[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi i looking for 1 monitor for PS4 and also PC usage. DO i need to look out for anything?
I'm running a Samsung monitor with display port for pc, hdmi for ps4. Pc speakers connected to monitor audio out 3.5mm port so sound is from whichever screen my monitor is displaying.

earthtk

Reaction score
Something to consider is vsync and g sync. PS4 uses one of it and nivida or amd uses one of it too.. so it depends on your PC configuration..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

xiaosen

Reaction score
Make sure got 2 hdmi ports on monitor. Best if got built in speakers. Alternative use bluetooth speakers with aux function. So both pc and ps4 will have sound.
OK thanks!
If PS4, get a 1080p monitor. If PS4pro a 4K monitor would be better.

I ran the PS4pro on a 1440p monitor and you can see it isn't as sharp as it should be. Recently added a 4k monitor and the difference is very noticeable.

As for inputs, one HDMI enough, assuming the PC can connect over Displayport.

As for audio, ensure monitor has some way to pass through the audio from HDMI. Mine has a 3.5mm output jack. But I also use audio out from the DualShock
Mine is ps4 only but I still can get 1440p right?
I'm running a Samsung monitor with display port for pc, hdmi for ps4. Pc speakers connected to monitor audio out 3.5mm port so sound is from whichever screen my monitor is displaying.
Noted with thanks!
Something to consider is vsync and g sync. PS4 uses one of it and nivida or amd uses one of it too.. so it depends on your PC configuration..

Nivida is vsync?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT

taker42

Master Member
Reaction score

G sync and free sync are for pc gaming only as it uses displayport. The ps4 v sync is just a normal feature and works with any monitor on hdmi. Not related at all.

auzzuro

Reaction score
I hv a 65 inch tv and was thinking of getting ps 4 instead of ps4 pro ... is there a big diff when playing gow

Last edited:

xiaosen

Reaction score
Monitor got 22 to 49 inches one.... so if you talking 500-700 we are looking at 24 to 27 inch range with different specs.

Yup looking at 27 inch prefer IPS panel.

Dell s2419H is a good standard 1080p 60hz monitor with dual hdmi inputs, built-in speakers and audio output. It also cost significantly less than your budget.

Thanks will take a look on this model! :)

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup looking at 27 inch prefer IPS panel.

Thanks will take a look on this model! :)

I using Samsung 27 inch curved monitor. Think is 27 590 something I think. White colour one. Apparently got 31.5 inch version also

mliolukiye

Reaction score
UPDATE: It suddenly worked by itself just minutes ago. It connects automatically. CLOSED.

Has anyone experienced inability to connect PS4 (not PRO) to internet?

I had just upgraded my plan to fibre broadband 1gbps Starhub. Every device at home (smartphones,PS3,3DS,laptop) worked except PS4. I tried switching on/off, unplugging, restarting router & PS4, manually set up connection with DNS pri 8.8.8.8 & sec 8.8.4.4 entered, found on internet. Nothing works.

PS4 is only 3m away from router and my PS3 is in another room 8m away but worked.

Argh.......thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Last edited:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: It suddenly worked by itself just minutes ago. It connects automatically. CLOSED.

Has anyone experienced inability to connect PS4 (not PRO) to internet?

I had just upgraded my plan to fibre broadband 1gbps Starhub. Every device at home (smartphones,PS3,3DS,laptop) worked except PS4. I tried switching on/off, unplugging, restarting router & PS4, manually set up connection with DNS pri 8.8.8.8 & sec 8.8.4.4 entered, found on internet. Nothing works.

PS4 is only 3m away from router and my PS3 is in another room 8m away but worked.

Argh.......thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Sometimes got issue where can’t sign in psn. Try to login via 4g network by tethering from phone. Then try again using your wifi network.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Is the 3 game bundle of horizon zero dawn, uncharted 4 thief and god of war 3 with 3mth PS+, worth buying at up to $69?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.