radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the quality good?

So far..all my working shoes have been Hush Puppies:o

coolmyth

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bookmarking this. Looking to invest in a good, long-lasting, satki pair for decent price once my bonus cums... :s34: :s13:

Overtmission

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Invested in a 2.2k pair of shoes lasted me for more than a decade that i have forgotten what’s the brand

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing dr martens 1461 with BEX soles. It is 1461 w thicker sole.

Looka bit like safety shoes but can pass off as normal work shoe if never notice.

Quality is ok for bbfa like me which need thicker soles for support. Walked in the rain, slight ponding, quite water resistant. I also apply mink oil.

I also work w electricity n the thicker soles help a bit in insulation, hopefully.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6 years? The sole can last for so long? :s11:

My hush puppies shoe sole usually only last for 6 months :o
I don't remember exactly but mine even if not 20 years also confirm got more than 15 years and coming closer to 20 :eek: I wear them maybe only around 5 times in a year and surprisingly the soles are still good. The only problem is the leather sort of un-seasoned itself and the topline (at least, I think that's the correct term for it ... the edge in contact with your ankle) causes blister on my ankle like a brand new shoe.

Compared to a pair of Kings safety shoes I indented from work (and I had to top up cash from my own pocket to upgrade to Kings), I left it alone for over a year in my shoe cabinet because my existing pair of safety shoes were still good ... when I finally wore the Kings for the very 1st time the soles crumbled a bit with every step I took and there was a trail of sole fragments behind me ... I felt like I was The Incredible Melting Man or something :eek:

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ji0PExU.jpg

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they are long lasting, but very obiang
I still have 5 pairs in the shoe cabinet

Amaterasu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dr Marten has one of the best and longest wearing shoes. A pair can easily last half a decade because their sole is extremely difficult to wear out.

They have those formal ones with the black thread instead of bright yellow ones which are more suitable for office.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thought of buying but their design turns me off, almost all shoes and boots look like safety wear or combat wear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.