Ordeal just to terminate Starhub Homehub 1000

teoth76

Reaction score
Was told Fibre TV termination cannot be done on my own, needs to make appt, 8 days in advance and only Mon to friday 10 am to 6 pm.

After 3 calls to 1633, 8 messages on starhub community ( several replies of “ relevant dept informed” yr case is eacalated) over 2 weeks and still nothing.

Consider this when signing up with Starhub plans with fibre TV

isadavmat

Reaction score
Need to go down personally to the Starhub branches either Plaza Singapura or Vivocity, if I am not wrong to do it. Cannot do it at any other places. I learnt it the hard way too.

teoth76

Reaction score
FIber TV service needs to be terminated physically. i only got an answer as to why after numerous starhub community posts and calls to 1633. Apparently there is a need to reset the fiber connection port ( whether thats BS or not I dunno). Its infuriating their CSO on the community forum refused to answer my query why i cant just bring down the boxes and cables to terminate, like what most people assume.

Called again and demanded an appt to terminate and not wait until someone calls me. Finally they relented but I Nearly flipped when they said $50 transport charge, i demanded it to be waived cos i was never informed, they “agreed to waive”

ww2039

Reaction score
Was charged $30 more after my home hub 1000 contract expired. Called 1633 and request to terminate starhub tv and recontract 1 Gb fibre broadband but only got a return call for termination of starhub tv. Starhub will send someone to pickup the set up box. Was told there will be $30 charges if want to terminate starhub fibre broadband.

teoth76

Reaction score
Starhub disconnection ripoff

When i called customer service to argue why I can't just disconnect and bring down the items, they said their technicians need to "do something to the Fiber TV connection". The starhub trooper came and just said " only need to collect the boxes, cables and powerplugs". Basically there was no "technical" things they needed to do.

So its an exercise to charge $30 disconnection + $50 "transport fee" (which I demanded it to be waived)!

Subscribers beware!

Was told Fibre TV termination cannot be done on my own, needs to make appt, 8 days in advance and only Mon to friday 10 am to 6 pm.

After 3 calls to 1633, 8 messages on starhub community ( several replies of “ relevant dept informed” yr case is eacalated) over 2 weeks and still nothing.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
When i called customer service to argue why I can't just disconnect and bring down the items, they said their technicians need to "do something to the Fiber TV connection". The starhub trooper came and just said " only need to collect the boxes, cables and powerplugs". Basically there was no "technical" things they needed to do.

So its an exercise to charge $30 disconnection + $50 "transport fee" (which I demanded it to be waived)!

Subscribers beware!

I think Starhub should waive this off especially when Hub Trooper came down and said only need to collect the boxes, cables and ac adapters.

This would be the same when I terminate my VQ to switch back to Starhub (Homehub plan) where I simply need to disconnect the VQ provided Starlink Modem. Bring the Modem, the AC Adapter and the provided Fibre Cable (I actually pass VQ the brand new set since it would be a hassle to pull out the existing fibre cable from the wall feature). No termination cost as I had done the upfront payment when I signed up with VQ 5 years back.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score

Why do you want to terminate Starhub Fiber TV though? Moving house? Switching to Singtel Mio TV?

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to terminate Starhub Fiber TV though? Moving house? Switching to Singtel Mio TV?

TS is terminating all services as in Fibre broadband and IPTV.

TS issue was that want to bring the equipment to shop but was told that it can be done only by appointment for technician to do "something".
On top of these there are additional charges added to this service on collection.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
TS is terminating all services as in Fibre broadband and IPTV.

TS issue was that want to bring the equipment to shop but was told that it can be done only by appointment for technician to do "something".
On top of these there are additional charges added to this service on collection.

Yes I understand. By terminating all services from Starhub, does this mean migration to Singtel, M1, VQ, etc? Unless TS no longer need Internet at home?

teoth76

Reaction score
I decided I don’t really watch much Fiber TV so wanted to terminate. Went for Singtel instead Cos their fiber BB comes with VOIP and 500Mb mobile while StarHub fiber now has none of both. Had $10 /mth discount during the last IT show for switching over from SH.

Yes I understand. By terminating all services from Starhub, does this mean migration to Singtel, M1, VQ, etc? Unless TS no longer need Internet at home?

feralslash

Reaction score

how is your question relevant to the discussion? lol. im sure TS has his reasons for wanting to terminate. And we know that the other telcos do not charge 'disconnection fees' when we want to terminate their service at the end of the contract period. It is obviously a money grab by Starhub. Even their technicians admit! They just collect the box and do nothing else!!!!!

teoth76

Reaction score
Haha thanks, maybe his question wasn’t crafted properly.

Yes it’s ridiculous and time waster for someone like myself who stay in my own to make time during the weekday hours as well for this “technical” disconnection...
how is your question relevant to the discussion? lol. im sure TS has his reasons for wanting to terminate. And we know that the other telcos do not charge 'disconnection fees' when we want to terminate their service at the end of the contract period. It is obviously a money grab by Starhub. Even their technicians admit! They just collect the box and do nothing else!!!!!

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score

I am just curious. TS answered anyway.

Check VQ? Provided you paid upfront like me when I first signed up with them some 5+ years ago. VQ now did not charge any sign-up fee but upon termination, the subscribers would need to pay termination fees beside bringing down the 3 items to either their Bukit Timah HQ or Suntec outlet.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
I decided I don’t really watch much Fiber TV so wanted to terminate. Went for Singtel instead Cos their fiber BB comes with VOIP and 500Mb mobile while StarHub fiber now has none of both. Had $10 /mth discount during the last IT show for switching over from SH.

I have a 1GB Moble Data SIM that comes with my Homehub 1000. Also the standard Hubbers discounts.

Overall, I am not promoting Starhub either. I got no choice to stick with Starhub (unless I use those IPTV Android Box and subcribed to IPTV apk) as my mum still loves to watch HK and Korean dramas.

I have been with Starhub for the last 15 years or so minus the 5 years when I first moved to AMK that I switch to try VQ Fiber. Now back to Starhub Fiber.

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am just curious. TS answered anyway.

Check VQ? Provided you paid upfront like me when I first signed up with them some 5+ years ago. VQ now did not charge any sign-up fee but upon termination, the subscribers would need to pay termination fees beside bringing down the 3 items to either their Bukit Timah HQ or Suntec outlet.

It is due to curious that cause TS so much problem.

TS did went to Starhub forum to check on how to terminate the services and return the equipment.
But encountered various answers and TS was puzzle.
I did told TS to just return all the equipment to their shop, period.
But the Starhub forum staff advice TS to wait for them to go and collect with fees.
Hence i had nothing more to comment and so TS followed forum staff advice.

I was also puzzled why need their staff to collect the equipment as there is no other necessary "things" to do.
As termination in current technology do not required physical disconnection at location.
I did returned the equipment when i terminated some services as in cable tv and fibre broadband (extra) without issue at their shops.

If and should TS just return the equipment directly to their shop, what could be possible required for their technician to come to disconnect or dismantled.
For this i was also surprised hence to see what the technician do when going to TS place to "do something".
TS post on how the technician said... i was really surprised and disappointed at the way this was done.

teoth76

Reaction score
Looks like the ordeal has not ended! just received the last starhub bill

1) i was on e billing but my account was terminated so couldnt view. had to call their billing services, thye had to revert to hardcopy bill
2) Thye charged me early termination charge despite saying my contract ends on 1st July and i terminated on the 2nd
3) they waived the $50 transport charge but slapped on a “cabletv transport” charge?!

going to majorly complain!

be warned again if u want to switch or sign up for starhub!

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like the ordeal has not ended! just received the last starhub bill

1) i was on e billing but my account was terminated so couldnt view. had to call their billing services, thye had to revert to hardcopy bill
2) Thye charged me early termination charge despite saying my contract ends on 1st July and i terminated on the 2nd
3) they waived the $50 transport charge but slapped on a “cabletv transport” charge?!

going to majorly complain!

be warned again if u want to switch or sign up for starhub!

1) Usually when one have no services with Starhub the Account page will be empty.

2) Guess that is Fibre Disconnection Fees $32.10 said to be for NetLink Trust.

3) LOL the $50 transport charge and "cabletv transport" are most likely the same type of charge.
Since they only did 1 time to your location then they cannot charge you double, as for fibre and tv separately.
Anyway they removed the TV Charges website as it may conflict with Broadband Charges website, as like in your case... double charged.

In the first place you did not asked them to come over to do the disconnection &or dismantled... or rather merely remove the equipment.
And they who insisted to do it without any other offering or informing you on the total costs involved.
No wonder they had to removed the TV charges webpage.

The best option is to inform and write to HQ CS Division via email customerservice@starhub.com
I usually get my "issues & problems" resolved as may not related to current CS which may be from After-Sales.
Although they may communicate with the dept but this customerservice staff report direct to HQ (CS) Head.
The customerservice staff will communicate with you directly to find out the full extend of the issues.
Provide your details of the current issues and your direct contact & email for them to chat with you personally.
The customerservice staff are friendly and understandable person as i had encountered several of the them.

Your decision.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.