November 2017 SBF

Erinlmh

Reaction score
yeah true la.. but it was so nerve wrecking till the second I entered the counter to select the flat... hehehe....but there is always a smaller q no... :s22: just like we always tot we r early for work but there is always someone earlier:D

Totally agreed. Only on that very day itself when I'm able to chose the unit I want, then that's final. I have another issue now. Wondering whether I can opt for the OCS (Optional Component Scheme)or not.:s13::s13:

semblady123

Reaction score
woodlands :(
i hope woodlands pasture is good

My dream was woodlands glen right beside parents home.. well its a dream.. first 2 times didn't even get Q no so I decided to go with semb...
give woodlands glen a try.. BUT.. its not near mrt..but new woodlands south mrt is opening right beside it soon..:s22:

semblady123

Reaction score
Totally agreed. Only on that very day itself when I'm able to chose the unit I want, then that's final. I have another issue now. Wondering whether I can opt for the OCS (Optional Component Scheme)or not.:s13::s13:

what is OCS la? omg to be honest.. I was so excited to book flat.. but since the day I booked I didn't even drop by there to see or even look for renovation contractors and stuff yet..dunno what im thinking.. I didn't even look at the floor plan .. the file they gave me I kept inside drawer for a week now..:zonia:

heybuddy

Reaction score
My dream was woodlands glen right beside parents home.. well its a dream.. first 2 times didn't even get Q no so I decided to go with semb...
give woodlands glen a try.. BUT.. its not near mrt..but new woodlands south mrt is opening right beside it soon..:s22:

pasture will be near to future north south corridor and very near to pri and sec schools.. but far from my parents who are in marsiling..

glen left with low floors.. lol

heybuddy

Reaction score

i thought sbf cannot choose OCS??

semblady123

Reaction score
pasture will be near to future north south corridor and very near to pri and sec schools.. but far from my parents who are in marsiling..

glen left with low floors.. lol

Oh then its ok.. from glen got bus to woodlands interchange.. many schools near here.. many many eating shops too... but of course its ur preference since u said low floors. hehe... :p

jameskuwe

Reaction score
I dun think so. What I know is......
1st - go for balloting, if you are lucky, you will proceed to next step which is
2nd - Quene no. drawing by HDB system. Mixture of 1st & 2nd timer name to be put together and start to draw via system. Meaning a 2nd timer will also stand a chance to get no. 1.

Do you mean a second timer may get a smaller Q number than a first timer? Sian liao. Q number 71 sure no change for Sembawang now.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
what is OCS la? omg to be honest.. I was so excited to book flat.. but since the day I booked I didn't even drop by there to see or even look for renovation contractors and stuff yet..dunno what im thinking.. I didn't even look at the floor plan .. the file they gave me I kept inside drawer for a week now..:zonia:

OCS is something whereas we can chose whether or not to opt for the flooring, doors, bathroom fittings. Did you apply for any grant? If yes, did you officer tell you how much are you granted?

semblady123

Reaction score
OCS is something whereas we can chose whether or not to opt for the flooring, doors, bathroom fittings. Did you apply for any grant? If yes, did you officer tell you how much are you granted?

My unit had FF mentioned in it.. though dunno what it has... I applied for grant.. she didn't tell me how much... even online status I checked it said "AHG/SHG grant not submitted' so I guess they take time to submit...

Cos our income a bit complicated..cos we changed job once in the 1 year..so the income varies on various month.. so to see the income ceiling needs a bit of calculation .. hehe..:s13: So I guess I have to wait for some email from there or something..She said takes 4-6months to sign lease..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My unit had FF mentioned in it.. though dunno what it has... I applied for grant.. she didn't tell me how much... even online status I checked it said "AHG/SHG grant not submitted' so I guess they take time to submit...

Cos our income a bit complicated..cos we changed job once in the 1 year..so the income varies on various month.. so to see the income ceiling needs a bit of calculation .. hehe..:s13: So I guess I have to wait for some email from there or something..She said takes 4-6months to sign lease..
I see... hope you dun mind me asking further. Are you currently staying with parents or have own home.

I am currently staying at our own place. Was thinking when do we need to sell house. So many things in mind.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Do you mean a second timer may get a smaller Q number than a first timer? Sian liao. Q number 71 sure no change for Sembawang now.

Yes. Everyone has a chance to get smaller no. so long they ballot and manage to get the ticket to get a Q no. We are 1st timer but our Q no. is 68. I called up HDB and asked them, they told us 1st timer does not guarantee small Q no.:s13::s13:

semblady123

Reaction score
I see... hope you dun mind me asking further. Are you currently staying with parents or have own home.

I am currently staying at our own place. Was thinking when do we need to sell house. So many things in mind.

My parents home only.. this is my first flat purchase.. or shud I say most expensive purchase in life :s12::(:D

Yeah when selling soo many things to consider.. when buying also..:s22:

jameskuwe

Reaction score
Yes. Everyone has a chance to get smaller no. so long they ballot and manage to get the ticket to get a Q no. We are 1st timer but our Q no. is 68. I called up HDB and asked them, they told us 1st timer does not guarantee small Q no.:s13::s13:

thanks for the info. are you planning to give up?

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My parents home only.. this is my first flat purchase.. or shud I say most expensive purchase in life :s12::(:D

Yeah when selling soo many things to consider.. when buying also..:s22:
Just found out that one unit we like is under OF(open kitchen concept with floor finishes and the other is OK. Need to check with officer whether can change to FF and kitchen with partition. Still have 6 more to go then our turn. Hoping for the best :s13::s13:

We plan to sell the resale flat when time comes on our own to save the agent fee of 1% which is too much to handle. :D

talberry

Reaction score
Just found out that one unit we like is under OF(open kitchen concept with floor finishes and the other is OK. Need to check with officer whether can change to FF and kitchen with partition. Still have 6 more to go then our turn. Hoping for the best :s13::s13:

We plan to sell the resale flat when time comes on our own to save the agent fee of 1% which is too much to handle. :D

Unfortunately if it is stated that it is open concept kitchen, you will have to do your own reno if you want to have partition. HDB won't do it for you :D

semblady123

Reaction score

wow 6 more.. so close... all the best !!! May u get ur dream unit :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.