Signed up for one credit card, but got 3 instead

radiancez567

Reaction score
Thought I'm signing for one but ended up receiving three.

When and how should I cancel the 2 unactivated Credit Cards so that my credit score is not affected?

Is there any penalty fee to cancelling?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The card will be automatically disabled if you don't activate it within XX days

You can call in and tell the CSO to cancel the other 2 cards which you did not apply for...

Companies have no right to charge you money for product and services which you didn't even ask for it. If they do, that's wrong.

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can call in and tell the CSO to cancel the other 2 cards which you did not apply for...

Companies have no right to charge you money for product and services which you didn't even ask for it. If they do, that's wrong.

auto disable if not activate? never heard of that

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
Thought I'm signing for one but ended up receiving three.

When and how should I cancel the 2 unactivated Credit Cards so that my credit score is not affected?

Is there any penalty fee to cancelling?

all 3 cards from same bank?

if it is then it doesnt affect ur credit score much. becos 1 card or 3 cards also reduced ur score.

unless it is from 3 different bank, then the credit score will take a bigger hit.

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score

i dont think card will be disable even if u didnt activate.

the bank will still bill u annual fee after 1 year.

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
auto disable if not activate? never heard of that

UOB sent me a card I didn't applied for (I'm holding another UOB card).

I didn't activate the new card and the new card never appeared on my cc statement.

znltan

Reaction score
i dont think card will be disable even if u didnt activate.

the bank will still bill u annual fee after 1 year.

True. Recommended to cancel immediately upon receipt of the other 2 cards which you did not make an application.

Sent from 瑞特斯波德 using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
firstly... when you activate a new card, it is a proof to the Bank that you received the card and you acknowledged it.

So, if you DO NOT activate a new credit card and you never even use it at all or a new credit card which you did not even signed up for and if the bank DO charge you for that, you can always Argue on the grounds of:
"I did not apply for this card... why are you charging me? What is this?"

or

"Why are you charging me for a product or service which i didn't even receive it? Hideous"

Last edited:

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
firstly... when you activate a new card, it is a proof to the Bank that you received the card and you acknowledged it.

So, if you DO NOT activate a new credit card and you never even use it at all or a new credit card which you did not even signed up for and if the bank DO charge you for that, you can always Argue on the grounds of:
"I did not apply for this card... why are you charging me? What is this?"

or

"Why are you charging me for a product or service which i didn't even receive it? Hideous"

the promoter help u to sign up more cards but he did not notify the bank that 2 are extra.

So bank presume u had sign up for 3.

so its best to cancel the card that u doesnt want to use.

save urself the trouble to call in for fee waiver 1 year later.

Last edited:

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Sounds like the promoter pushing cards to you for commission. You can call the bank to complain/reject. I won't accept cards I do not need. Who knows if those cards will have better sign-up offer in future?

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the promoter pushing cards to you for commission. You can call the bank to complain/reject. I won't accept cards I do not need. Who knows if those cards will have better sign-up offer in future?

Sounds to me like the same thing too, like if TS signed up hard copy with those promoters, then to meet their own target, they just "tick" the boxes for the other cards, so they make "3" sale instead of "1". TS should probably complain back to the bank, or even make police report since someone "forged" his application form.

berger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
report to bank no use, send email to MAS

the promoter is unethical enough to sign you up for more cards to get more commission

ORELLE

Master Member
Reaction score
report to bank no use, send email to MAS

the promoter is unethical enough to sign you up for more cards to get more commission

just call bank n cancel the extra card will do.

why need to email MAS, promoter is earning a living only.

berger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so much thing is so wrong in this world, do u think just a call to complain can solve everything?

whoever said anything about saving the world?

"aiya, never mind la, one card only, so let me just meddle with my customer's signed forms". its precisely because of "kind" people like you that lets these people get away with such things.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.