Everything about the iPhone X

jianhui1982

Reaction score
Mine is via cable most of the time. Wireless charging seems creates more heat on the phone.. too warm till i remove it. stick to cable till now

hawkz02

Reaction score
Just use it normally :)
Mine still 100% , bought on 1st day of launch.
At home using wireless and fast charging.
Office fast charging
On the move wireless charging .

So I concur that what is use for charging is not a factor at all.
agsuvux.jpg

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Office fast charging

agsuvux.jpg

Third Party applications that tell you things about battery should be generally avoided. Apple has removed all API that reports battery status and states so this app is making wild guesses.

hawkz02

Reaction score
Is it? Then what to use? Also I’m using the same app on my other iPhone 7plus and it reported 86%.
I do not need it to be accurate but it does tell the battery life of the phone and result plus minus abit which is good enough Liao.

Third Party applications that tell you things about battery should be generally avoided. Apple has removed all API that reports battery status and states so this app is making wild guesses.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Have? I’m still on 11.2 which I do not see any that will inform me on the wear and tear percentage.
11.4 have?

You need to be on 11.3. It should also bring some performance boost provided your battery can handle it.

iOS 11.3 improves this performance management feature by periodically assessing the level of performance management necessary to avoid unexpected shutdowns. If the battery health is able to support the observed peak power requirements, the amount of performance management will be lowered. If an unexpected shutdown occurs again, then performance management will increase. This assessment is ongoing, allowing more adaptive performance management.

Peak performance capability is the ability of your iPhone's battery to supply adequate charge even in the face of highly demanding tasks, up to and including those that cause power spikes.

Apple shows the following messages in Battery Health, depending on your iPhone's capability to handle apps at peak performance:

100%: Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
95%: This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable…
79% or less: Your battery's health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…
Unknown: This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options…

If you disable performance management, you'll see the following message:
"This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections."

iphone-battery-health-apple-art-02.jpg

iphone-battery-health-apple-art-03.jpg

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to be on 11.3. It should also bring some performance boost provided your battery can handle it.

iOS 11.3 improves this performance management feature by periodically assessing the level of performance management necessary to avoid unexpected shutdowns. If the battery health is able to support the observed peak power requirements, the amount of performance management will be lowered. If an unexpected shutdown occurs again, then performance management will increase. This assessment is ongoing, allowing more adaptive performance management.

Peak performance capability is the ability of your iPhone's battery to supply adequate charge even in the face of highly demanding tasks, up to and including those that cause power spikes.

Apple shows the following messages in Battery Health, depending on your iPhone's capability to handle apps at peak performance:

100%: Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
95%: This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable…
79% or less: Your battery's health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…
Unknown: This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can service the battery. More about service options…

If you disable performance management, you'll see the following message:
"This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections."

iphone-battery-health-apple-art-02.jpg

iphone-battery-health-apple-art-03.jpg
Mine is 94% but description is the same as 100% 0.0

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine is 94% but description is the same as 100% 0.0

Likely cause it has not experienced an unexpected shutdown.
The iPhone 8 and X should be able to deliver better and more peak power than the older devices. So until the unexpected shut down happens you can still reach peak performance

Last edited:

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Office fast charging

What is the % according to Apple settings? That would be a better gauge.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated to 11.4 and the percentage is 97% base on Apple setting. Which is still considering good ba.

I guess ok. Not sure in future if “battery %” will be one of the criteria for selling of the phone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.