iPhone 8/8+/X Accessories Discussion Thread

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used both RhinoShield Mod and also SolidSuit for iPhone X before?

Wonder which is easier to remove, since both give that level of protection for fall from height. In your own opinion, that is. :)

Have both. RS Mod is rotting now. :s13:
Cause keep in out in out, the mod already bending etc. Make the buttons not tactile liao.

RS SS more straightforward also.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Divert abit as i know this thread is for accessories.. any of you all use the phone without casing (naked iphone)? I have a normal clear plastic case, but the phone is so sleek that i am thinking of using it without the case. Yay or nay?

Cheers!

Previously I was using it naked. Until it drop and crack.

Paying the $148 for replacement is one thing. It's the trouble of getting appointment. Calling for express replacement etc. And when you got the phone got to restore and go through the nerve wrecking process of whatsapp cannot find backup (mine need a few minutes to be able to find my backup. It will keep showing no backup found.) etc. All these mental stress, just not worth it.

Invest in a good case and use with care.
Don't just anyhow with case

Mine crack too when using apple leather case

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Divert abit as i know this thread is for accessories.. any of you all use the phone without casing (naked iphone)? I have a normal clear plastic case, but the phone is so sleek that i am thinking of using it without the case. Yay or nay?

Cheers!

UsMzWueh.jpg

Naked since iPhone 4S, 6 Plus, and now the 8 (using a dbrand skin though).

I think some people just don't have affinity with tech gadgets, I know a few who drop their phones occasionally.

Different strokes for different folks!

HappyLee

Reaction score
Personally have used cased be it iPhone or other phones. Starting from iphone 6 onwards I've been using caudabe cases as it's so thin that it's just enough to protect from scratches but offers no drop protection. Just enough to keep the original feel of the phone.

Bryson

Reaction score
I bought the twin pack, replaced it with the previous notch cut out type. This is by far the best I’ve used. Won’t even notice it unless you try looking at it. The application is the easiest. Just alight the earpiece hole and with your screen on for close to perfect alignment.
PS: I have an extra box of a pair of the tgsp. PM me if you want to get it from me. ;)

The Spigen 2pc pack most value for money

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally have used cased be it iPhone or other phones. Starting from iphone 6 onwards I've been using caudabe cases as it's so thin that it's just enough to protect from scratches but offers no drop protection. Just enough to keep the original feel of the phone.

Interesting. I only use case started from 4s onwards.
Basically never had to worry about drop or scratch protection until i had my 1st iphone. :s13:

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the twin pack, replaced it with the previous notch cut out type. This is by far the best I’ve used. Won’t even notice it unless you try looking at it. The application is the easiest. Just alight the earpiece hole and with your screen on for close to perfect alignment.
PS: I have an extra box of a pair of the tgsp. PM me if you want to get it from me. ;)

anyone shop got sell and help to paste for this spigen twin pack?

feralslash

Reaction score
Previously I was using it naked. Until it drop and crack.

Paying the $148 for replacement is one thing. It's the trouble of getting appointment. Calling for express replacement etc. And when you got the phone got to restore and go through the nerve wrecking process of whatsapp cannot find backup (mine need a few minutes to be able to find my backup. It will keep showing no backup found.) etc. All these mental stress, just not worth it.

Invest in a good case and use with care.
Don't just anyhow with case

Mine crack too when using apple leather case

$148 is because you bought applecare?

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

I’m using my 8 without any screen protector or caring because of the exact reason you mentioned. I love the touch and feel of aluminium and glass. My screen had a deep scratch crack within one month. Got it replaced recently as I’ve Apple Care. It’s a fair trade off I’m willing to take. But if you don’t intend of having AC, then I suggest you get the appropriate protections. The prices for replacing the screen and encasing are ridiculous for the X and 8.

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

EXCESSORIZE ME's Rhinoshield SS Review out liao:)

But never show the Leather one thou.. haha.
And i totally forgot can switch the buttons sia.. suddenly remembered after watching this.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

EXCESSORIZE ME's Rhinoshield SS Review out liao:)

But never show the Leather one thou.. haha.
And i totally forgot can switch the buttons sia.. suddenly remembered after watching this.

g00t stuff. rotating between the carbon & leather haha knn.. :s12:

KwayChup

Reaction score
Just gotten iPx. Bought Spigen C1 case... any lobang for tg? Spigen is 2 pack but I only need one leh... recommendation for economic tg please

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.