Yoga

dave13

Reaction score
is anyone here been or tried yoga? I'm a beginners and i wanted to try yoga, probly times like weekend where i don't go out much so i just wanna try yoga and such. can anyone recommend me a affordable yoga classes for beginner.

bobobob

Reaction score
Many yoga studios do trial classes that are cheaper than their normal rate. Google some near where you live and find out more. Community centres are also a good place for affordable classes if there's one near you that conducts yoga classes.

Reaction score
Try Nikam Guruji Yoga Kutir's 12-week basic course. The course is available at various locations all over the island. It’s free of charge, although at certain centres a $5 to $10 charge will be levied upon registration. The course schedule is on their website (http://www.yoganikam.org/basic-course.php).

Classes are designed to equip participants with the skills needed to practise yoga on their own, so a lot of emphasis will be placed on checking that the various exercises are done correctly, and at the end of each class students split into small groups to have their exercises checked by an instructor. You need to bring your own yoga mat and other essentials such as water bottle and towel to class.

Reaction score
If anyone is attending the free yoga classes, please note they do have a dress code. No spaghetti strap or sleeveless shirt or shorts. Round neck or polo short sleeve t-shirt and long pants are recommended.

Reaction score
For an absolute beginner, it’s not advisable to attempt yoga on your own even with YouTube or online tutorials, unless you have an experienced yogi at home to check and correct your form and posture.
youtube has alot of yoga tutorials and workouts to follow.

freewilly5000

Reaction score
But usually when I go to classes the instructor would rarely come around and check participants poses/posture.... I noticed in San Fran the instructors were more hands on - in fact participants must state if do not want to be adjusted by wearing special tag!

Reaction score
I think the class size is either too big or the instructor can’t be bothered to check. Those participants don’t like to be touched I guess. In this case, the instructor should just observe and give verbal feedback for them to correct the posture on their own.

But usually when I go to classes the instructor would rarely come around and check participants poses/posture.... I noticed in San Fran the instructors were more hands on - in fact participants must state if do not want to be adjusted by wearing special tag!

Ms Black

Reaction score
Can try “sunrise in the city”. A fitness initiative by government. Is free n there is yoga, pilates and a few fitness classes to attend. Just have to register!

anonymous001

Reaction score
Beginner Yoga Clothes

Hi guys, I'm a beginner Yogi and I wanna buy some good yoga activewear. Could you recommend some brands!

I don't really want something too expensive like lululemon but other brands such as Mango or Cotton on body seem expensive.

So far I'm looking at Kydra, Yumiactive or Vivre which are local brands. Can anyone give any comparisons or what I should be looking for? Many many THanks for any advice!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.