Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Bros and sisters,do not be gullible to think that by paying the LS,it will end the problem. Instead, it will be the beginning of your long term nightmare. Hence bite the bullet,have a short term pain and it will be over.
Do not bring more pain to your family by feeding the LS with your hard earn money. One day when you look back, this is just a hiccup in your life. Fear no more and just move forward with your life.

I heard Rocky IV soundtrack in the background while reading this. Very inspiring.

Sharuu

Reaction score
UPDATE:

So Ah Long did contact my NOK again, asking about me/my friend. My NOK demanded payment to release my/my friend's whereabouts with the kind of profound confidence afforded only by someone whose address is not known to criminals.

I won't go into detail, but my NOK convinced him that he would split the money I/my friend owe him with the ah long if he found me/my friend. It involved a charming conversation in Hokkien, a couple of ambiguous pictures of me/my friend and a few fake screenshots. Ah long said he would check with his boss and when he didn't respond after a few hours, we thought we had been caught, so we lost interest. Nobody is that stupid.

We were wrong! He is that stupid! So now my NOK has an additional 500$ in his bank account as deposit to look for me/my friend. Didn't even ask for his details. Legit just transferred money as payment. Granted, it wasn't as much as what we demanded, but it's going behind the pub like the first one.

INPUT PLEASE.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
UPDATE:

So Ah Long did contact my NOK again, asking about me/my friend. My NOK demanded payment to release my/my friend's whereabouts with the kind of profound confidence afforded only by someone whose address is not known to criminals.

I won't go into detail, but my NOK convinced him that he would split the money I/my friend owe him with the ah long if he found me/my friend. It involved a charming conversation in Hokkien, a couple of ambiguous pictures of me/my friend and a few fake screenshots. Ah long said he would check with his boss and when he didn't respond after a few hours, we thought we had been caught, so we lost interest. Nobody is that stupid.

We were wrong! He is that stupid! So now my NOK has an additional 500$ in his bank account as deposit to look for me/my friend. Didn't even ask for his details. Legit just transferred money as payment. Granted, it wasn't as much as what we demanded, but it's going behind the pub like the first one.

INPUT PLEASE.

Hahaha yr ah long is really stupid...but be careful bro..sometimes they will do things without thinking lo

Nas1978

Reaction score
UPDATE:

INPUT PLEASE.

Seriously.. This Ahlong from where ah??But they deserve this.. Good job. For once.. Someone has done it.. "Throw the cake in their face"

Crabx321

Reaction score
Take abt $600 pay $900. But some ppl want to make full payment but the AL keep delaying till the due date then give account number but cannot make full only can make $300 thn the borrower keep insisting want to make full payment. The AL say can’t cos account full. Thn was to check with AL Got any interest or any extra charges he say no. Today pay the remaining balance of $600 hopefully everything clears

Last edited:

Louis0902

Reaction score
Take abt $600 pay $900. But some ppl want to make full payment but the AL keep delaying till the due date then give account number but cannot make full only can make $300 thn the borrower keep insisting want to make full payment. The AL say can’t cos account full. Thn was to check with AL Got any interest or any extra charges he say no. Today pay the remaining balance of $600 hopefully everything clears
Ur ah long will definitely ask u deferred again.... Will very last min give u account number so u can't make it on time then will tell u it's not counted.... So ended up u will pay more and more.....

Last edited:

Crabx321

Reaction score
He said ytd only can paid $300 cos account full. I told him would like to clear. Does the WhatsApp conversation count as black and white?

Ur ah long will definitely ask u deferred again.... Will very last min give u account number so u can't make it on time then will tell u it's not counted.... So ended up u will pay more and more.....

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
He said ytd only can paid $300 cos account full. I told him would like to clear. Does the WhatsApp conversation count as black and white?

There’s no black and white with these cxxts, best if you’ve already paid them more than you’ve supposedly “loaned”, best is to just stop paying them.

Crabx321

Reaction score
Ytd is the first due date. Was told loan 600 pay 900. After that I stop paying do I need to go to al hotline? I’m afraid they will disturb my family and call my nok.

There’s no black and white with these cxxts, best if you’ve already paid them more than you’ve supposedly “loaned”, best is to just stop paying them.

Last edited:

Louis0902

Reaction score
Ytd is the first due date. Was told loan 600 pay 900. After that I stop paying do I need to go to al hotline? I’m afraid they will disturb my family and call my nok.
As long as u stop paying they will definitely disturb you or ur NOK... It's their protocol.... I din pay finish my full sum also cos I was told to defer n defer so I gave up.... I change number and until now for 1 month plus noting happen.... Because I gave them another of my number for NOK..... lucky I did that... There's no way to disturb me unless they come up my place.... I rather use the defer money to buy n install cctv then to let them suck....

minminzx

Reaction score
Loan $1000 on the 4th. He said make $5200 for total and I did... the next day he called and say need another $1600 because I got 2 line each $500 so 500 pay 800. Then he say $5200 only late payment and interest.... he took my Singpass and address and 3 next of kin number...

Sharuu

Reaction score
Loan $1000 on the 4th. He said make $5200 for total and I did... the next day he called and say need another $1600 because I got 2 line each $500 so 500 pay 800. Then he say $5200 only late payment and interest.... he took my Singpass and address and 3 next of kin number...

Okay...so?

Crabx321

Reaction score
How long till now they haven go up ur place?

As long as u stop paying they will definitely disturb you or ur NOK... It's their protocol.... I din pay finish my full sum also cos I was told to defer n defer so I gave up.... I change number and until now for 1 month plus noting happen.... Because I gave them another of my number for NOK..... lucky I did that... There's no way to disturb me unless they come up my place.... I rather use the defer money to buy n install cctv then to let them suck....

Louis0902

Reaction score
Told u so they will give all lame excuses or avoid u then last min ask u trf which only gives u about 15mins grace.... Once u can't make it..... Consider late liao....
Been a month plus so far my door is still OK...
The guy keep don’t reply me and all. Today suppose to pay 2nd or “full”
I’m so stupid

Louis0902

Reaction score
What loan u took? 1k pay 5.2k????? Change ur singpass immediately and tell ur NOK about it in case the ah long contact them... Tell them to block or reject unfamiliar number loh.... For ur work place tell then u being scam or u resign urself...

minminzx

Reaction score
What loan u took? 1k pay 5.2k????? Change ur singpass immediately and tell ur NOK about it in case the ah long contact them... Tell them to block or reject unfamiliar number loh.... For ur work place tell then u being scam or u resign urself...
because I loan on the 4th, but I skip all the payments I only paid $600. And on the 21st I clear all. I asked them how much I have to pay to cut off, they tell me 5.2k. The next day they called up and say $5.2k is only the late payment charges and interest. I have to pay another $1.6k for the amount I borrowed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.