Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

kelvinsin

Reaction score
Antenna: High gain antenna with amplifier 30dbi 5m usb and NMS ANT3-3AB
TV: Sony 47W804A with DTB2

Important note: As long as has usb power boost+putting at window can receive the signal from malaysia. Once left window all signal lost except singapore local channels.

petetherock

Reaction score
Anyone living in the west coast area that is able to get Malaysian channels?

twinman

Reaction score

Important note: As long as has usb power boost+putting at window can receive the signal from malaysia. Once left window all signal lost except singapore local channels.

Hi, Thanks for your post. Me at Yishun Ring Road too. I am using the same antenna NewMedia Solutions ANT3-3AB too. May i know do you use the TV auto tuning or manual tuning to get the Malaysia channels?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Same for me. Need to put at windows.

My location is also Yishun.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your post. Me at Yishun Ring Road too. I am using the same antenna NewMedia Solutions ANT3-3AB too. May i know do you use the TV auto tuning or manual tuning to get the Malaysia channels?
Better use manual scan. Set 2 required freq/channel, use signal strength n quality display 2 find best spot den scan. Need 2 move antenna around 2 find best spot n might need 2 hang antenna out of window 2 get it. Previously I use auto scan never get anything.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi all, just received my mailer from IMDA for DTV for a rather old tv. Should I opt for the free set-top box + antenna package with installation by IMDA or present the letter to get $100 off dtv equipment? Would like to try to get channels from Malaysia. If so, what's recommended? Thanks in advance!

Get the installation package, at least they will help you receive SG DTV channels first. Then u can play around with the manual tuning to try receive Malaysia ch 47.

This DTV ch47 is only available for people leaving up north as Batam is also transmitting on their analog SCTV on ch47

skthk21

Reaction score
Can ? I see can only scan for region Singapore.

Get the installation package, at least they will help you receive SG DTV channels first. Then u can play around with the manual tuning to try receive Malaysia ch 47.

This DTV ch47 is only available for people leaving up north as Batam is also transmitting on their analog SCTV on ch47

dexter9898

Reaction score

Why do you mean by scan Singapore region?? This region thing is for the set-top box to set it tuner, different countries got different frequency allocation and assignment.

SG, Malaysia & Indonesia are the same as they need to co-ordinate on the frequencies to eliminate interference. Ch 47 transmitting from Batam can not reach Johor, same goes for Ch 47 transmitting from Johor can not reach Batam.

If you live in Yishun, Woodlands or CCK area, can try to do a manual scan on Ch47. Your windows need to face North for good reception.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Can. Just scan will do. If location good, antenna placed in the good position, auto scan can also detect the MY channels + 4 MY radio stations :s12:

petetherock

Reaction score
Receiving foreign country channels is all about location location location.. live in the North? Don’t expect Indonesian channels. And vice versa for Malaysian channels if you live in the south.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I can receive all Malaysian digital tv channels, sometimes when weather isn't good or when F16 fly past, the reception will go haywire. Otherwise still watchable.
My area is in Jurong. Very low floor and blocked my trees and buildings.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I can receive all Malaysian digital tv channels, sometimes when weather isn't good or when F16 fly past, the reception will go haywire. Otherwise still watchable.
My area is in Jurong. Very low floor and blocked my trees and buildings.

What type of antenna you use ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.