Earphone recommendation

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, what IEM pairs best with an iPhone X? Intend to use the lightning to 3.5mm adaptor.

Currently using the IE80 but eyeing 535 Red or W30 etc. Thanks guys :)

tskeng

Reaction score
What do you not like about your IE80 that made you want to upgrade? Or have a "side-grade"?

The 535 and W30 makes your budget around $500 to $700? (Have you tried them?)

with the lightning to 3.5mm cable, the OI is 1ohm or less. Can drive quite a few sweet sweet IEMs.

What are you looking for in terms of sound?

Last edited:

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
I like the IE80’s just fine. Just thought of trading them up for something newer.

Actually I looked at the new IE80S, AK Billie Jean, 535 red and some Westones.

I appreciate treble and a warmer sound. Not too clinical. Unfortunately I have not tried the W30’s but the 535’s was years back.

The 1MORE triple driver with built in DAC for lightning connector version did catch my attention though.

What do you not like about your IE80 that made you want to upgrade? Or have a "side-grade"?

The 535 and W30 makes your budget around $500 to $700? (Have you tried them?)

with the lightning to 3.5mm cable, the OI is 1ohm or less. Can drive quite a few sweet sweet IEMs.

What are you looking for in terms of sound?

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like the IE80’s just fine. Just thought of trading them up for something newer.

I appreciate treble and a warmer sound. Not too clinical. Unfortunately I have not tried the W30’s but the 535’s was years back.

The 1MORE triple driver with built in DAC for lightning connector version did catch my attention though.
Haven't tried the 1more sound but it's more convenient for you don't need to bring the dongle out haha, easy to misplace

Sent from My Pigu using GAGT

omelet

Reaction score

Best to go store try it out again to see if the Shure or Westone is really what you wanted. There is also a Shure lightning connector cable if you prefer a direct connection like that 1more.

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
Best to go store try it out again to see if the Shure or Westone is really what you wanted. There is also a Shure lightning connector cable if you prefer a direct connection like that 1more.

Absolutely didn’t know about this, thank you very much! :)

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
535 red don't sound as good as original leh

Sent from My Pigu using GAGT

waikiki

Reaction score
Does stereo have BJ for audition? Also an IE80 user myself. Lol.

Last edited:

waikiki

Reaction score
Not that I’m aware but Comnect IT and Zepellin does, do share your feedback here if you demo :)

I prefer the BJ actually over the IE80. Musically lyrical overall and vocal is a little more forward than IE80 without feeling bright. Also you can make out the treble is more controlled with a sense of definition than the IE80.

Last edited:

Pampers

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer the BJ actually over the IE80. Musically lyrical overall and vocal is a little more forward than IE80 without feeling bright. Also you can make out the treble is more controlled with a sense of definition than the IE80.

Will try them this weekend, thank you for sharing :)

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the it04.

N I bought it. I think it's very worth its price, n more

sgaceofspade@gmail.com

Reaction score
Sony Recommendations

Try Sony XB75AP EXTRA BASS™ In-Ear Headphones MDR-XB75AP

Or

Sudio Tre Sweat-Proof Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 In-Ear Earbuds Headphones

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.