Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
FM radio?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Only Qualcomm chip will have fm radio :o exynos no have

But in all seriousness, wait for s10 guys. It's going to be the real game changer with bigger screen and fod. Unless you must have the spen then go for note

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Qualcomm chip will have fm radio
:o
exynos no have

But in all seriousness, wait for s10 guys. It's going to be the real game changer with bigger screen and fod. Unless you must have the spen then go for note

Iwait n wait then later s10 no FOD? Then later will say s10 dun buy since first with FOD wait for S11 n wait n wait n wait....

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
4 July 2018
Renders of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 show the handset in 5 different colors

Note9renders.jpg

note9renders3.jpg

note9renders2.jpg

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Qualcomm chip will have fm radio :o exynos no have

which spen works with non note9?

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
Iwait n wait then later s10 no FOD? Then later will say s10 dun buy since first with FOD wait for S11 n wait n wait n wait....

If you can't wait then get whichever phone you want, don't say I never share this :(

which spen works with non note9?

I tried using spen on s8 before, confirm cannot use. If not wrong, the screen technology is slightly different. That's why spen can write even under water :o

So conclusion is, spen can only work for note. I heard older spen can't work with the newer note as well

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can't wait then get whichever phone you want, don't say I never share this
:(

I tried using spen on s8 before, confirm cannot use. If not wrong, the screen technology is slightly different. That's why spen can write even under water
:o

So conclusion is, spen can only work for note. I heard older spen can't work with the newer note as well

I wan to wait but scare my phone cannot waot :(

Like u said SO got FOD but I also scare later I wait for S10 then SO comes out disappointed ....

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 July 2018
Renders of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 show the handset in 5 different colors

Note9renders.jpg

note9renders3.jpg

note9renders2.jpg

Is it just me or the phone looks much taller? I prefer a circular design for the finger print reader.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never heard of such Tech. :s13:

Snapdragon have fm receiver but need to plug in earpiece. It acts as antenna. Its a requirement in US and some countries in EU to have fm radio on mobile to use during emergency. As during national level emergency, the country will broadcast emergency messages through fm radio.

Thats why you see US and some EU countries only have snapdragon models of samsung phones.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon have fm receiver but need to plug in earpiece. It acts as antenna. Its a requirement in US and some countries in EU to have fm radio on mobile to use during emergency. As during national level emergency, the country will broadcast emergency messages through fm radio.

Thats why you see US and some EU countries only have snapdragon models of samsung phones.

The level of my sarcasm is not detected. But yeah thanks for sharing with the others!

Yup only SD chips has FM radio chips Exynos does not. So to keep things on leveled ground. Radio chips are also disabled on SD for S9 with an exception of one app able to access it.

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The level of my sarcasm is not detected. But yeah thanks for sharing with the others!

Yup only SD chips has FM radio chips Exynos does not. So to keep things on leveled ground. Radio chips are also disabled on SD for S9 with an exception of one app able to access it.

Pai seh. Didnt catch that. :s13:

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Still miss the IR Blaster from older Notes.
Good to secretly switch channels or increase/decrease volume at clinics, showrooms, coffee shops...:D

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Good to secretly switch channels or increase/decrease volume at clinics, showrooms, coffee shops...:D

You can use Smart Things app from Samsung to control Samsung products (TV, aircon, fridge, etc) using Samsung phone....

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung connected members, any IR blaster in note9?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.