Help suggestions for spoilt home button iPhone7

darkstriker21

Reaction score
As per the title, I dropped my phone several times now, but the most recent drop has caused my home button to stop working. I have a slim case around my phone so I am not sure if a part is loose/ connection loose or something.

TouchID still works, but I can no longer press and it doesn't give me the haptic feedback anymore. Currently using assistive touch.

Anyone can recommend what should I do? Thinking about fixing it if the price is not too expensive so that I can still use it for trade in value in oct/nov when the next iPhone comes. Its been more than a year since I bought it (close to 2 years) and I don't think warranty covers it anymore.

a) bring it to apple store to repair (possibly expensive)
b) bring it to a retailer/ reputable shop to repair (not sure of the pricing or will it void trade-ins)
c) leave it be until i change phone (will starhub still accept it for trade in?)

Much appreciated everyone! Need your opinions and feedback!

pwnies5600

Reaction score
If you repair at apple or their authorised service providers, prices should be quite similar to this https://support.apple.com/en-sg/iphone/repair/service#otherrepairs

To check if you are still under warranty or are eligible for applecare extension, see here https://checkcoverage.apple.com/sg/en/

I don't know about trade ins. Usually I just keep my phone cuz anyways I'm stuck on the 12GB data iphone 3GS plan by M1 from eons ago and don't want to recontract.

Keep in mind that if you get it replaced at a non-apple authorised service provider they may use non-genuine parts (OEM parts included) that may exclude you from any apple authorised repairs in the future (or you might incur a fee. A.Labs actually makes you sign a form to acknowledge that you don't have non-genuine parts inside your device. I've only heard stories but never experienced it first hand about people being refused screen and battery replacement at apple because they repair at third party shops before).

I have never had my iphones repaired at apple before (mainly because I rarely damage them to the point of hardware failure though the cosmetics make it look like it's been to a war zone and back). My experience is limited to annoying the A.labs technicians every now and then to just clean the dust in the camera on my old 5s back when I was still using it.

PetPet

Reaction score
Also to add on, if you are to have your home button fixed at non authorised dealers your TouchID may stop working.

darkstriker21

Reaction score
Its my first time having any problems with an iPhone since iPhone4. Seems like going outside for repairs isn't a good idea, I can live by using assistive touch anyway.

Also to add on, if you are to have your home button fixed at non authorised dealers your TouchID may stop working.

Noted on this! I guess my main question now will be if the phone can still be traded in at some value in future (~5 6 months) I don't mind if the value drops a little, just afraid they would reject it completely?

PlsBanHim

Reaction score
Doing trade in those don’t check the parts is original or not.

Working condition can already

Its my first time having any problems with an iPhone since iPhone4. Seems like going outside for repairs isn't a good idea, I can live by using assistive touch anyway.

Noted on this! I guess my main question now will be if the phone can still be traded in at some value in future (~5 6 months) I don't mind if the value drops a little, just afraid they would reject it completely?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.