[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC5300

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xonix,

Yep thats what I did, I hold the WPS first before I switch it on again. Waited and waited but no LEDs at all...

Not sure if the firmware caused a corruption to the entire GUI....

My colleague who's using same router as you... but he's not running AiMesh.

ek4zgl.png
[/IMG]

LexenZ

Reaction score
My colleague who's using same router as you... but he's not running AiMesh.

ek4zgl.png
[/IMG]

Seems like I was the unlucky one to have a corrupted GUI after the firmware update. I guess I have to send it for replacement :(

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
i am currently having the update loop. is there any way to solve it? cannot seem to reboot as well. must i do the hard reset?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am currently having the update loop. is there any way to solve it? cannot seem to reboot as well. must i do the hard reset?

What's the firmware version ?
The update loop issue should be have been resolved a few firmware updates ago.

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20308

Bug fix
- Fixed GUI error on firmware update page.
The progress bar may always appear on firmware upgrade page after installed 3.0.0.4.384.20287.
If your router had this issue, you can manually reboot the router to solve this issue and enter the firmware upgrade page to install the latest firmware. Riden of NCC Group)

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: c242418ed2e86f43f8f43ac89b9817ec

LexenZ

Reaction score
Seems like I was the unlucky one to have a corrupted GUI after the firmware update. I guess I have to send it for replacement :(

I sent the unit back to Avertek on 4th May 2018, they were confused on why the firmware broke the hardware inside lol.

Nevertheless their version of the latest firmware has no issues with missing aimesh logo for the BNIB replacement unit I was given.

PS: I highlighted that their latest firmware was a immediate download (instead of waiting for a few seconds which was odd). Not sure if it was a bug or something...

pool7979

Reaction score
Hi guys,need some kind advice here. I just shifted house and had dismantled the antennas previously for transportation. Fixed back the router but realised that the signal is super weak. My old ac87 have better range..

Is this due to the antennas? I heard that the ac5300 have antenna for 5ghz, 2.4ghz etc. However there isn't any indicator on the antennas. Are the 8 antennas the same? I suspect it maybe due to wrong matching of the antenna installed.

Thanks for ur help!

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,need some kind advice here. I just shifted house and had dismantled the antennas previously for transportation. Fixed back the router but realised that the signal is super weak. My old ac87 have better range..

Is this due to the antennas? I heard that the ac5300 have antenna for 5ghz, 2.4ghz etc. However there isn't any indicator on the antennas. Are the 8 antennas the same? I suspect it maybe due to wrong matching of the antenna installed.

Thanks for ur help!

The antennas are all the same. Any of the golden antenna connector loose ?

Also, if new house layout is different, it might be affecting Wi-Fi signal in different (negative) way.

pool7979

Reaction score
Oh, Doesn't seem to be loose. But some of my plastic screw cap at the thread there are cracked. Think maybe last time over tighten. But I did try to use finger to screw tight. Is this fine?

So the antenna are actually the same... I thought will be different.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, Doesn't seem to be loose. But some of my plastic screw cap at the thread there are cracked. Think maybe last time over tighten. But I did try to use finger to screw tight. Is this fine?

So the antenna are actually the same... I thought will be different.

Should not be an issue unless the antenna is so loose till it can't make contact with the golden connector. It might be due to the new house different layout causing signal blockages.

pool7979

Reaction score
I see. So there is no specific way to screw on that antennas yeah? Antenna unlikely spoilt one hor?

Thanks guys for advising!

dreadwingsg

Reaction score
Hi everyone... planning to get this Asus 5300 router... do you guys think its suitable for hdb maisonette? Worried that the second level wifi reception might be weak.

Plan to sign up for M1 500mps fibre broadband plan.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone... planning to get this Asus 5300 router... do you guys think its suitable for hdb maisonette? Worried that the second level wifi reception might be weak.

Plan to sign up for M1 500mps fibre broadband plan.

If you’re already considering ac5300. I strongly recommend you consider the ax88u instead. Or the ac86u, at most, get 2x ac86u to form aimesh to cover your place.

acme

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone manage to get rt-ac5300 as a router behind singtel ONR? Singtel did a new installation and provide me with ONR, if i set to AP i cant use my VPN :(

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone manage to get rt-ac5300 as a router behind singtel ONR? Singtel did a new installation and provide me with ONR, if i set to AP i cant use my VPN :(

cannot if you're using ONR

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.