Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can use SUICA on both JR & private railways
as long as you see the IC logo, just tap & go

Ok thanks. Just did a wiki search on JR east, seems like those stations shown in the map are considered under JR and can use suica.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Just did a wiki search on JR east, seems like those stations shown in the map are considered under JR and can use suica.

The stations in your map are not ALL under JR. It's a mix of JR and private railways, both which suica can be used on.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The stations in your map are not ALL under JR. It's a mix of JR and private railways, both which suica can be used on.

That is good to know. Funny that most blogs i read didnt exactly say that Suica can be used for both rails. They just keep saying its for JR rails yet show this whole map, damn confusing.

luvenergy

Reaction score
hi all..

i planing to travel to kansai n tokyo(only for disneyland) in end april or early may with 2 adults 2 kids...is 11 days enough?most likely will buy multi city ticket.will base in Osaka n do day trips to Kyoto,kobe.likely arrive at osaka, depart from tokyo. last 2 days at tokyo disneyland.

how many days to allocate for th following places
-hiroshima & miyajima
-osaka
-kyoto
-kobe
-or any other suggestions?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all..

i planing to travel to kansai n tokyo(only for disneyland) in end april or early may with 2 adults 2 kids...is 11 days enough?most likely will buy multi city ticket.will base in Osaka n do day trips to Kyoto,kobe.likely arrive at osaka, depart from tokyo. last 2 days at tokyo disneyland.

how many days to allocate for th following places
-hiroshima & miyajima
-osaka
-kyoto
-kobe
-or any other suggestions?

very subjective, coz it depends on personal preferences on wat u like to see and do. maybe something like this:
-hiroshima & miyajima (2)
-osaka (2)
-kyoto (3)
-kobe (1)

luvenergy

Reaction score
very subjective, coz it depends on personal preferences on wat u like to see and do. maybe something like this:
-hiroshima & miyajima (2)
-osaka (2)
-kyoto (3)
-kobe (1)

more interested to see mostly scenic,cultural places. since i will be visiting disneyland,is universal studio a must visit?
should i get th 7 days jr pass?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more interested to see mostly scenic,cultural places. since i will be visiting disneyland,is universal studio a must visit?
should i get th 7 days jr pass?

7 day jr pass not necessary for the places u are going.
just get the JR kansai hiroshima pass if u going hiroshima.

USJ has more thrill rides, disneyland more kiddy.
and as mentioned by thwysg, it might be better to avoid golden week in japan coz domestic tourist will be everywhere. will be difficult to get hotels and train tickets, and theme parks will be su[er crowded.

the week just after golden week is actually off-peak for theme parks. shld be able to get discounted rates for those disney partner hotels

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score
That is good to know. Funny that most blogs i read didnt exactly say that Suica can be used for both rails. They just keep saying its for JR rails yet show this whole map, damn confusing.

You can even recharge Suica card using Pasmo machines if there is no Suica machine or Suica machine has long queues. Look out for the relevant signage or icon/logo. Vice versa...

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can even recharge Suica card using Pasmo machines if there is no Suica machine or Suica machine has long queues. Look out for the relevant signage or icon/logo. Vice versa...

Thats good to know. I may consider putting in 2000-3000 yen for 7 days of usage at start to reduce top up.

BlueBulb

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hokay guys. thx for the advice :o
I couldnt find the GO Japan book in Kino.. so i settle for Rurubu travel guide book - Kyushu instead.. quite informative..

I have managed to done all the bookings on hotels/ryokan.
4 nights Kumamoto, 2 nights Yufuin, 5 nights Fukuoka.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hokay guys. thx for the advice :o
I couldnt find the GO Japan book in Kino.. so i settle for Rurubu travel guide book - Kyushu instead.. quite informative..

I have managed to done all the bookings on hotels/ryokan.
4 nights Kumamoto, 2 nights Yufuin, 5 nights Fukuoka.

the go japan is the free magazine that is at the pillar directly facing the escalate to basement of liang court

xiaostar01

Reaction score
I’m trying to book domestic tickets from CTS to KIX on Peach for my november trip but I realized they only sell tickets till 27 October. Notice that this is also the case for a couple of other airlines. Anyone has any idea when they will release the tickets past 27 October? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.