What are some good portable headphones?

pwnies5600

Reaction score
Recently I've been wishing for a pair of headphones I can use both at home and in the office. All of my current headphones are over ear and too big, and the IEMs and earphones aren't that comfortable for long listening hours.

Are there any headphones sub-$160 that give clear mids and vocals, portable enough to wear in the MRT and have decent build quality? Wired is preferred but bluetooth is ok too so long as can plug wire and listen if battery die.

I've also been looking at AKG's Y50 and Grado SR60. Would you recommend these if I'm looking for clear vocals?

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get 1 iem ... 1 headphone

actually headphone is equally uncomfortable for long listening hours

it clamps your ears... how can it be comfortable

IEM is actually much better... consider getting good earbuds replacement... a correct size or softer material

Last edited:

pwnies5600

Reaction score
get 1 iem ... 1 headphone

actually headphone is equally uncomfortable for long listening hours

it clamps your ears... how can it be comfortable

IEM is actually much better... consider getting good earbuds replacement... a correct size or softer material

Hmm that's a good point, but I dunno about headphones being uncomfortable for long listening hours though. I have only really ever tried wearing 2 pairs of headphones for long hours. I got the audio technica anc7b and sennheiser hd 280. They feel quite ok on long-haul flight but is just they very bulky so I don't feel like wearing them on the mrt.

IEM wise i think I should be ok for now bah, recently only got the creative outlier one, but walk on road cannot hear surrounding later kena knock down by car also cannot hear haha. The only pair that can hear surroundings one is the apple one, but not very comfortable so i want to get some portable lightweight headphone that i can use everywhere

pwnies5600

Reaction score
Wired can try audio tech STH ES770, but I would prefer their wooden series just that the price shoot up quite a bit

Oh yeah those do look good. Hopefully stereo have, I'll go and have a try of the headphones today.

By the way one of my friends recommended the ATH-AR3BT. Anyone try before this one?

ATH-AR3BT_1-500x500.jpg

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never tried before go stereo most likely have demo Fri everything

Oh yeah those do look good. Hopefully stereo have, I'll go and have a try of the headphones today.

By the way one of my friends recommended the ATH-AR3BT. Anyone try before this one?

ATH-AR3BT_1-500x500.jpg

DJSnip3r

Reaction score
If you're looking at grado's headphones, SR60/80e are good but they are open back, so all the outside noise will drown out your audio. Grado is only suitable for indoor listening. For using in mrt, will need closeback headphones like maybe sennheiser hd598c.

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes the Grado sounds good but using outdoor is a disaster

Sent from My Pigu using GAGT

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score

ATH-AR3BT_1-500x500.jpg
我自己用緊嘅係ATH-S200BT。
平平地,80蚊入手。一充滿電,由拜一朝早用到今日,平均一日5個鈡聼網絡傳播,剩低70%電力。應該仲可以頂到拜五夜晚!低音厚,高音夠清。聼爵士音樂OK。
聼古典音樂少少差D,高音偏粗。
聼發燒女音,中音唔夠。。。圓潤。
聼電影。。。足足夠。

其他缺點,
耳枕唔夠軟。
雖然有的伸縮,但細頭箍依然好緊。
無3.5毫米插窿。

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
If you're looking at grado's headphones, SR60/80e are good but they are open back, so all the outside noise will drown out your audio. Grado is only suitable for indoor listening. For using in mrt, will need closeback headphones like maybe sennheiser hd598c.
好想入SR60咧。。。本地保修幾年呀?
JABEN賣$130。。。近美國市價雙倍。。。如果無兩年實在好難落手~

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grado should be one year don't remember, I only remember Sennheiser has two years

Sent from My Pigu using GAGT

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
好想入SR60咧。。。本地保修幾年呀?
JABEN賣$130。。。近美國市價雙倍。。。如果無兩年實在好難落手~

大老。。。小心用。。。。十年都唔坏

why u still talk in canto

go hiendy... there more c-hing :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.