HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually, 90 days lock in from the 1st thursday of the month will result in the 1st few days of 4th month no 1.5% interest at all...

based on 200k, each day interest is $8.21

if u present a cheque on friday after cheque the clearing time, it will clear only on tuesday... means ard 10 days of 1.5% interest lost in the 4th month ... right

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first RM very terok, refused to help from 2nd times onwards and was totally unfriendly and rude. Wrote in to complain and asked for change of RM. ^^

then did u manage to get waiver for the 3rd time onwards?

vddgnd

Reaction score
actually, 90 days lock in from the 1st thursday of the month will result in the 1st few days of 4th month no 1.5% interest at all...

based on 200k, each day interest is $8.21

if u present a cheque on friday after cheque the clearing time, it will clear only on tuesday... means ard 10 days of 1.5% interest lost in the 4th month ... right
Cheque will be cleared on next Monday. 90th day is 6th-Oct, withdraw 7th-Oct but that is a Sunday, so effectively withdraw on 8th-Oct

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheque will be cleared on next Monday. 90th day is 6th-Oct, withdraw 7th-Oct but that is a Sunday, so effectively withdraw on 8th-Oct

Issit true that they can clear cheque on the same day?

I had a new account opened on 6th April (FRIDAY) and RM said that cheque was present AFTER cut off time at 3pm++

i was expecting it to be cleared on the following mon/tue,
however in the banking record it shows:
"April 6, 2018

CLG CHQ DEP 305802
YDDG07752
SYSTEM GENERATED

200,000.00"

Is this prove that it was cleared on the friday that i deposited

And my 91st day is actually TODAY ?

anyone can advise :s11:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Issit true that they can clear cheque on the same day?

I had a new account opened on 6th April (FRIDAY) and RM said that cheque was present AFTER cut off time at 3pm++

i was expecting it to be cleared on the following mon/tue,
however in the banking record it shows:
"April 6, 2018

CLG CHQ DEP 305802
YDDG07752
SYSTEM GENERATED

200,000.00"

Is this prove that it was cleared on the friday that i deposited

And my 91st day is actually TODAY ?

anyone can advise :s11:

If statement shows your cheque was deposited on 6 April, 90 days lock-in will count from 6 April.
Did you rec 25 days of bonus interest for April? If yes, u have fulfilled 90days lock-in liao

Last edited:

itchying

Reaction score
Hi

Can i clarify on the 90days lock in of 200k for welcome gift and voucher.

It means the ADB over 90days from the day your account is funded needs to be at least 200k?

Eg you put in 300k on 7 july and take out on 30 sep, which is 86days.

86days x 300k / 90days = $28666 daily balance. You havd fulfilled the requirement even though u took out 4 days earlier ?

cnotsniw

Reaction score
then did u manage to get waiver for the 3rd time onwards?

Didn't need to as I religiously stuck to no deposit before 5th of month from then on and make sure checked my account on 3rd/4th of the month to ensure zero balance.

New RM was better I must say as he called and enquired about me and was so much friendlier when we chatted.

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
Debit Card Additional Bonus Interest

$800 spend on each calender month to get additional 0.8% on first 100K?

or total $800 spend on the quarter?

vddgnd

Reaction score
Debit Card Additional Bonus Interest

$800 spend on each calender month to get additional 0.8% on first 100K?

or total $800 spend on the quarter?
Each month $800. You would get this bonus on the month that u can meet this, no need every month.

Last edited:

ChaOrEn

Reaction score
Didn't need to as I religiously stuck to no deposit before 5th of month from then on and make sure checked my account on 3rd/4th of the month to ensure zero balance.

New RM was better I must say as he called and enquired about me and was so much friendlier when we chatted.

Can introduce your RM to me? I have no RM for 2 months already.

cnotsniw

Reaction score
Can introduce your RM to me? I have no RM for 2 months already.

huh? HSBC din assign u RM? Call in and check and ask for one.

Not sure if the RM will be friendly after i take out all the money again at the end of this cycle :p

haha.

cnotsniw

Reaction score
General question related to banking.

If check dated on Sat 7/7 given to HSBC on Sat at the road show, does the account which the chk is drawn from need to be funded since it will only be debited on Mon, ie. Fund the checking account on Mon 0001hrs.

Reason for asking is not to lose interest to the lower paying checking account over the weekend.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.