a restart, and the phone's updated already.

I personally prefer to initiate the download myself instead. A notification that there is a new update is enough.

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
In the Youtube app, is anyone having this issue whereby in fullscreen mode, the controls UI pops up when you touch the fingerprint sensor? Is there some way this can be turned off? And yes, my "Swipe fingerprint for notifications" setting is disabled.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe it's called A/B partition.

A has the old version software. When there update, will update on B partition. Reboot into B and A on standby vice versa.

If update fail, will rollback to A partition.

Sent from Android FTW using GAGT

It's good if users have the choice to go back to the older firmware.

kryptonit3

Reaction score
how's DP2 battery life for you guys? seems like it drains slightly faster for mine.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Heng I haven't update

A/B already exist long ago within the Pixel series.

It's good if users have the choice to go back to the older firmware.
Actually rolling back firmware is something every OEM will want to avoid even on Google's end. It is also a design in security for you to prevent the system to actually rollback. Once you have successfully booted into the new partition the older version is invalidated so people who are trying to roll back your system it a less secure version will not be able to do so. So Rollback protection kicks in and ensures that you can't go back. But until you've actually successfully booted the new image, rollback protection doesn't consider it to be the current system image.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.