Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

khunjuno

Reaction score
An update.. now I’m at Woodlands East NPC to make my report, really wonder if this will work out in the end.

Also did some maths,

Of the 6 ah long I borrow from, I have actually paid more than what I owe for 3 of them.

The remaining 3, cleared more than half of what I owe.

Just in case anyone interested to know, not that I think it really matters to them how much I’ve paid.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
An update.. now I’m at Woodlands East NPC to make my report, really wonder if this will work out in the end.

Also did some maths,

Of the 6 ah long I borrow from, I have actually paid more than what I owe for 3 of them.

The remaining 3, cleared more than half of what I owe.

Just in case anyone interested to know, not that I think it really matters to them how much I’ve paid.

It really depend how they wana suck u..some will be relentless some will.kove on to next victims.yr ah long is scammer type or the legit ah long

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
no wonder when i block his number, he start to bark like a dog and even threaten to burn down my flat and splash paint etc..
send email to my company to make me famous.
shout and shout and claim, this is my main line. you block my number..
Ya la they threaten to burn my whole block.i **** them say u tell that to my mp.shamugen la..see he come down hard on those commando ant

khunjuno

Reaction score
It really depend how they wana suck u..some will be relentless some will.kove on to next victims.yr ah long is scammer type or the legit ah long

I can’t tell the difference. One of them forced transferred me $350 out of the blue saying I applied with one of their other agent. Demanded $550 in 5 days.

The other 5 I responded to their WhatsApp messages.

Of the 6 ah longs I dealing with, 2 of them offer loan repayment over 3 weeks (each week one payment or defer, even then usually defer). The other 4 all weekly loan that either defer or give some excuse no account, worker sick, never update system etc

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At first is like this.
you be prepare, when they send you account number. die die want you to return back on time. for eg. if they send you account number around 6.50 or 6.55pm, they will say must tt back at 7pm. then if you late, he will claim ,'' my boss say you late and must pay penalty.'' once you see this. ignore and go and make police report. block the number and ignore. dont read.

change your facebook to privacy. if can install the cctv.
if they say want to go ur work place or do harrassement at your flat. ingore.
tell them to come and do it. hdb got cctv.

How they can find our Facebook ? By handphone number can?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
I can’t tell the difference. One of them forced transferred me $350 out of the blue saying I applied with one of their other agent. Demanded $550 in 5 days.

The other 5 I responded to their WhatsApp messages.

Of the 6 ah longs I dealing with, 2 of them offer loan repayment over 3 weeks (each week one payment or defer, even then usually defer). The other 4 all weekly loan that either defer or give some excuse no account, worker sick, never update system etc
This type u just change hp Mia bah..they out to suck yr money where gt worker sick or what

proddy

Reaction score
basic CSI skills everyone has.

just google search your IC name, photo match = target lock in!
if cant find, have to go to house liao.

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
When I talk to him he still say ok will let me know the amount to clear once and for all no trouble after that. Now like MIA liao.

Don’t believe them. They’ll come up with some stupid reason why it’s not cleared. The reason they gave me is that my transfer closed their account.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys can I ask if it’s possible to close a bank savings account and open again a new one with the same bank?
Will the bank feel suspicious and ask ?

Ghie0908

Reaction score
My Facebook I put no one can search for me . Like this can right?

Better to temporarily deactivate it. Sometimes if you put no one can search for you, there are times your FB profile still appear. Better deactivate it for sure.

khunjuno

Reaction score
Finally almost done here at the NPC (4 hours+)!!!

Police officers were helpful and non judgemental, spoke with the IO as well who gave me some options on how to proceed forward.

Ghie0908

Reaction score
Guys can I ask if it’s possible to close a bank savings account and open again a new one with the same bank?
Will the bank feel suspicious and ask ?

I did the same and they just ask why and I said my account has been compromised. I was able to change my account number. POSB will require you to open a new one online first before they close your old account.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.