Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormycloud

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm currently a part time 1 month + old grab driver. I'm driving late at night just to only break even or profit little.

Was thinking of going full time. So need some advise here. How much can I earn if I run full time ? Like best timing to drive? I know peak hour is a pain the the arse to drive as it takes too long for the same amount. Is it easy to hit 250 - 300 fares a day on weekdays? I'm driving a Honda bezel hybrid @ 75 a day.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To earn $300 u need to drive $400.

$75 rental + $25 petrol.

After comm ard $220 left.

U probably need to drive at least 18 hours i including morning and evening peak for the surge fares.

Try rent a cheaper car u will save $30 per day.

Hi guys. I'm currently a part time 1 month + old grab driver. I'm driving late at night just to only break even or profit little.

Was thinking of going full time. So need some advise here. How much can I earn if I run full time ? Like best timing to drive? I know peak hour is a pain the the arse to drive as it takes too long for the same amount. Is it easy to hit 250 - 300 fares a day on weekdays? I'm driving a Honda bezel hybrid @ 75 a day.

tomzire

Master Member
Reaction score
very accurate...but the petrol S$25 bucks seems less...unless it's hybrid/diesel.
drive $400, mileage most likely 400km to 500km.

today "kan"Grab 5 times...all assign 3km and above jobs...
today 13 jobs = 3km x 13km = 39km ++ wasted.
Somemore, assign Defu Lane to Soon Lee road...32km 1hr 15mins for $25 Fare during peak hour jam...really fxxx...straight away tell customer your ride is not worth it, cancel.

Today:
Earn Fare $148 (Net $118),
mileage 186km.
Time: 7 hours (peak hours am/pm)
Petrol $25 +/- $5
Car cost: S$25
Profit = 118-25-25= $68

Gone are the days, now it's getting worse.
To earn $300 u need to drive $400.

$75 rental + $25 petrol.

After comm ard $220 left.

U probably need to drive at least 18 hours i including morning and evening peak for the surge fares.

Try rent a cheaper car u will save $30 per day.

Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ryde agrees with watchdog's finding that Grab-Uber merger infringed competition laws

SINGAPORE - Ride-hailing firms have agreed with a competition watchdog's finding that Grab's acquisition of Uber's South-east Asian business infringed competition laws.

Mr Terence Zou, chief executive officer and founder of Ryde, a local point-to-point transport application, said the decision by the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) was a step in the right direction.

He said the merger between Grab and Uber, which was unfair, had already been done, and was "practically speaking" not possible to be undone.

The CCCS, in a statement on Thursday (July 5), proposed imposing remedial measures, including fines,on Grab to revive dwindling competition in the point-to-point transport services industry in Singapore.

Mr Zou said: "The measures fell short of defining a fee. The fine cannot be just token, it needs to be substantial in order to 'reverse' the unfairness and be meaningful."

Ryde also said: "The proposed remedies do not go far enough but are a step in the right direction to mitigate negative post-merger effects and ensure that the market remains contestable."

Mr Zou said that, of all the measures, the one disallowing exclusive contracts between Grab and drivers or taxi companies is the most important measure to implement, as it will prevent the suffocation of other applications.

The founder and chief executive officer of another point-to-point transport application, MVL, which is slated to launch in Singapore at end-July, also agreed the decision was a step in the right decision.

Mr Kay Woo said: "Preventing the use of exclusive agreements will allow competitors to actually take some market share, and participate in the competition. With exclusive contracts, it is hard to gain the necessary critical mass to even participate.

"It will also allow drivers to earn more because they now have more options to choose from."

Local taxi company Trans-Cab Services also agreed that the removal of exclusive contracts will benefit their drivers and the market in general.

A spokesman said: "For drivers, being able to switch and choose between the applications means they will likely find it easier to earn a better living, as they can use the applications that can give them the most benefits."

In justifying that exclusive contracts be removed, the CCCS said in a release on Friday (July 6): "The removal of exclusivity will allow potential competitors access to an adequate number of cars and drivers in order to compete effectively."

In a contestable market, there will be more choices for both riders and drivers.
The organisation also justified the remaining measures.

CCCS said the proposed remedy on maintaining Grab's pre-merger pricing algorithm is to protect riders from higher base fares and surge factors.

This means that Grab will not be allowed to increase these elements from the pre-merger prices.

The local competition watchdog also explained the rationale behind the decision to compel Uber to sell Lion City Rentals wholly or partly to any potential competitor, and not be sold to Grab without CCCS approval.

It said that allowing competitors to have access to the cars and drivers from Lion City Rentals is in response to feedback from other point-to-point transport services .

They would have difficulty entering and competing in the Singapore market if Grab can expand its network of vehicles and drivers through acquiring Lion City Rentals' assets and drivers.

"They have also fed back that access to an adequate number of cars and drivers is required for them to compete effectively," said CCCS.

"CCCS's proposed direction addresses these concerns to facilitate new entry and in turn provide more choices for both riders and drivers."

The watchdog body has, however, kept the concerns of Uber and Grab in mind.

It said: "Further, CCCS's proposed directions in relation to Lion City Rentals also seek to balance the interest of different stakeholders, ie, Uber is not required to sell Lion City Rentals or its assets unless a reasonable offer is made by a potential competitor, while Grab may purchase Lion City Rentals or its assets if it obtains CCCS's prior approval."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...g-that-grab-uber-merger-infringed-competition

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today went grab create acc
Forgot bring bank book. Lol
The photo they took is for profile?
I no collar lei, can retake ?

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun waste time
Any other existing or incoming vendor(s) cmi one. First of all, where are they? Blow so loud, no picture with sound only

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another driver not fit to be Grab driver or any paid driver.
How embarrassing when he said taxi is a public transport and Grab is a private transport.

See he wear lidat but dunno wat is professionalism. Even cleaner also more professional than him.

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How embarrassing when he said taxi is a public transport and Grab is a private transport.

#chaodriver is a chaodriver. Truth hurts
Hope G is made known due to his action and be removed accordingly.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

#chaodriver is a chaodriver. Truth hurts
Hope G is made known due to his action and be removed accordingly.

If cannot be a driver, his vocational license will be stripped and taken away. And he can then be a true private, not-for-hire, driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.