HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you tmkedmw.

In that case I can register 1 in July and the other to start in Aug...

BTW, both accounts have joint names. Thanks again

hmm ... think that would be deemed concurrent as well given under same promo period ? :s11:

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
Most probably your account number will only be ready the following day, so you would not be able to FAST on the spot. Best to bring a cheque so you can get the voucher on the spot.

What are the alternatives if I don't bring a cheque?

Would they send me the vouchers in a future date or do I need to go down to the branch to collect it after I fulfil the 200K fresh fund deposit after the account is set up?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Would they send me the vouchers in a future date or do I need to go down to the branch to collect it after I fulfil the 200K fresh fund deposit after the account is set up?

Staff need to verify you have topped up before issuing the vouchers and this is done during roadshow period.

I dont think they will send vouchers to you and not sure if they would keep it for self-collection after roadshow date either. But you shld ask when you are there opening account.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kena $50 fall below fee today 4 Jul 2018 for a new joint account.

New account was supposedly opened on 1 Jun, but HSBC IB did not show my new account number until 6 Jun (I had to call in 2 times to make it happen). Fully funded on 7 Jun .. still kena hit bcos ADB counted from 1 Jun. Called to ask for waiver.

if u need to fund new account urgently, HSBC expects you to call & ask what the new account number is over the phone and make the transfer ... even when you dont see the new account number in your internet banking (really bad advice)

beautyseek

Reaction score
so ppl fast in 200k, next moment just fast out the fund?

still get the voucher?

any recall?

Cannot work. TnCs state withdrawals within 30 days prior to roadshow will be counted. Must be incremental increase of 100k or 200k for respective vouchers.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
kena $50 fall below fee today 4 Jul 2018 for a new joint account.

New account was supposedly opened on 1 Jun, but HSBC IB did not show my new account number until 6 Jun (I had to call in 2 times to make it happen). Fully funded on 7 Jun .. still kena hit bcos ADB counted from 1 Jun. Called to ask for waiver.

if u need to fund new account urgently, HSBC expects you to call & ask what the new account number is over the phone and make the transfer ... even when you dont see the new account number in your internet banking (really bad advice)

I purposely FAST in $0.01 today morning around 9am to see when it will get deducted but my $0.01 still have not get deducted. Do you know what time they deducted yours? Need to know when is safe period to enrol the step up again..

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I purposely FAST in $0.01 today morning around 9am to see when it will get deducted but my $0.01 still have not get deducted. Do you know what time they deducted yours? Need to know when is safe period to enrol the step up again..

SMS for deduction received around 8am

I have encountered before, for small balance, deduction may not happen.

The lowest amount deducted before was $0.70.

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
Staff need to verify you have topped up before issuing the vouchers and this is done during roadshow period.

I dont think they will send vouchers to you and not sure if they would keep it for self-collection after roadshow date either. But you shld ask when you are there opening account.

I see. So it seems like cheque is the only way to get the vouchers.

But if it's a total new account signed up, as mentioned by someone it takes a couple of days for the account with the acct number to be created right. How am I gonna deposit the cheque without my new account number? Am I missing something here?

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you tmkedmw.

In that case I can register 1 in July and the other to start in Aug...

BTW, both accounts have joint names. Thanks again

No. concurrent doesn't mean different starting months. As promo spans 3 months, at any one month, u can't be in 2 promos, 1 for premier and 1 for advanced.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Voucher during roadshow is given to u only when u do one of the following:

1. present a cheque or cashiers order.
2. FAST in the money.
3. Deposit $200k cold cash

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so ppl fast in 200k, next moment just fast out the fund?

still get the voucher?

any recall?

Nope. physical presence at the branch is needed to get the voucher. hsbc will make u sign a form to keep the $200k for 90 days, failing which, they reserve the right to claw back the "gift".

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The debit card spent need to be across all 3 mths ? Is this new ?

Historically, each of the 3 months is independent as far as debit spend is concerned... meaning u can qualify for Jul, doesn't qualify in Aug, qualify again in Sep... and u will still receive debit spend bonus for Jul and Sep.

Did not see anything in the new tnc for July promo to suggest otherwise.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My hypothesis that was posted some months back is this :

hsbc actually deducts fall below fee on the 3rd of the month, but late at night.
hsbc ibanking will however show the deduction as being posted on the 4th. That would explain what you are observing.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... for me, many many months back, a paltry $0.01 also kena makan by fall below fee deduction.

SMS for deduction received around 8am

I have encountered before, for small balance, deduction may not happen.

The lowest amount deducted before was $0.70.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. So it seems like cheque is the only way to get the vouchers.

But if it's a total new account signed up, as mentioned by someone it takes a couple of days for the account with the acct number to be created right. How am I gonna deposit the cheque without my new account number? Am I missing something here?

u give hsbc the cheque when the officer is helping u to open the account.

He/she will then bank in the cheque for u when account is created after the backend had done their background checks and processing.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Historically, each of the 3 months is independent as far as debit spend is concerned... meaning u can qualify for Jul, doesn't qualify in Aug, qualify again in Sep... and u will still receive debit spend bonus for Jul and Sep.

Did not see anything in the new tnc for July promo to suggest otherwise.

Thanks tmkedmw.

From the link given for the roadshow :
http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/savings?pid=SGH:je:OF:SA:HOM:1806:004:Casa_Q3

I click on more details under spend and saw this :

Subject to a maximum additional bonus interest payable on the first S$100,000 in top-up amount(s) with a minimum spend of S$800 on your HSBC Debit Card across all 3 Relevant Months.

Or maybe I read too much into it. The across 3 relevant months mean all 3 months can get debit card bonus rather than have to spend for all 3 mths.

Faint......

Last edited:

vddgnd

Reaction score
Thanks tmkedmw.

From the link given for the roadshow :
http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/savings?pid=SGH:je:OF:SA:HOM:1806:004:Casa_Q3

I click on more details under spend and saw this :

Subject to a maximum additional bonus interest payable on the first S$100,000 in top-up amount(s) with a minimum spend of S$800 on your HSBC Debit Card across all 3 Relevant Months.

Or maybe I read too much into it. The across 3 relevant months mean all 3 months can get debit card bonus rather than have to spend for all 3 mths.

Faint......
I read the same and have the same worry as you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.