The Denim Thread [Read the first few post before asking questions] - Part 1

morkutao

Reaction score
side track, anyone wants to get mnml jeans together? haha wanna qualify for free shipping!

MetalStitch

Reaction score
Great to know a fellow Oni wearer! I’m wearing the 622 Aizumi’s currently and I agree that they fade very slow. I also have the 02516 jacket as well.

The 16oz denim is thick and definitely more for indoor wear like air con office environment. Wearing them on the streets can be quite “challenging”.

They did release recently the 902 which is a high rise version of the 622.

Now I’m thinking whether to get the Samurai limited models or not haha.

Just nice I have both pairs, so I can provide my opinions. For Samurai I have 710xx and 710bkb, and I must say they fade fast! But my 710xx also got a crotch burst fast too, which I am surprised given the thick material. As for Oni 622z, though it's only 1oz more than 710xx, it does feel thicker and tougher than the Samurai. However the 622z is fading really really slow. There are some signs of whiskers and wallet fades, but pretty weak.

As for fitting, both are different too, which you can refer to denimio for the accurate measurements. For me, 710xx feels quite tight on the butt though the waist is fine, and the hem taper is not that much too. As for 622z, both waist and butt fits right for me, but the hem is really really very tapered which sometimes I may struggle to pull up my socks because I can't lift up the ends higher. So I guess neither is best best fitting for me.

As whether it feels warm, I feel both of them acceptable. May be because I am usually indoors so I don't feel the heat wearing them.

hosehbo?

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, just dug out an old pair of dior which i can fit into now. sadly, there's a small hole at the back above the pocket and i'm looking to taper them. not sure if i should hem them.

where should i go to fix all of the issues? is tet tailor still the one? haven't been wearing jeans for quite some time.

saw jeansfix but its pricey af. might go if i really have no choice.

thanks in advance!

blzy333

Reaction score
Adding to the last post, I'd also like to get some advise on jeans alterations and what can be done.

I've bought a pair of waist 33 but have lost some weight recently and the waist area is feeling loose. Don't like to use a belt so am wondering if waist of jeans can be altered?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Adding to the last post, I'd also like to get some advise on jeans alterations and what can be done.

I've bought a pair of waist 33 but have lost some weight recently and the waist area is feeling loose. Don't like to use a belt so am wondering if waist of jeans can be altered?

yes can be done. but costly + the whole fit of the jeans will look weird after.
my advice is not to. but if you really like the jeans, nothing is stopping you.

hope it helps

super365

Master Member
Reaction score

Can be altered. I asked before the same thing at those shophouses auntie alteration service if can they say can, never ask price as I still use belt is ok.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to TDS today hoping to check out if they carrying Samurai Jeans caps. Then I realise they are only selling Momotaro for the Japanese brands. How come like that? They dropped Unbranded, now Samurai Jeans. Nudie, Momotaro and Naked & Famous enough to tahan meh?

blzy333

Reaction score
Yeah they seem to be pushing nudies much more. Jap brands, is ruggard gentleman shop the only place now? Any other brick n mortar in sg for Jap denim?

Went to TDS today hoping to check out if they carrying Samurai Jeans caps. Then I realise they are only selling Momotaro for the Japanese brands. How come like that? They dropped Unbranded, now Samurai Jeans. Nudie, Momotaro and Naked & Famous enough to tahan meh?

NoEducation

Reaction score
No more already. Rugged gentlemen only sells ironheart and red cloud lol.

Just fly to Thailand during pronto denim festival or buy from denimio lo

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

NoEducation

Reaction score
Just bought a 9oz naked and famous denim after wearing 21oz for a year. Wtf the 9oz is like tissue paper. I suspect they send me wrong or something

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

blzy333

Reaction score
Any good recommendations for places to go for alterations (selvedge denim)? Looking to slightly taper and take in some width got the thigh area. Jeans fit nicely when I bought it but I guess it expanded more than I expected and its borderline baggy now haha:s13:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bread & Butter (if they still exist that is) carries some Japanese selection IIRC.

LoneReaction

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here tried local custom denim? I know Hwa Seng Textiles has been doing it for sometime. Also found Journal Projects that started recently.
Off-the-rack just doesn't fit me. Wonder who I should go with to make a custom pair..

blzy333

Reaction score
No more. I think they left with limited the strike gold, apart from evisu. That's about it for the jap denim selection.

Think no choice, have to blind buy from okayama denim

Bread & Butter (if they still exist that is) carries some Japanese selection IIRC.

Comebuckets

Reaction score
Anyone here tried local custom denim? I know Hwa Seng Textiles has been doing it for sometime. Also found Journal Projects that started recently.
Off-the-rack just doesn't fit me. Wonder who I should go with to make a custom pair..

I did a pair. Selvage $350 add button fly $50 so I didn’t get the button fly.. maybe next time

blzy333

Reaction score
Any pics to share?

On a side note, my recent order from okayama denim was extremely quick! Placed the order Monday night 11pm and receive the jeans yesterday (wed) from Japan

I did a pair. Selvage $350 add button fly $50 so I didn’t get the button fly.. maybe next time

geeeek

Reaction score
Intending to get denim jacket from the denim store, anyone got member of interested to buy anything? they are offering 20% for second piece

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What denim material they using? Don't think they have Union Special Chainstitching Machine for hemming also bah...
That price can get a decent pair of Japanese denim jeans liao leh.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.