OPPO R15 series - Even natural beauty shots with AI camera!

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the recommendation. As per recommendation here and googling the specs, I advise my son to take the Huawei Mate 10 pro. But he insisted on the Oppa even though it has lower specs. Don't know why school students like the Oppa phones, seems to be popular in his school.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the recommendation. As per recommendation here and googling the specs, I advise my son to take the Huawei Mate 10 pro. But he insisted on the Oppa even though it has lower specs. Don't know why school students like the Oppa phones, seems to be popular in his school.
Oh it's for your son, then the OPPO R15 may be better because the design and style is geared towards young people.

Young people generally have good impression on OPPO phones, with its stylish design and rather good camera.

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought younger generation prefer Apple over Android. Hahaha

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL #Panda~Panda using GAGT

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah, still a big majority of young people still prefer Apple, but there's more and more young people using OPPO phone also but maybe it's because it's similar to Apple. :o

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think among the younger generations, deifferent age group, different brand. I think among the secondary schools, where they have limited spending power and depends mainly from parents for their handphone, the Oppo are rather popular. Unless they are from ACS..

The younger generation who started work, may have more disposable income, I think thee are the ones who buy Apples....

For me, uncle, is go for Redmi note 4.. Will always skip one generation for upgrade, hence the next time I upgrade is Redmi Note 6.

Last edited:

bleonz

Reaction score
cos in china/taiwan, they using alot of celebrities to endose the product...i believed those school kids who like oppa are chinese-pie...u ask the ang mo-pie, im sure they choose apple!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cos in china/taiwan, they using alot of celebrities to endose the product...i believed those school kids who like oppa are chinese-pie...u ask the ang mo-pie, im sure they choose apple!
Googled around and saw the list of celebrities endorsing OPPO in Mainland China and Taiwan at OPPO's wikipedia page, it's all the popular celebrities currently at there.. :o
nykpE3b.png

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPPO

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Real man loves Android. Strawberry and snowflake loves the fruit phone. Superficial and overpriced Lol..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Probably oppo looks like iphone copycat..

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Real man loves Android. Strawberry and snowflake loves the fruit phone. Superficial and overpriced Lol..

I wouldn't call it superficial and overpriced.

By benchmark, software, hardware and customer support Apple products are actually worth the price.

Benchmark, Software, Hardware
Nothing in mobile devices comes close to Apple Mobile tech. Flaunt the spec sheets all you want but the truth is An iPhone has fewer CPU cores. But the CPU cores it has are so powerful that it gets better Javascript performance than Chrome for Android.

An iPhone has less RAM. But it uses reference counting instead of garbage collection, so discarded objects are deleted promptly instead of building up in the free space until a collection cycle.

An iPhone has a lower-resolution camera sensor. But the processing on that camera is so highly refined, with custom hardware and carefully designed software, that it produces better-looking photos.

An iPhone has a smaller battery. But every aspect of that iPhone, from the silicon to the software, has been measured, analyzed, profiled, and optimized specifically for the piece of hardware it will run on. As they designed the case, the circuit board, the motion sensor, the CPU, the screen driver, the array implementation, the video decoder, the UI physics engine, they had one eye on the whole. So where another phone would guzzle down its large battery, an iPhone sips from its smaller one.

None of these things show up on spec sheets. Some of them show up in benchmarks; for instance, in single-core CPU performance,
https://browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks
https://browser.geekbench.com/ios-benchmarks

Post purchase & Customer support
They hold value longer you can resell them at a premium, buy your Android phone and try selling them out after a few months.

iPhone run into an issue with hardware or software? Go to the Apple store, within Warranty just swap it for a whole new set.

Software update updates and updates. Which other mobile OEM has an update for a phone that dated back all the way to 2013

Privacy
Apple is very dedicated to protecting their user's privacy. Their recent updates have broken a lot of ad-trackers that is used to track you web activities and searches so they cannot personally identify you from your activities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/8otadp/just_browsing_around_each_countrys_mobile_vendor/

and

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/apple-safari-privacy-facebook

Basically asides from hardware and software, Android makes its cost of being an open source via ad revenue by Google which is used at the same time by tracking you and your data as you use their services. Asides from that Chinese OEM has been caught red-handed sending data like keyboard data and personally identifying data to Chinese servers. So.. Yeah.
*Cough* Do you think you are safe..*cough*

For Google and other OEMs, you are the product not the device you buy.
For Apple their device are the product and they do not sell your data.

Last edited:

niahkong

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised at the lack of interest in this Oppo mid-range phone.

Anyway, i just did a re-contract with SH for $99 (s plan. $0 with $100 recon voucher).
Should be getting the phone in 2 days time.

Currently using mix1 which is dying soon...

Will share more Info once i get the phone.
Anyone keen to know more?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised at the lack of interest in this Oppo mid-range phone.

Anyway, i just did a re-contract with SH for $99 (s plan. $0 with $100 recon voucher).
Should be getting the phone in 2 days time.

Currently using mix1 which is dying soon...

Will share more Info once i get the phone.
Anyone keen to know more?
You got the regular version or Pro version?

Yatterman

Reaction score
Oppo very popular among the youngsters, especially among the girls. Essentially, they save hundreds while having a phone that is not Apple, but feels and looks like one.

For me, I hate the UI.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.