Citibank SMRT Card

jyantzen

Reaction score
I tried last year (for Singtel website) ... got only 0.7% rebate. Additional 0.3% if you meet the minimum monthly spend of $300

I think if you use Singtel App to do payment, it may be treated as "online". If it is, it's 2.7+0.3% but I have not try this option though...

I can confirm that my recent payments(last two months) via both Singtel App and M1 App have earned 2.7%+0.3%.

jyantzen

Reaction score
The table has "SMRT$ carried forward" + "SMRT$ earned this month" + "Bonus SMRT$ earned this month" + ...

Had this card for 6 months and so far every month statement under "SMRT$ earned this month" is 0.00 but the SMRT$ earned for all my eligible transactions fall under "Bonus SMRT$ earned this month".

Not a big deal as the final amount is correct, but I'm just curious if this is normal. My theory is that it will fall under "SMRT$ earned this month" if I spend <$300. Anyone can advise?

Yes, same observation as yours - all posted under "Bonus SMRT$ earned this month". Regardless of monthly spending exceed $300 or not.

ayuchan

Reaction score
I just received this card today. “Qualifying Spend Period” refers to the 6 continuous calendar months commencing on the first day of the
calendar month after the open date of the Eligible Cardmember’s Eligible Card applied for.

Does this mean that spending from 1st July then will be counted towards the $200 in order to get the $20 rebate?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received this card today. “Qualifying Spend Period” refers to the 6 continuous calendar months commencing on the first day of the
calendar month after the open date of the Eligible Cardmember’s Eligible Card applied for.

Does this mean that spending from 1st July then will be counted towards the $200 in order to get the $20 rebate?

yes .

ayuchan

Reaction score
I have both this and DBS Visa for the 10% kaching rebate for contactless payment. Should I pass the smrt card for wife to use while I use the dbs visa? Or rather put all the eggs into same basket (smrt) for greater benefit?

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Hi all,

if solely use this card for ezlink transport top up, is it worth it or are there other better cards for transport?

ilovetoeat

Reaction score
Also, i see that can get 5% rebate for town council payments, but through which avenue then will have the 5%? Does paying through AXS entitles for the 5?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, i see that can get 5% rebate for town council payments, but through which avenue then will have the 5%? Does paying through AXS entitles for the 5?

not through AXS. Should be via Citi One bill https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/one-bills.htm

jyantzen

Reaction score

Before you apply for One Bill, check if your TC name matches A & B
A. Qualifying TC
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/Qualifying_Town_Councils.pdf

B. TC in OneBill application form, which will be reflected in monthly statement
https://www.citibank.com.sg/global_docs/pdf/onebill/one_bill_citi_rebate_promo.pdf

TC names in "A" are outdated, I am not getting (4.7 + 0.3%), just 0.3% due to mismatch. Citibank support insisted "A" is correct.

Mine is posted as "Jalan Besar" TC.
The qualifying doc has the old GRC "MOULMEIN - KALLANG" TC.

Sent a secure email (as insisted by their chat) to-n-fro with no progress in sight.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note for those who visit Toast Box

Under Citi SMRT "Dining & Coffee" category, you should be able to get 5% rebate from Toast Box.

I have visited several different Toast Box branches and the SMRT$ was duly awarded in the past.

However, last week I visited one branch at Novena for the first time. Noticed that in my statement, it has the abbreviation "T.B." instead of the previously printed "Toast Box", and no SMRT$ was awarded.

Not sure what is the reason for no SMRT$ awarded, either "T.B." is not recognised as Toast Box, or Citi is just late this time round.

Called Citi CS to check.

Reisonnance

Reaction score
Just Recv my citibank bill, Found out that there is revision to the TnCs from October onwards, Government Services are excluded. Any better card to use for HDB Season Parking & Town Council?

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
payments to government institutions and services (including
but not limited to court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment,
postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government
purchases);

the.guru

Reaction score
payments to government institutions and services (including
but not limited to court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment,
postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government
purchases);

Town Council still have 4.7% rebate from Oct 2018. It is those LTA, MOM, HDB payments don't have.

blue_denim24

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to know, can I just configure my normal EZ link card for auto top up via Citibank SMRT card and still qualify for 1.7 % rebates (assuming I cobfigure it to auto topup 31 dollars)

Also another question, assuming answer for previous question is true, can I configure auto top up of 2 EZ LINK cards via the same Citibank SMRT card and would still get 1.7% rebates on the overall spend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.