Soundbar discussion Thread IV [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Quite a good deal you got.

I casually checked a few places online. Mega $1,099 Courts $1,011 but all these are without sub!! Not sure they got pricing error.
Tats list price go mega n bargain 4 combo set shld b able 2 get better pricing.

red_december

Reaction score
Quite a good deal you got.

I casually checked a few places online. Mega $1,099 Courts $1,011 but all these are without sub!! Not sure they got pricing error.

That's list price. even in the store it says 1011. but ask the salesperson they'll tell you its 699. the sub is listed as 599 (i think) but buy tgt can get for 399 i think

red_december

Reaction score
Just spoke to someone from Best and he said MS750 has been discontinued. Recommended K850 instead which is the same price.

Anyone has tried K850?

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to someone from Best and he said MS750 has been discontinued. Recommended K850 instead which is the same price.

Anyone has tried K850?

I did hoot K850 instead,so far nv disappoint me, the bass and sound stage are awesome.

The cons is that unlike its more exp siblings k950, it does not come with 2 wireless surround speakers with upfiring drivers for dobly atmos support. Except for that, everything else is the same as k950.

Another thing is take note is that dobly atmos does not work via hdmi arc from tv even as the source have it. So a dedicated media player or xbox one is need to make the Dobly atmos work as intended.

tian800

Reaction score
Plan to get a Yamaha YSP-2700 as they having sales now. Anyone tried it yet? Is it good and worth it?

kcpeh

Reaction score
Initally i was also tempted to get ms650/750 with w700 sub, but in the end hoot hw-k850 instead after considering it cost ard the same which also support dobly atmos.
Din get those too..need Addition 515 for w700. Hoot n650 at 599 mustafa. So far best price I hunt ard.

Cadino

Reaction score
Plan to get a Yamaha YSP-2700 as they having sales now. Anyone tried it yet? Is it good and worth it?

We tried it at Audio house. Not bad but personally still pprefer one with rear speakers. It was selling at $1699 then but free WX-010. Think $1499 is good price

BlueRobin

Reaction score

Yamaha has a demo room setup for you to audition in Plaza Singapura. I went there to listen to the YAS-306. Very helpful staff. Much better than those noisy/open environment in the electronic stores.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah Samsung N series out liao. I was like pushing the MS650 and MS750 last year

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung still don’t have a updated Dolby Atmos set up?

Their only one is the K950, release 2-3 years ago.

BlueRobin

Reaction score
Had a chance to listen to the new Sonos Beam at TC Acoustic at Adelphi. For me it sounded quite good especially when playing music. It is on pre-order at S$699 so the price is as usual quite expensive for Sonos products. This one will support Alexa and in the future Google Assistant and Apple Airplay 2.

Also first time seeing the Q Acoustic M4. Pretty good sound quality too. Asking S$670.

Still haven't got a chance to listen to Samsung MS650/750 as the display unit at Best Taka wasn't working when I was there.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Had a chance to listen to the new Sonos Beam at TC Acoustic at Adelphi. For me it sounded quite good especially when playing music. It is on pre-order at S$699 so the price is as usual quite expensive for Sonos products. This one will support Alexa and in the future Google Assistant and Apple Airplay 2.

Also first time seeing the Q Acoustic M4. Pretty good sound quality too. Asking S$670.

Still haven't got a chance to listen to Samsung MS650/750 as the display unit at Best Taka wasn't working when I was there.
M4 no HDMI no 5.1 upgrade capability...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.