Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine dun think support the DVB-T2.... One is a old Samsung LED TV non smart about 5yrs and a smart TV.

Anyway if I have 3 TV so need 3 indoor antennas? And also 3 boxes?
If all your 3 TVs don't support digital DVB-T2 and don't have cable TV, then have to get digital set-top-box+indoor antenna for all the 3 TVs.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I used a $10 Indoor antenna with 12dbi gain for a flat in Fernvale, managed to get full reception for SG and MY tv. Moot the point, location is most important. And it seems Fernvale is a good spot.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
So which the best option? Get from imda or courts /best denki model ? Which model? Prefer to get my signal of course. Stay west side

For me i hav to get the box + antenna as my tv is not digital ready. If nt mistaken if get those bundle set top box, they cm with a passive antenna (no separate ac power supply) rite? They strong enugh to recev my channel?

Last edited:

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The volume of local digital channels seems soft.. if I watch over Singtel TV.. the volume seems louder

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, my Samsung UA60D6600VNXXS tv only has DVB-T tuner. Do I still need the set-top box or just the antenna? Thanks.

You need both STB and an indoor antenna (passive or active model).

berger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have starhub, is the only way to get this voucher means i have to cancel starhub?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have starhub, is the only way to get this voucher means i have to cancel starhub?

Do I qualify?

You qualify for the DTV Starter Kit if you

• Stay in a HDB flat;
  • Have at least one Singaporean household member;
  • Do not have Singtel or StarHub pay TV service; and
  • Have not redeemed or collected your package under IMDA's previous Digital TV Assistance Scheme.

Each eligible household is only entitled to one DTV Starter Kit.

Source: https://www.digitaltv.sg/

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
website says all redemption letters have been sent out liao.. If someone cancels starhub now.. likely will not be receiving any letters also..

Well, there is option to apply online.

I have cancelled my pay TV subscription; can I receive the DTV Starter Kit?
You can apply online here for the DTV Starter Kit if you meet the eligibility criteria.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
By near end jun i hav nt receiv letter yet. So i apply online and try my luck. Upon 9th day recev. My case is I do hav paytv BUT cancel end of mar when tge free trial period for 1year is over. Jus at end mar. The criterias for getting free redemption letter only out by apr. But when is the cut off date tat they determind households subscribed or no, is up to their discretion. Anyway no harm try also if the link to apply is there.

When i use paytv watching digital channel's local or those international ones, sound indeed softer. Jus tune louder lo.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Feel the same. Analog channel sound also louder then DVBT2 channel.

If you want louder sound choose audio track 2. Track 1 is broadcast in HE-AAC 5.1. 5.1 due to bigger dynamic range, therefore will sound soft after down-mix to Stereo for TV speakers :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.