The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
last time Singapore polytechnic only accepts nets, no cash

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

I think we can call and check it up this time. But i believe both should accept cash, As a student from NP i know for sure NP accepts cash.

InfinityInventor

Reaction score
Advice!

Hey guisee, I'm looking for a computer eyeglass (to reduce bluelight effects), which brand and what type will you recommend?

Reaction score
Hey guisee, I'm looking for a computer eyeglass (to reduce bluelight effects), which brand and what type will you recommend?

Hi InfinityInventor,
I'ld recommend you to go for Tokai Lutina / Asahi Lite UV3G lenses.
They block up to 94% HEV(Blue) light, has 99% light transmibility(no visible yellow tint) & hydrophobic non-reflective multicoating.

Check out the lens demo here:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, may i know wat the brand/model of your frame is? If you dont mind, can name the shop too?

Hi Feralslash,
Brand: Pascale (Made-In-Korea)
Model: 2345
Material: Ultem (Ultra elastic)

Yes, EyezoneOpticalSG is right.
The details of the frame is correct.

You can go to any Zeiss partners for making your Zeiss lenses.
You can check out which Zeiss partner is near your home address (or work address, whichever is more convenient for you).

Type in your address in this Zeiss partner search
https://www.zeiss.com.sg/vision-care/en_sg/better-vision/search/zeiss-dealer-search.html?address=

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, any lens to recommend for under 200 deg in both eyes, and slight astig under 200 in both eyes as well?

will be a daily use spectacle for driving and also for computer work.

appreciate the help!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good evening!

You can consider using Zeiss Drivesafe lenses. Whereby the lenses is optimized for driving and also comes tinted slightly yellow which helps reduce glare from computer screens. kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Or basically any blue light filter lenses which helps makes your vision warmer will do the trick too. But make sure it has the yellowish hue in it e.g. zeiss blue protect, essilor prevencia, hoya(stellify,pentax) bluecontrol works too.

Hope this helps!

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good evening!

You can consider using Zeiss Drivesafe lenses. Whereby the lenses is optimized for driving and also comes tinted slightly yellow which helps reduce glare from computer screens. kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Or basically any blue light filter lenses which helps makes your vision warmer will do the trick too. But make sure it has the yellowish hue in it e.g. zeiss blue protect, essilor prevencia, hoya(stellify,pentax) bluecontrol works too.

Hope this helps!

thanks Gangsterkia. what's the ballpark price for drivesafe 1.5 lens?. is zeiss 1.5 cr-39 lens?

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
i am currently looking to buy a new pair of spec with transition lens or sunglass with degree. May I know which one is preferred for driving/ going oversea?

i am also working in orchard so is there a good spec shop in orchard to recommend? i know there is ownday at 313 and zoff at central. which spectacle shop is good?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
i am currently looking to buy a new pair of spec with transition lens or sunglass with degree. May I know which one is preferred for driving/ going oversea?

i am also working in orchard so is there a good spec shop in orchard to recommend? i know there is ownday at 313 and zoff at central. which spectacle shop is good?

Kj Optometrists at Plaza Sing is really good with well trained staff.
For your lenses you can probably ask about Zeiss Drivesafe with Photofusion e.g. transition added on.

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know which optical shop in sg sells Rayban clubmaster oversize? Consider is not very avaliable in the market these days?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

wiz

Reaction score
Hi, are there any online shops where I can buy original ic berlin temple tips replacements?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.