Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis0902

Reaction score
Come on bro n sis.... Don be naive to think they won't disturb u if u pay the principle sum.... If things can be settle there won't be so much victims or debtors in this forum.... Changing of number changing of job... Come clean with with nok all these is a must if u wan to move on..... Things been smooth for me for 1 month plus.... I had change number install cctv.... Made police report... Fb privacy changed.... If the ah long cant suck ur money... They will suck others.... I had mention before unless the amount u own them is big amount if not they won't waste money asking runner go up... The most they can do is to be what's app warrior... Be safe guys.....

khunjuno

Reaction score
Come on bro n sis.... Don be naive to think they won't disturb u if u pay the principle sum.... If things can be settle there won't be so much victims or debtors in this forum.... Changing of number changing of job... Come clean with with nok all these is a must if u wan to move on..... Things been smooth for me for 1 month plus.... I had change number install cctv.... Made police report... Fb privacy changed.... If the ah long cant suck ur money... They will suck others.... I had mention before unless the amount u own them is big amount if not they won't waste money asking runner go up... The most they can do is to be what's app warrior... Be safe guys.....

I can understand the thinking also lah, because it is difficult to tell how much we actually "owe" them. So we think that if we pay back what we loan, we'll have a easier time.

But what is the amount we actually owe them?

Is it the amount we loan? $1000?

Is it the amount they say we can pay to clear? $1400?

Is it some other number that only they know?

Or is there no number? Just how much they can extract from us before we dry up?

Last edited:

Louis0902

Reaction score
How much u own them it's an unknown bro... Its all depends on the ah long mood.. And also depend on how much blood they see in you.... It's never ending...

I can understand the thinking also lah, because it is difficult to tell how much we actually "owe" them. So we think that if we pay back what we loan, we'll have a easier time.

But what is the amount we actually owe them?

Is it the amount we loan? $1000?

Is it the amount they say we can pay to clear? $1400?

Is it some other number that only they know?

Or is there no number? Just how much they can extract from us before we dry up?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hahaha last nite they strike again left love notes on the windscreen ..actually now i seen it all no feeling Io say don't pay them pay Ur family better

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
I disregard your flawed assumptions and rephrase you. If you "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. If you don't "return" what you "borrowed", you will be harassed. I think you've answered your own question.

Any update on from yr side.

ATSB2014

Reaction score
I am currently being harrassed by these scammers. I naively inquired for a loan but at the end I said I'm not interested anymore. But they go ahead and transfer money to my account and are now calling my office, NOK. Last night, they even sent an Indian worker to my home to take picture of my door. The Indian worker was trying to borrow money from him and he told him he will give him the money if he take the picture. I've filed a police report, closed my account, and block any number the LS is using. I am just worried for my family's safety.
There was mention here of an Anti Loanshark FB page. Anybody contact them and were they able to help? Any feedback would be appreciated.

khunjuno

Reaction score
I am currently being harrassed by these scammers. I naively inquired for a loan but at the end I said I'm not interested anymore. But they go ahead and transfer money to my account and are now calling my office, NOK. Last night, they even sent an Indian worker to my home to take picture of my door. The Indian worker was trying to borrow money from him and he told him he will give him the money if he take the picture. I've filed a police report, closed my account, and block any number the LS is using. I am just worried for my family's safety.
There was mention here of an Anti Loanshark FB page. Anybody contact them and were they able to help? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Contacted them before. Don't know how legit there are, considering the fact that there are "runner" NRIC and photos being posted on their Facebook page and it hasn't been removed for months already. These people whose photos are on Facebook are most likely debtors themselves who can't clear their loans and run on their debts. I don't for one moment believe that all of them are runners.

Think about it.

If they are really an anti-loanshark page, why are they allowing loansharks to post on their Facebook page? Also, they request copy of police report which has all of our details on it to be sent to them, and from what I understand, they will ask for a fee to be paid in order to settle the problem with the loansharks - but no guarantee on what the outcome will be.

Isn't this just another potential avenue for loansharks to suck more money from us? By claiming to be legitimate (like the money lenders we borrowed from previously), they try to gain our trust by asking us to provide details etc etc. Who knows, maybe after taking our fee, they will make a deal with the loansharks to leave us alone for a while, then after maybe a few weeks/months the harassment will start again. Then how? We are 2-3k out of the money again and the problem still not solved.

I rather take matters into my own hands, make police report, ignore the lenders and endure the harassment, eventually it will stop, no guarantees when also, but at least I won't be paying a few thousand and have my details out for people to see AGAIN.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Contacted them before. Don't know how legit there are, considering the fact that there are "runner" NRIC and photos being posted on their Facebook page and it hasn't been removed for months already. These people whose photos are on Facebook are most likely debtors themselves who can't clear their loans and run on their debts. I don't for one moment believe that all of them are runners.

Think about it.

If they are really an anti-loanshark page, why are they allowing loansharks to post on their Facebook page? Also, they request copy of police report which has all of our details on it to be sent to them, and from what I understand, they will ask for a fee to be paid in order to settle the problem with the loansharks - but no guarantee on what the outcome will be.

Isn't this just another potential avenue for loansharks to suck more money from us? By claiming to be legitimate (like the money lenders we borrowed from previously), they try to gain our trust by asking us to provide details etc etc. Who knows, maybe after taking our fee, they will make a deal with the loansharks to leave us alone for a while, then after maybe a few weeks/months the harassment will start again. Then how? We are 2-3k out of the money again and the problem still not solved.

I rather take matters into my own hands, make police report, ignore the lenders and endure the harassment, eventually it will stop, no guarantees when also, but at least I won't be paying a few thousand and have my details out for people to see AGAIN.

Ya screw those the SALC..wayang kings..pui!I tried to seek help from them they request police report etc..

Sharuu

Reaction score
Ya screw those the SALC..wayang kings..pui!I tried to seek help from them they request police report etc..

Ask to see police report for what?

Someone told me they're actually a debt collecting company. On their FB page, they claim they can't say how they "settle" problems, but I think they're all on the same side. I don't trust anyone who asks for money to help with these things. They always seem like they don't know any more than we do. Smoke screens.

Ray1969

Reaction score

This Anti loanshark fb will suck you a big sum fee outfront and get your data. My suggestion is either you follow all the bros advices found here, or you think you need moral support and stay strong, look for social services body, such as Blessed Grace. They will stand by your side. Even if your house is splashed with paint, the support group will go down and help you clean up immediately, and no fees at all.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Ask to see police report for what?

Someone told me they're actually a debt collecting company. On their FB page, they claim they can't say how they "settle" problems, but I think they're all on the same side. I don't trust anyone who asks for money to help with these things. They always seem like they don't know any more than we do. Smoke screens.
They Wana confirmed if our case is a legit one..SALC wayang only la..leave the case to our police better..after all we pay tax one..let them protect us.

Lenny50

Reaction score
Yes. I did. In fact I did not seek to borrow money from these blood sucking loan sharks. I was under the impression they were licensed moneylenders. Turns out...they were in fact loansharks, without a face or name. I got scammed big time. I took only $300...and after a few weeks ended paying this blood sucker $21,000.00. I had no choice but to seek help from SALC. And they did a wonderful job. Now I have my peace back. Life goes on and I am really grateful to those people at SALC.

Ghie0908

Reaction score

I made an inquiry with SALC previously. They asked if I filed a police report then I told them not yet. Then they message me on my hp and gave me their office address but he said he will not meet me in the office but somewhere in a resto in Serangoon. They gave a quote of 250 sgd per LS and they need your sim and they will communicate with the LS they say. I told him I cant coz I also use my number in my work so I cant just let him have my sim. It's true the charges are quite expensive so I just dropped it.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Yes. I did. In fact I did not seek to borrow money from these blood sucking loan sharks. I was under the impression they were licensed moneylenders. Turns out...they were in fact loansharks, without a face or name. I got scammed big time. I took only $300...and after a few weeks ended paying this blood sucker $21,000.00. I had no choice but to seek help from SALC. And they did a wonderful job. Now I have my peace back. Life goes on and I am really grateful to those people at SALC.

Why you only show up when people talk about SALC ah?

I don't know how you managed to turn a 300$ loan into 21,000 within "a few weeks", because nobody else's story on here sounds like this. Either you very not bright or you very bedek.

Sharuu

Reaction score
I made an inquiry with SALC previously. They asked if I filed a police report then I told them not yet. Then they message me on my hp and gave me their office address but he said he will not meet me in the office but somewhere in a resto in Serangoon. They gave a quote of 250 sgd per LS and they need your sim and they will communicate with the LS they say. I told him I cant coz I also use my number in my work so I cant just let him have my sim. It's true the charges are quite expensive so I just dropped it.

They want your SIM card for what?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Why you only show up when people talk about SALC ah?

I don't know how you managed to turn a 300$ loan into 21,000 within "a few weeks", because nobody else's story on here sounds like this. Either you very not bright or you very bedek.

SALC people la..pui! If SALC so capable can ask them help me talk to bank ant.hahaa..

Sharuu

Reaction score
SALC people la..pui! If SALC so capable can ask them help me talk to bank ant.hahaa..

You ask them before? I just want to know why they charge 250$. What is the fee for if they need a police report and even your SIM card. Sounds super dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.