The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, take some time go back and get it done? Online.. not sure if you gg get the real thing. Let the shop know that you still rmb them and support them haha..

I have moved to a location which is far off from where I made the glasses..

wiz

Reaction score
Yes that is my concern with online if they will be original..

It is not broken or requires replacement but thinking of changing to a different color :)

Ah, take some time go back and get it done? Online.. not sure if you gg get the real thing. Let the shop know that you still rmb them and support them haha..

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know which optical shop in sg sells Rayban clubmaster oversize? Consider is not very avaliable in the market these days?

Sent from Your Nightmare using GAGT

Hi Bus555,

What size are you looking for? I can ask RayBan agent for you, best if you can give me the colour code as well :)

wixxxx

Banned
Reaction score
51IY9IIXwCL._UX385_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/glasses-hipster-magnetic-polarized-sunglasses/dp/b00wckcvxa

Anyone knows where to get this frame locally? half rimmed with clip-on sunglasses. Not available on amazon anymore.

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi Bus555,

What size are you looking for? I can ask RayBan agent for you, best if you can give me the colour code as well :)
The model is RB4175. The colour code idk but the colour i want is matte black finish

Last edited:
Reaction score
The model is RB4175. The colour code idk but the colour i want is matte black finish

Hi Bus555,

There's stock at Rayban, but we'll need to order.
Delivery from Italy usually takes 1 month.
Warranty by local Rayban agent: 1 Year

Please let me know which colour you're looking for as prices differ across model & colour. :)

4175_877_76.png

877/76
MATT BLACK
FRONT COLOR FAMILY: black
LENSES PROPERTIES: polarized
LENSES COLOR: green gradient blue - polar

4175_877_m3.png

877/M3
MATT BLACK
LENSES COLOR: grey gradient dark grey - polar

4175_877.png

SHINY BLACK
LENSES PROPERTIES: standard
LENSES COLOR: crystal green

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi Bus555,

There's stock at Rayban, but we'll need to order.
Delivery from Italy usually takes 1 month.
Warranty by local Rayban agent: 1 Year

Please let me know which colour you're looking for as prices differ across model & colour. :)

4175_877_76.png

877/76
MATT BLACK
LENSES COLOR: green gradient blue - polar

4175_877_m3.png

877/M3
MATT BLACK
LENSES COLOR: grey gradient dark grey - polar

4175_877.png

SHINY BLACK
LENSES PROPERTIES: standard
LENSES COLOR: crystal green
Ok thx. Will dm u tonight for more info

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question.

How to prolong the coatings on the lenses and clean the specs in general?

As I sweat a lot, I tend to wash the specs by running them under warm water when I am bathing once I have come home. And I will dry them using a lint-free cloth. I do this once a day. Is this not recommended? How to clean the specs properly to prevent the hinges and nose pads from oxidation (those green stuff that builds up over time)?

Thanks in advance.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question.

How to prolong the coatings on the lenses and clean the specs in general?

As I sweat a lot, I tend to wash the specs by running them under warm water when I am bathing once I have come home. And I will dry them using a lint-free cloth. I do this once a day. Is this not recommended? How to clean the specs properly to prevent the hinges and nose pads from oxidation (those green stuff that builds up over time)?

Thanks in advance.

Whatever you are doing right now are all fine. Oxidation is inevitable as when you are washing the frame, the water will seep into the nosepad area with small gaps. Unless you unscrew the nosepad and all and dry them. I recommend whenever you want to service your frame, just go back to your optometrist/optician and let them do the servicing for you! They should be more than happy to see a familiar face coming back to them.

KeytoFreedom

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, was browsing at a spectacle shop... was quoted around 1.6K for a branded (e.g. essilor) progressive lenses - not including frame...vs a local brand lenses only around $500. Such a huge price gap - is it worthwhile to go for branded lenses i.e. is it really superior (e.g. wider angle of vision, smoother transition from short to long distance). Anyone has experience to share on this ? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello, was browsing at a spectacle shop... was quoted around 1.6K for a branded (e.g. essilor) progressive lenses - not including frame...vs a local brand lenses only around $500. Such a huge price gap - is it worthwhile to go for branded lenses i.e. is it really superior (e.g. wider angle of vision, smoother transition from short to long distance). Anyone has experience to share on this ? Thanks!

I believe you're referring to the X series. I wouldn't say its not good, but for that kind of quality (Wide Angle + smooth progression), its not value for money at all.

An equivalent quality would cost less than half that price. :)

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

Hi! Adding on to what Eyezoneopticalsg explained, May i also know also what is your degree(estimate) is at the moment? Sometimes apart from the quality of lens, your degree will actually affect the thickness of your glasses and thus usually you be quoted with something that cost more e.g. high index lenses. Regarding the Essilor progressive lenses, the reason why a 1.6k lens is quoted for you probably is due to the you either being quoted the highest tier lenses for the X-Series lenses which is the X-Clusive or perhaps your degree require you to use the higher index lens paired with the other tiers of the X-Series

Were you quoted for Transition and Prevencia too?(blue light filter), one more thing to add on is that for the X-series, should your power be within range, you might consider even using their basic tier which is the X-design which starts at about 700, the X-design is comfortable enough gathering from feedback. But of course you can still go for the slightly cheaper lenses but ultimately, it depends on the level of comfort you ask for and your degree.

X-series comes with 3 tiers 1st-Xclusive(only certain shops have that), Xtrack-2nd and of course the X-Design(3rd).

Hope this helps!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone know of lobang to make mirror coating and transition prescription glasses?

Hi! i dont think its possible to do mirror coating/tinted lens with transition as the lens already has been tinted. So its either Mirror coat/Tinted or transition.

Which will you prefer?

KeytoFreedom

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! Adding on to what Eyezoneopticalsg explained, May i also know also what is your degree(estimate) is at the moment? Sometimes apart from the quality of lens, your degree will actually affect the thickness of your glasses and thus usually you be quoted with something that cost more e.g. high index lenses. Regarding the Essilor progressive lenses, the reason why a 1.6k lens is quoted for you probably is due to the you either being quoted the highest tier lenses for the X-Series lenses which is the X-Clusive or perhaps your degree require you to use the higher index lens paired with the other tiers of the X-Series

Were you quoted for Transition and Prevencia too?(blue light filter), one more thing to add on is that for the X-series, should your power be within range, you might consider even using their basic tier which is the X-design which starts at about 700, the X-design is comfortable enough gathering from feedback. But of course you can still go for the slightly cheaper lenses but ultimately, it depends on the level of comfort you ask for and your degree.

X-series comes with 3 tiers 1st-Xclusive(only certain shops have that), Xtrack-2nd and of course the X-Design(3rd).

Hope this helps!

Yes is probably my high myopia. Hmm..the shop recommended blue light filter and very high index...i didn't take note which series of Essilor - was already giddy by the high price...that's why i came home and search the forum hoping for some advice :s22:

What are the features of the 3 tiers X series? Thanks!

KeytoFreedom

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe you're referring to the X series. I wouldn't say its not good, but for that kind of quality (Wide Angle + smooth progression), its not value for money at all.

An equivalent quality would cost less than half that price. :)

Would you recommend local / unbranded progressive lenses in the case of high myopia and pres-byopia? i have astig as well ....i.e. are local / unbranded lenses of good quality (Wide Angle + smooth progression) as you say?

Reaction score
Would you recommend local / unbranded progressive lenses in the case of high myopia and pres-byopia? i have astig as well ....i.e. are local / unbranded lenses of good quality (Wide Angle + smooth progression) as you say?

We would usually recommend progressives that have high quality, comfortable to wear & have very good value for money.

The progressive lenses we recommend are locally processed by Mvsion, using Japanese material(Tokai) + Spanish free form technology(IOT) or German Autotek.

Depending on your habits/lifestyle, these range of progressives can be customized according to your needs. :)

Last edited:

Rgyl11

Reaction score
Hi guys, an Oliver people’s spec caught my eye and was thinking if any of you have recommendation to get the best price for a pair of OP glasses? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.