[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently have some leave to clear and planning to bring my parent to visit Taiwan on July.

But understand Taipei will have typhoon season on July. Any idea how bad is the typhoon usually? will it last few days or just few hours :s13:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently have some leave to clear and planning to bring my parent to visit Taiwan on July.

But understand Taipei will have typhoon season on July. Any idea how bad is the typhoon usually? will it last few days or just few hours :s13:

If really bad, it's the debris after the typhoon passed.
So everything is pretty unpredictable.
So to me, typhoon or not, you still may want to travel.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think usually just strong gust of wind & rainfall
but the major ones like Typhoon Nesat in 2017, aftermath of typhoon were bad as many infrastructure were damaged.

like what calkel20 said, everything unpredictable. typhoon may head to taipei but eventually weaken or change it's course

i think hitting major one like Typhoon Nesat was like striking toto :s13: storm-chasers are known to camp themselves few days before the arrival along the path hopefully to "catch" the typhoon, many times still miss it.

Last edited:

Misery-

Reaction score
Dear bros/sis,
Have confirmed my Taiwan trip (7 nights) in November Will be staying 4 nights in kaohsiung.

What are the must dos in kaohsiung? (with 1.5 yr old toddler)

Is taking a day out to tainan too adventurous?

Calkel20 bro, will need your help on the hsr tickets.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros/sis,
Have confirmed my Taiwan trip (7 nights) in November Will be staying 4 nights in kaohsiung.

What are the must dos in kaohsiung? (with 1.5 yr old toddler)

Is taking a day out to tainan too adventurous?

Calkel20 bro, will need your help on the hsr tickets.

4 nights in KHH quite overkill.
There is a theme park called E-Da. Can google for it and stay a night there.
Good to consider one day/night out in kenting.
Can visit the Eluanbi lighthouse at kenting or the 国家公园。
There is a National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium which you can visit too.

Am sure kid like to take train etc.
If you do not mind taking an hour train to tainan, why not?
It's good, except that moving around probably need to get a transport or alternatively, just hail or use the app to call for a cab in Tainan as public transport not as easy to get.

Happy planning and hear from you soon.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think usually just strong gust of wind & rainfall
but the major ones like Typhoon Nesat in 2017, aftermath of typhoon were bad as many infrastructure were damaged.

like what calkel20 said, everything unpredictable. typhoon may head to taipei but eventually weaken or change it's course

i think hitting major one like Typhoon Nesat was like striking toto :s13: storm-chasers are known to camp themselves few days before the arrival along the path hopefully to "catch" the typhoon, many times still miss it.

That's why they call storm chasers :s13:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 nights in KHH quite overkill.
There is a theme park called E-Da. Can google for it and stay a night there.
Good to consider one day/night out in kenting.
Can visit the Eluanbi lighthouse at kenting or the 国家公园。
There is a National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium which you can visit too.

Am sure kid like to take train etc.
If you do not mind taking an hour train to tainan, why not?
It's good, except that moving around probably need to get a transport or alternatively, just hail or use the app to call for a cab in Tainan as public transport not as easy to get.

Happy planning and hear from you soon.

Stay E-Da before, quite nice but don't expect too much on theme park.
1 day max

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol … yeah they keep chasing and to station themselves where the eye of storm pass thru … needs alot of luck!

that said, for earthquake i think better to stay far far … this one no place to hide
That's why they call storm chasers :s13:

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EMS so ex.
Then i think u better off pay for check in.\

ask y'all.

how does the check in baggage work? sometimes I see people check in box of tw instant noodle etc.

I assume it will be part of your check in baggage weight? buy 35 kg. luggage - 20 kg, rest of 15 kg check in as carton box

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask y'all.

how does the check in baggage work? sometimes I see people check in box of tw instant noodle etc.

I assume it will be part of your check in baggage weight? buy 35 kg. luggage - 20 kg, rest of 15 kg check in as carton box

Yes. Since paper boxes are lighter.
No restrictions on number of items as check in.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carton check in must tap properly, you don't want half way open. Carrefour got free tape and string to use.

acewind

Reaction score
intend to go up maokong the tea plantation there. does anyone know whether there is mingsu in that area? want to stay there up on the mountain. hahah

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Time to buy more baggage.

Do y’all have any recommendations of Taiwanese travel blogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.