[Official] World Cup 2018 Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I think that’s where the hate stems from. Because being in EPL and all but they have been perennial underperformers to the point I think even the British press has lowered its expectations.

To be fair though this was largely directe at the previous generation Of big name stars who couldn’t really get results. This batch looks more eager and might go far. Have to see their match against Colombia to know how they really face up.
I know.
The england team is probably the only country that most pple knows the entire squad name.

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
england has not won a knock out game before, so don't expect too much

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
england has not won a knock out game before, so don't expect too much
This WC siao siao wan
Italy, Holland din qualify
Germany out in first round
Spain, Portugal, Argentina out already
Who could have predicted

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wasted, if only Japan could qualify for their historic quarter final

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This WC siao siao wan
Italy, Holland din qualify
Germany out in first round
Spain, Portugal, Argentina out already
Who could have predicted

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT
Brazil still there. I feel they are the underdogs this tournament with everyone else focusing elsewhere.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brazil will nvr be underdogs wan la
Everyone expect then to win

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT
Not in the traditional sense of the word la but you get what I mean.

They have been quietly getting results. Nothing spectacular from them thus far, but everything's been favourable.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not in the traditional sense of the word la but you get what I mean.

They have been quietly getting results. Nothing spectacular from them thus far, but everything's been favourable.
Their first big test coming up.

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

foolosophy

Reaction score
Just feel that England is not rock solid and tend to under perform under pressure or when they are on the cusp of qualifying for quarters or semis..

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I maintain that if Golden Generation England can't win anything, this current crop of players won't do any better. Over reliance on Kane.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My office got a few colleagues keep telling me everyday that england will win the world cup n keep praising the team

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My office got a few colleagues keep telling me everyday that england will win the world cup n keep praising the team
messi lingard will save the day
Owen fresh off the Ballon d'Or.

In midfield you have Stevie and Lamps. Beckham on the right. Scholes. ******* Scholes.

Possibly best left back in the world at that time in A.Cole. Ferdinand and Terry. Neville.

And they won zilch.

Last edited:

SniperMarksman

Reaction score

In midfield you have Stevie and Lamps. Beckham on the right. Scholes. ******* Scholes.

Possibly best left back in the world at that time in A.Cole. Ferdinand and Terry. Neville.

And that time won zilch.

This time round the benefit is that there’s no high expectation on them. I don’t think they will win the World Cup though but they may get through to quarters max

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No wonder so many people hate Neymar. His antics and acting does add to that. Talented yes, but really disgusting. Next oscar or emmy's award, can nominate him liao.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

And they won zilch.

that time opponent was much stronger..

overman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

And they won zilch.
After owen won the ballon d'or he go madrid and his decline start liao

Scholes played out of position and retired early. Lampard gerrard cannot play together

Ferdinand terry buay song each other

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think that’s where the hate stems from. Because being in EPL and all but they have been perennial underperformers to the point I think even the British press has lowered its expectations.

To be fair though this was largely directe at the previous generation Of big name stars who couldn’t really get results. This batch looks more eager and might go far. Have to see their match against Colombia to know how they really face up.
#itscominghome is everywhere in English media leh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.