AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Very keen on the 55 inch for my living room TV. Is this a good buy ? Do I need additional tuner box to watch local show or there build in ?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 Twilight using GAGT

petetherock

Reaction score
Very keen on the 55 inch for my living room TV. Is this a good buy ? Do I need additional tuner box to watch local show or there build in ?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 Twilight using GAGT

Look for the DTV sticker on the set.
As I mentioned in the DTV thread, most sets sold in SG, except for some small sets have it.
Since you are very keen, you should go down and have a look for yourself.

bleonz

Reaction score
Anyone using the 55”? Is it a good buy?
i think is an acceptable TV, for the price paid. So far, I would say better than the entry level Philips TV (i.e 55PUT6002) and Sharp TVs (at least I no need to worry on who servicing the warranty part if any issues arise)....AOC is handled by the same team selling Philips TV i.e. TPVision/MMD, their office in Ubi.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think is an acceptable TV, for the price paid. So far, I would say better than the entry level Philips TV (i.e 55PUT6002) and Sharp TVs (at least I no need to worry on who servicing the warranty part if any issues arise)....AOC is handled by the same team selling Philips TV i.e. TPVision/MMD, their office in Ubi.

Thank you, shall drop by amk hub Ntuc to check it out.

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Got mine at Jurong point xtra @$699 55inch free delivery and free mounting. Left last 3 . Color wise not bad but what I like is the build in Netflix and YouTube , is wise quick easy to navigate . I change the mode to vivd and look so much better. Time to replace my 10 year old Panasonic 40 inch . Oh and by is 3 year warranty by Philips ;)

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got mine at Jurong point xtra @$699 55inch free delivery and free mounting. Left last 3 . Color wise not bad but what I like is the build in Netflix and YouTube , is wise quick easy to navigate . I change the mode to vivd and look so much better. Time to replace my 10 year old Panasonic 40 inch . Oh and by is 3 year warranty by Philips ;)

Sorry if this sounds dumb, Free mount have to DIY or they will do it for you?

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone bought either the 50 or 55 model and plug PS4 to it? Any issue with games?

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT

marsbarsz

Reaction score
Hello all 2 questions

1) For those who recently bought the AOC tv, are your screens RGB or RGBW?

2) What are some of the smart TV functions? Can watch latest movies and Korean/hk dramas? What can be used to stream from phone?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.