Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharuu

Reaction score
I did inquire with SALC and they did say about the 250$ fee and taking control of my SIM for a month... I am now also already wary of sending my personal info (all on the police report) so I did not go ahead with SALC... And it seems a lotnof you agree it is also quite suspicious...

So they ask to have your physical SIM card for a month? Did you ask why they need it for that duration?

ATSB2014

Reaction score
I tried salc but they were very persistent abt hving my report n everything

First of all, we r threatened because ls has our address n stuff.. N we still have to send our personal stuff to them..?

If u try googling.. No testimonials frm anyone.

Nxt.. Of coz i heard the fees paid n they will guard our homes. But the last time they updated was along time ago n now its a page for ls to humiliate debtors..

I think its not quite right somewhere. Theres one social svc also collects 50bucks for running costs.

But salc is abit weird. Allowing ls to post is like assisting their harassment..

No testimonials anywhere also got me suspicious. Now I am very paranoid about giving my info.

ATSB2014

Reaction score
So they ask to have your physical SIM card for a month? Did you ask why they need it for that duration?

They said they will handle the loanshark/harrassers for 30 days and I will have peace again after 30 days...
First of all, I can't give them my SIM because I use it for work.
Second, I am a bit skeptical because there aren't a lot of reviews about them...

Sharuu

Reaction score
They said they will handle the loanshark/harrassers for 30 days and I will have peace again after 30 days...
Second, I am a bit skeptical because there aren't a lot of reviews about them...

I don't see why they could possibly need 250$ to do this using your own SIM card.

On a related note, my friend, the one whose number I used to send my details to another ah long for money, has been having a roaring good laugh getting random people to answer spam calls. Basically, every time he gets a call, he assumes a different identity. And he just ignores messages. He said they stopped couple days ago when he said they were through to Singapore Casket. Maybe SALC also does something like this.

khunjuno

Reaction score
I don't see why they could possibly need 250$ to do this using your own SIM card.

On a related note, my friend, the one whose number I used to send my details to another ah long for money, has been having a roaring good laugh getting random people to answer spam calls. Basically, every time he gets a call, he assumes a different identity. And he just ignores messages. He said they stopped couple days ago when he said they were through to Singapore Casket. Maybe SALC also does something like this.

This one is you listed as NOK number ah or lender?

Sharuu

Reaction score
This one is you listed as NOK number ah or lender?

No, this is the friend whose number I used to send my details to get the money.

My NOK is having an even more fun time demanding more money from him, saying he very close to catching me la, what la. Thanks for reminding me, I probably need to reign him in a bit. His stories are getting more incredible.

khunjuno

Reaction score
No, this is the friend whose number I used to send my details to get the money.

My NOK is having an even more fun time demanding more money from him, saying he very close to catching me la, what la. Thanks for reminding me, I probably need to reign him in a bit. His stories are getting more incredible.

That time how much you run sia. How come they never check your details before giving you loan lol

Sharuu

Reaction score
That time how much you run sia. How come they never check your details before giving you loan lol

Peanuts. They said they checked. Who cares. My details already floating around who knows where, might as well make some money off of it. Lucky my photo nice. Lol.

Nas1978

Reaction score
My LS is getting more creative.
Previously, he will order food delivery and send to my workplace then move to Carusole, order from many seller and to meet at my workplace. Now, he order something big.. A palsma tv from Harvey Norman and send to my workplace. The guard notify me when there is a bulk delivery and were suspicious. The building management know what i went thru and we been getting harrasement call from all these LS. He even call the security room and inform them that there is fire at my unit. Haiisshh.. This guy is really annoying.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Previously, he will order food delivery and send to my workplace then move to Carusole, order from many seller and to meet at my workplace. Now, he order something big.. A palsma tv from Harvey Norman and send to my workplace. The guard notify me when there is a bulk delivery and were suspicious. The building management know what i went thru and we been getting harrasement call from all these LS. He even call the security room and inform them that there is fire at my unit. Haiisshh.. This guy is really annoying.
Ignore lo..I received hell notes tru mail ytd

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

SALC ** la...act like tough fuxk.

Sharuu

Reaction score

Harvey Norman really needs to have better checks on orders. He must be really bored. I'm sure these deliveries cost him nothing.

LOOHHHH

Reaction score
I’m worried bro..if I don’t transfer at least the amount owe, he may be more agitated and harass more.

most AL, will want more money. even paid back the initial amount still wan some more.
if both of you agreed to this sum , for eg .. Al transfer 300 defer 200 pay 500.
once u paid them 500, they will expect more from you. Becoz you can pay them 500. some AL will either want back their 300 but defer then pay later.
then from there the money will become snowball. if more victim, he sure delay other victim for the month when he got no business, then these victim will start paying them.

if you want to pay can pay them on what is upon agreed amount and then close your account, change number and block them.
FB change to privacy.
he sure will get agitated coz you mia and he cant do anything to harassing you to get more money. suck you till dry and dry.
He might continue to harass you. he might not.. it is depend on the AL.
different AL react differently. i believe is their mood.
pervert characters.

Last edited:

BaconHam

Reaction score
Bro.. Sim card not me la
I didnt proceed when they were stern of the police report

I think they need your report to make sure that you're not an undercover ah long who wants to find out how they do what they do. But it's still a data compromise. And this whole thing has never been about loans or money or debt. It's about data theft and the collateral is your fear. I also wouldn't want to give my personal details to a faceless committee who praise themselves on a measly Facebook page. Not even a legit website.

I haven't seen their page, but I wouldn't lose sleep over having my personal details on there. Social media is a self policing platform and I'm sure people have stopped taking Facebook seriously since like 2012. If you free, you should go to all the comments and glorify those people who have their details posted up for standing up to criminals. I'm like 90% sure there are bots that can do this so you don't have to use your personal account, but this is a topic for another time and place.

I haven't figured out why they need your SIM card like someone said before. The only reason you would need it is if you wanted to use the number. And the only reason you would want to use the number is if you wanted to assume that person's identity. Do they ask to hand over the physical SIM card? In which case, if they really need to hijack your identity, they are not only sneaky, they are also uncles. Because nowadays if you want to scramble your outgoing number, you can easily download an app, no need physical SIM card. The ah longs are doing this already.

SALC, ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. YOU UNCLES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.