Wireless IP Camera thread

sgnimo

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the sineoji PT716V comes with the standard L shape bracket like the ones in PT713V ? Saw some pics of the PT716V mounted without the L shape bracket.

Can the 3m double sided tape heavy duty last especially on the surface like a false ceiling ?

vvaness40

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the sineoji PT716V comes with the standard L shape bracket like the ones in PT713V ? Saw some pics of the PT716V mounted without the L shape bracket.

Can the 3m double sided tape heavy duty last especially on the surface like a false ceiling ?

No it doesn't, but it comes with a little round knob with 2 screws to be attached to the wall so that the camera can be mounted. It take me a while to figure it out too.

Well, the 716v is kind of small if you compare with the PT528V. Video clarity is way sharper than the PT528V as the 528V is only HD720P. I didn't have the time to play with it but streaming live on my phone's data plan is really fast.

This weekend I will figure it out how I can mount it.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The PT716V also seems to have a wider FOV than the 528V even though specs put the same 120 degree. It's using a micro usb port for power so you can easily power it up with your powerbank or USB charger as long as it can supply 1.5A. I'm using my one of the ports in my Aukey 5 port 60w charger to power the camera. There's also lesser connections behind, you will lose the audio out and mic in port from the PT528V as well as the alarm ports.

truewt

Master Member
Reaction score
Just had Dean service for mounting of two of my PT713V and configuration of tinycam app for them.. Very fantastic service and very happy with results! Networking is really not a simple subject to learn or master.. Thankfully he was patient and helpful!

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Hi,
Can show side-by-side images to see how wider the FOV of 716V as compared to 528V?

The PT716V also seems to have a wider FOV than the 528V even though specs put the same 120 degree. It's using a micro usb port for power so you can easily power it up with your powerbank or USB charger as long as it can supply 1.5A. I'm using my one of the ports in my Aukey 5 port 60w charger to power the camera. There's also lesser connections behind, you will lose the audio out and mic in port from the PT528V as well as the alarm ports.

Dave27

Reaction score
Just had Dean service for mounting of two of my PT713V and configuration of tinycam app for them.. Very fantastic service and very happy with results! Networking is really not a simple subject to learn or master.. Thankfully he was patient and helpful!

The sineoji PT713V has the best view IMO due to super wide angle. Challenger still going at $165 ?

Dave27

Reaction score

A question, if the power bank is 2.1A, will it be too high for the Sineoji PT716V ? Seems that 1.5A is ideal.

earthlink

Reaction score
A question, if the power bank is 2.1A, will it be too high for the Sineoji PT716V ? Seems that 1.5A is ideal.

2A should be on the safe side, looking at the power rating of the adapter that comes with my sineoji PT528V. But I am not so sure if the power adapter are the same as the PT716V ?

Looking at the video, the sineoji PT716V viewing angle is rather wide, stretch from one end of the pond to the other.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can show side-by-side images to see how wider the FOV of 716V as compared to 528V?

Sorry i already moved the 528v to my grandma's house. Can't show a side by side image but previously i have to pan the camera to see the window of my house when it is placed in the middle of the living room.

With the 716v, I don't even have to pan anymore and it already covers almost all the angle I needed to see.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2A should be on the safe side, looking at the power rating of the adapter that comes with my sineoji PT528V. But I am not so sure if the power adapter are the same as the PT716V ?

Looking at the video, the sineoji PT716V viewing angle is rather wide, stretch from one end of the pond to the other.

The power adaptor of the 716v is rated 5v 1.5A same as the 528v. It doesn't matter if your power bank is rated 2.1A, that's just the max amps it is able to provide, the camera will just draw how much it needs which shld be 1.5A or lesser as you have to factor efficiency.

If your powerbank or usb adaptor can only supply 1A, then it may not be enough but most powerbanks these days are at least 2.1A.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
r8d8z7xl.jpg

Ok confirmed its drawing even much lesser. Less than 0.5A so any powerbank will work. In my test even when you pan, tilt the camera or speak to the microphone (to let sound come out from the built in speakers), it still draws around 0.2-0.3A at about 5v. I have not tried recording as I don't put sd card in mine but it should still be less than 1A.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I purchased 1 x DaFang, 1 x XiaoFang to play around with

Review for DAFANG IP CAMERA

PROS:
Rectangular Shaped IP Camera with PAN/TILT Feature.
Wide Angle viewing of 110. No WARPED or DISTORTED IMAGES
Can Use USB Flash Drive & MicroSD Card
Smooth response of camera
Easy to use drag to view PLAYBACK
Two way Audio which is clear
Motion Detection
Able to setup direct connection from mobile to phone if you are using it as a surveillance camera for a mobile kiosk environment
Low power usage, can use powerbank for mobile surveillance usage
Cheap and good Looking
NO NEED for Installations by Installers. Looks good on its own on cupboard and tables
Multi-screen viewing. More than 4 cameras in single screen it seems!

CONS:
Chinese Language Instruction when you setup (Non-Chinese Friends might struggle with setup, but get your neighbors to help!)
Initial usage, it downloads some plug-ins to your new devices (mobile)

SETUP TRICK:

I have an SG MI account using email, so I figured out that for the setup, you need to login first using your email with SG as location. This will then allow you to use email to login

After that, in the MiHOME, change location to CHINA, they will log you off, and you can now choose to login via email again in CHINA location.

Start the IP Camera setup process, and you will find your camera easily. Follow the instruction on screen and listen to the camera's instruction too. Its that simple.

My Verdict (DAFANG):

Extremely Cheap & Good PAN/TILT IP Camera, can get it at $32 b4 shipping at QOO10. The cameras looks good that I will place it on cupboard without need to get installers to install on the ceiling, its wide angle is good enough for all type of rooms, so you can forget about distorted fisheyed 180 lens

Color Presentation on camera is also very close to the true color of the objects. Night Vision is very clear and balanced distributed. If you noticed some 180 lens, their Night vision is not balanced, focus is central and the surrounding edges are dark

Now, what makes me happy is multi-camera viewing, I was able to view 2 cameras at the same time with each camera's audio playing seperately, pretty cool feature.

Viewing over mobile is smooth for me. Tried M1, starhub, MR, Circle, they even show you the streaming bit/rates

For XIAOFANG,

Unfortunately, the set I had is faulty, so returning it for a new one before trying more detail. XiaoFang viewing angle is same as DAFANG, less the PAN/TILT. And it cannot use USB Flash drive even if there is a port behind it.

XIAOFANG Price is around $25 b4 shipping. Can buy 4 of these and place around the house. Very cheap for wide angle viewing.

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, currently using Sineoji PT528V IP Camera, attached to a high ceiling. Recently the SSID of the wifi changed.

Any idea how to update the new SSID with the IP Camera without taking it down and reconfiguring / connecting ethernet cable?

Edit: Trying to reconfigure the IP Camera doesn't really work. Created a guest network with the identical SSID as the old network and I managed to access the IP Camera. Keyed in the new SSID and saved. Was not able to access the IP Camera again after that no matter what I did.

Had to hard reset and reconfigure.

Last edited:

Hot2002

Reaction score

Pt716v mounting kit is different from pt528v which is more versatile. It seems that pt716v mounting kit is for ceiling mount only ?

Hot2002

Reaction score
I messaged Dean on this his immediate reply was to head down to distributor to get the extension cable. Was informed not to get 3rd party type.

Anyone have any success using an extension (female/male head) or buying a 5v power adaptor off aliexpress or such?

Sorry, was away from the forum. I ended up using the extension cable that I brought together with my old vstarcam

Used 1x extension from aliexpress as well. All good

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pt716v mounting kit is different from pt528v which is more versatile. It seems that pt716v mounting kit is for ceiling mount only ?

I'm not sure, I never used the mounts provided before. It's always left untouched in the boxes.

goodwin

Reaction score
Hi guys, currently using Sineoji PT528V IP Camera, attached to a high ceiling. Recently the SSID of the wifi changed.

Any idea how to update the new SSID with the IP Camera without taking it down and reconfiguring / connecting ethernet cable?

Edit: Trying to reconfigure the IP Camera doesn't really work. Created a guest network with the identical SSID as the old network and I managed to access the IP Camera. Keyed in the new SSID and saved. Was not able to access the IP Camera again after that no matter what I did.

Had to hard reset and reconfigure.

You can follow this video to setup your Sineoji cams. Very intuitive

finalkian89

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been looking around and reading, trying figure out what camera best suit my needs. I need it mainly for general security purposes and monitoring my kids when I'm at work.

My requirements are as follows:
Easy to set up and install
Wide angle with clear images
Live viewing with Audio (to be viewed on phone)
Motion sensor/Able to set timers to record
Cloud storage preferred (free/non-subscription based), SD card optional
Reasonable price as I may set up 2-3 cameras.

Would really appreciate some assistance or recommendation as I'm quite a tech idiot.

vvaness40

Reaction score

Yes agree. The sineoji PT716V angle is much wider. :D

Taken from Sineoji YouTube channel

Last edited:

sgnimo

Reaction score
I ordered a Sineoji 714v online last week. Need an additional cam for my corridor walkway as there were some blind areas due to the walls in between. Dean mounted the cam on to the ceiling of the corridor, unlike the older models where it goes too the walls.

It looks good though on the ceiling. Great work but more work is involved, looking at Dean doing it.

Camera is fast as usual in connecting and streaming , similar to my Sineoji 498V and 528v. Kudos to Dean, great work and sorry about my dog kept barking :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.