November 2017 SBF

semblady123

Reaction score
yes. The type of design which was chosen is done by previous owner who booked and gave up at the last min due to many reason. Actually at HDB hub they did display the tiles for living room and bedrooms. For my area, it's

Kitchen & Bathroom - ceramic tiles
Living/Dining floor : polished porcelain tiles with laminated PVC skirting
Bedrooms floor : resilient (vinyl) strip flooring with laminated PVC skirting

but since my previous owner chosen OK, which is Open Kitchen Concept without Flooring, I am appealing with the department for floor furnishing because the house will be only available after 2 years or more. :)

thanks for the info.. mine didn't mention OK.. just FF.. BUT...when I see floor plan.. for kitchen. half of it is dotted line.. half of it is continuous line.. does it make it a kitchen with partitioning wall?:s11:

semblady123

Reaction score
mine also came with floor finishes... i googled up and down to see what kind of finishes my BTO offered during their launch... different projects offer diff kind of floorings...whats I find funny bout mine is that they use porcelain for living room but they finish off with wooden timber skirtings...

Cool.. I will just try to google also... cant imagine how all these floors look like.. hehe porcelain sounds fragile:s22:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
thanks for the info.. mine didn't mention OK.. just FF.. BUT...when I see floor plan.. for kitchen. half of it is dotted line.. half of it is continuous line.. does it make it a kitchen with partitioning wall?:s11:

Did the officer tell you anything when u book your unit? My floor plan also dotted lines and officer told us it's open kitchen concept

FF - Kitchen with partition walls and floor funishing
OF - Open Kitchen Concept with floor funishing
OK - Open Kitchen Concept with no flooring.

Maybe you can give a call to HDB to double check with them cos once you provide your I/C no. to them, they will know all the details.

heybuddy

Reaction score
8-9k is very ex. I still remember I did flooring for my present house, laminate floor for hall and 3 bed rooms including hacking and screeding around 7k only. Which type of flooring did you chose?

I am planning to do vinyl flooring.. wow yours 7k with hacking and screeding :eek:

semblady123

Reaction score
Did the officer tell you anything when u book your unit? My floor plan also dotted lines and officer told us it's open kitchen concept

FF - Kitchen with partition walls and floor funishing
OF - Open Kitchen Concept with floor funishing
OK - Open Kitchen Concept with no flooring.

Maybe you can give a call to HDB to double check with them cos once you provide your I/C no. to them, they will know all the details.

yeah she said FF only she didn't even say what it means I came home to google.. lol.. yeah I think open kitchen also..better cos I wanted to put glass partitioning.. bedroom also gonna merge 2 with glass partititoning.. I love glass...but if cracks or breaks den :s22::s22::s22::s22:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
yeah she said FF only she didn't even say what it means I came home to google.. lol.. yeah I think open kitchen also..better cos I wanted to put glass partitioning.. bedroom also gonna merge 2 with glass partititoning.. I love glass...but if cracks or breaks den :s22::s22::s22::s22:

We like Open Kitchen Concept too cos we plan to built a tall cupboard and put the oven in the middle, the rest of the space will be free to join the living room so that we can put the dinning table which can also be converted to study area for the kids.

semblady123

Reaction score
We like Open Kitchen Concept too cos we plan to built a tall cupboard and put the oven in the middle, the rest of the space will be free to join the living room so that we can put the dinning table which can also be converted to study area for the kids.

wow sounds nice... :) lately im just seeing bto hdb renovation ideas online.. some are so nice... I like lots of glass inside house.. glass arch/divider..glass doors .. glass bla bla hehe..

My status changed to "We have received your SHG/AHG application".. normally if above 8.5k household income there is no grant is it? hmmm..

I seen some blogs online..some girls received their key collection within 1-2 months from grant application being submitted..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
wow sounds nice... :) lately im just seeing bto hdb renovation ideas online.. some are so nice... I like lots of glass inside house.. glass arch/divider..glass doors .. glass bla bla hehe..

My status changed to "We have received your SHG/AHG application".. normally if above 8.5k household income there is no grant is it? hmmm..

I seen some blogs online..some girls received their key collection within 1-2 months from grant application being submitted..

Found this website which has lots of renovation designs.

https://qanvast.com/sg/interior-design-singapore

Same status as yours, We have recieved your SHG/AHG application. I also wonder how soon they will let us know the outcome and amount. Yes, first timer above 8.5k will not have any grant.

semblady123

Reaction score

Same status as yours, We have recieved your SHG/AHG application. I also wonder how soon they will let us know the outcome and amount. Yes, first timer above 8.5k will not have any grant.

same.. I myself wanted to post that link just now cos I saw it just now.. and u posted it.. its soooooo nice..many ideas...oh above 8.5k not even first timer grant like 10k or anything? 0k? omg... but the calculation for 8.5k also they have their own method...cos for me latest months only above 8.5k and above..previous one is lesser.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
same.. I myself wanted to post that link just now cos I saw it just now.. and u posted it.. its soooooo nice..many ideas...oh above 8.5k not even first timer grant like 10k or anything? 0k? omg... but the calculation for 8.5k also they have their own method...cos for me latest months only above 8.5k and above..previous one is lesser.

By default for (FF) = your floor (HDB Tiles) is already installed with doors, toilet basin & bowl.

Overlaying Vinyl flooring for 8k for living+3bed room??? this is crazy ex.. even the best product which i've seen so far (Evorich) also cost 5k only.
A simple reno for 4room will cost you at least 20k. Reno loan currently lowest interest bank is CIMB, max reno loan is 30k.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Grant is meant for different application group. First timer, 2nd timer, First + 2nd timer, etc...... with different amount.

I think grant is 12 months salary (total household income) then divide by 12 months again to determine how much grant we can get.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/cpf-housing-grants-for-hdb-flats

Amex^1234

Reaction score

Heard alot of ppl saying quoting from Qanvast is much higher.. you may wanna compare ah..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
By default for (FF) = your floor (HDB Tiles) is already installed with doors, toilet basin & bowl.

Overlaying Vinyl flooring for 8k for living+3bed room??? this is crazy ex.. even the best product which i've seen so far (Evorich) also cost 5k only.
A simple reno for 4room will cost you at least 20k. Reno loan currently lowest interest bank is CIMB, max reno loan is 30k.

I saw an online quotation for 4 rooms flat using Vinyl around 4 - 4.4k, but not sure whether include living room or not.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Heard alot of ppl saying quoting from Qanvast is much higher.. you may wanna compare ah..

My friend is doing the designing for us. Using Qanvast as guidelines to look see the designs only. As I need to make loft bed for my girls to save space, still need to browse through more designs :s13::s13:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I saw an online quotation for 4 rooms flat using Vinyl around 4 - 4.4k, but not sure whether include living room or not.

4+k should be covered Living+walkway+3bed room. Do remember ask how long is their warranty. Frankly speaking.. if 4+k.. go take a look at "Evorich" cost about 5k.. lifetime warranty.. their product really very good.. you can feel the difference when u compare to others..

But 5k.. too pain for me.. my ID quoted me 3+k for vinyl.(25years warranty)

Erinlmh

Reaction score
4+k should be covered Living+walkway+3bed room. Do remember ask how long is their warranty. Frankly speaking.. if 4+k.. go take a look at "Evorich" cost about 5k.. lifetime warranty.. their product really very good.. you can feel the difference when u compare to others..

But 5k.. too pain for me.. my ID quoted me 3+k for vinyl.(25years warranty)
3K plus is a good price if I cannot get my flooring done by HDB. I have not discuss with my ID yet cos long long way to go. :s13:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
3K plus is a good price if I cannot get my flooring done by HDB. I have not discuss with my ID yet cos long long way to go. :s13:

LOL... maybe hor.. your friend told u 4k+ is with cement screeding. Because if no HDB tiles u need top up money for Cement Screeding to a certain height to par with your kitchen. Cement screeding usually cost 700-1k Cash... thats y if the HDB tiles not too ex for your option and since it is deduct via CPF.. go for it..

PRO with HDB Tiles - u save Cash on cement screeding, and the vinyl will be more straight because below is tiles already..not cement.

Con with HDB tiles - If the HDB tiles pop.. it will hurt your Vinyl. But then think of it.. if i got a vinyl layer on top.. how easy the tiles below will crack lehz..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
LOL... maybe hor.. your friend told u 4k+ is with cement screeding. Because if no HDB tiles u need top up money for Cement Screeding to a certain height to par with your kitchen. Cement screeding usually cost 700-1k Cash... thats y if the HDB tiles not too ex for your option and since it is deduct via CPF.. go for it..

PRO with HDB Tiles - u save Cash on cement screeding, and the vinyl will be more straight because below is tiles already..not cement.

Con with HDB tiles - If the HDB tiles pop.. it will hurt your Vinyl. But then think of it.. if i got a vinyl layer on top.. how easy the tiles below will crack lehz..

We are still waiting for the department to revert to us. Hopefully can get HDB flooring provided which is going to save us alot of money. The loft bed is already burning a hole in my pocket now.

Nur.Azie

Reaction score
Hi!!

Omg... Sorry for the late reply.

Thankyou2. Can't wait to collect keys. Hehehe!
Yours is male officer? Seems like abit strict hor. No harm trying right.

Mine already completed, Canberra. I wanted Sembawang with FF. But it got booked. Sad.... I didn't know flooring can be so costly.

Wahh.. So nice 2 years later. No rush for you. Just appeal. Go for it ya!!

Hi. Congrats to you too in getting your desire unit. We are only trying out luck in the appeal. The officer who served us yesterday kept saying no for an answer but still I wanna try. Ask him whether can buy the open space right in front of my unit, he said no. Ask whether can appeal or not, he said no. I will just try ba. Not sure whether can get or not.

May I ask when is the probably completion date for your house? Mine is 2 years later, have no done any flooring for the few block yet. So I wanna try to appeal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.