Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb_kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
meds. depends what you need. for my family i get panadol, zyrtec, sore throat lozenges, diabetes stuff (syringe, strips, lancet, alcohol swab) from watsons/guardian. different times they have some promo it may be up to 30-50% cheaper

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, do people here know there is free shuttle bus to ikea tebrau?
seems pretty under-utilized for now ...

hwsstx

Reaction score
What med which sell in SG over the counter is cheaper to buy in jb?

I'm on medication for High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol. Below is the comparison.

a) HBP medication, Cozaar 50mg, 30 tabs, for RM 74 (vs $60)

b) Cholesterol medication, Lovastatin 20mg, 100 tabs, for RM 56 (vs $70).

No prescription required.

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, do people here know there is free shuttle bus to ikea tebrau?
seems pretty under-utilized for now ...

Most Malaysians have car. Car park is free if shop in Ikea.
If take bus then cannot buy big bulky items.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm on medication for High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol. Below is the comparison.

a) HBP medication, Cozaar 50mg, 30 tabs, for RM 74 (vs $60)

b) Cholesterol medication, Lovastatin 20mg, 100 tabs, for RM 56 (vs $70).

No prescription required.
Why not get from our polyclinic?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good question, an alternative I've not explored. But I've heard polyclinic may be cheaper.

I'm not sure that we can get the med from polyclinic without a doctor's prescription... and that will cost consultation fee...

laeticia

Reaction score
Good question, an alternative I've not explored. But I've heard polyclinic may be cheaper.
Its quite cheap if you're retired and have pioneer card. Additional discounts off consultation and medication although its generic meds.

My dad wanted to continue seeing his current doctors at SNEC so he doesn't get any subsidies for his glaucoma eye drops. These are around S$10 cheaper at Caring Pharmacy JB.

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thn this type can buy in JB a not LOL. Common med for cough

Fluimucil (gd for remove phlegm)
Tussidex Forte Linctus (Dry cough)
Leftose (sore throats inflammation)

Last edited:

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I buy medicine frequently from JB - It used to be a lot cheaper than SG but these days most of the meds are more or less the same price as compared to SG.

Don't believe? Just check out the price again when you return to SG after buying from JB.

As best as I can recall what I've bought last week -

Fluimucil - rm40.50 (10 tablets)
Denzen - rm5.50 (10 tablets)
Difflam lozenges - rm23 (probably the only thing still worth getting - even polyclinic after consultation sells its slightly cheaper at sgd$7.36)

Basically, not medicine is cheaper there - you have to do your own due diligence and make the comparison while you're still in SG before you leave to go JB to buy them.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Fluimucil - rm40.50 (10 tablets) is cheaper thn sg. i just ask unity. it cost around $14.60 or $16.40 /box :D:D

I buy medicine frequently from JB - It used to be a lot cheaper than SG but these days most of the meds are more or less the same price as compared to SG.

Don't believe? Just check out the price again when you return to SG after buying from JB.

As best as I can recall what I've bought last week -

Fluimucil - rm40.50 (10 tablets)
Denzen - rm5.50 (10 tablets)
Difflam lozenges - rm23 (probably the only thing still worth getting - even polyclinic after consultation sells its slightly cheaper at sgd$7.36)

Basically, not medicine is cheaper there - you have to do your own due diligence and make the comparison while you're still in SG before you leave to go JB to buy them.

JadziaK

Reaction score
Agree with checking Sg prices before buying in JB. For those who visit Aeon Bukit Indah, there's a BIG Pharmacy (used to be Recap Pharmacy) across the road. U can get 10% discount by joining their free membership. Prices there are comparable to Caring or Watson's so its worth joining.

Sent from Live Long & Prosper using GAGT

ixora2007

Reaction score
i compared the price of Panadol Extra here vs JB Watson & Guardian. Not much differences in price.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
i compared the price of Panadol Extra here vs JB Watson & Guardian. Not much differences in price.

i saw its was RM11.22 leh~ Sg is selling S$7, 8~?? :s11:

Panadol01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.