Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the jabra 65t active earbuds. But saw here that some users experiencing the hissing and crackling sound. Does others experience this issues also? For advice pls.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Yes, occasionally do get that and it's irritating when you are in the middle of an important call. Otherwise I am enjoying this every time I put them on.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT

kirium76

Reaction score
Yes, occasionally do get that and it's irritating when you are in the middle of an important call. Otherwise I am enjoying this every time I put them on.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
Are the hissing and crackling due to magnetic interferences such as near farecard readers, mrt train doors etc? Or should I say it is normal for the set to exhibit such symptoms, given the limitation in technology?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are the hissing and crackling due to magnetic interferences such as near farecard readers, mrt train doors etc? Or should I say it is normal for the set to exhibit such symptoms, given the limitation in technology?

e8 and elite sport rarely encounter this

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

Jason8811

Reaction score
E8 never encounter this issue too, or was it affecting your phone and got transmitted to the earpiece?

em1812

Reaction score
Planning to get xfyro aria earbud...plunge into taking risk..anyone have good exp with crowdfund item?
I bought the PaMu from indiegogo and they turned out pretty good. But they were really cheap, that's why I dared to risk it. The Aria looks tempting, but the price is a little too dear for me to try.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, i was at home in front of my pc when that happened.

Last night, the left earbud mysteriously "died". Cannot connect to the right for no reason. Put in back to case, no blinking red light.
About 5 min later, came alive again. :s22::s22:

kirium76

Reaction score
No, i was at home in front of my pc when that happened.

Last night, the left earbud mysteriously "died". Cannot connect to the right for no reason. Put in back to case, no blinking red light.
About 5 min later, came alive again. :s22::s22:
So heading for service Centre for exchange?

rerear

Reaction score
any recommendation for taobao earbud hoots, can be those with cord but need magnetic ones also.

xiaovanz

Reaction score
Decided to get the Nuarl NT01 after trying a few brands. Though is not a big brand, the sound quality is indeed cool

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I almost wanted to buy the 65t

your earbuds using the latest firmware?

i contacted jabra support multiple times to ask them about the crackling sound.. they cant give me a solution to it than replace my device...

i replaced once before.. with oem firmware if got interference only will disconnect but wont 'crackle'..

once i update the firmware, the crackling is back :(:(:(

Raynesis

Reaction score
Been using the Jabra Elite Active 65T for a little over a week now for commuting to work mostly.

Firmware
  • 2.10.0 (1033) (English)
  • Forgot to check what was the original firmware out of the box, but updated once since downloading the app.

Connectivity
  • Pairing was straightforward, and subsequent automatic connections upon taking the earbuds out of the case are pretty quick (you may hear the connection sound when putting on the earbuds if you are really quick)
  • Range is about 3 meters of direct line of sight.
  • Don't notice any delay when watching videos from YouTube/Streamable.

Interference
  • Maybe about once a day, the left earbud drops and reconnects instantly, not sure why but it is not too big of a deal since I expected worst when wanting to try out true wireless.
  • EZ-Link
    • I only got the chance to sit directly in front of the card reader once.
    • It seems to crackle mainly on the left earbud when people are tapping while existing the bus, but does not seem crackle every single tap. It is mostly quiet otherwise.
    • I have not sat near to the card reader enough for further analysis.

Battery Life
  • Unable to comment much since I put the earbuds into the case whenever I am not using it.
  • When I get home, I try to make sure all my devices are charged so I have not been in a situation where the earbuds are low on juice.

Peeve
  • The sound sometimes leans towards the left ear a little.
  • There is some white noise during use, and you may be able to hear it during very quiet moments of some songs.
    • Try pausing a song and you should be able to hear the white noise stop after about 2 seconds.

So far, I feel that the Active 65T has been an overall upgrade over my previous commuting earbuds, the Beoplay H5, especially the battery life because the H5 needed its USB charging cradle, and did not work with my power bank so it was pretty much useless if I was travelling for longer periods of time.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here using or used Liberty Zolo plus? Does it live up to the Bluetooth 5.0 expectations? I am using a brand less (safvy) earbuds which is on 4.1, seriously the connectivity sucks.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the Jabra Elite Active 65T for a little over a week now for commuting to work mostly.

Firmware
  • 2.10.0 (1033) (English)
  • Forgot to check what was the original firmware out of the box, but updated once since downloading the app.

Connectivity
  • Pairing was straightforward, and subsequent automatic connections upon taking the earbuds out of the case are pretty quick (you may hear the connection sound when putting on the earbuds if you are really quick)
  • Range is about 3 meters of direct line of sight.
  • Don't notice any delay when watching videos from YouTube/Streamable.

Interference
  • Maybe about once a day, the left earbud drops and reconnects instantly, not sure why but it is not too big of a deal since I expected worst when wanting to try out true wireless.
  • EZ-Link
    • I only got the chance to sit directly in front of the card reader once.
    • It seems to crackle mainly on the left earbud when people are tapping while existing the bus, but does not seem crackle every single tap. It is mostly quiet otherwise.
    • I have not sat near to the card reader enough for further analysis.

Battery Life
  • Unable to comment much since I put the earbuds into the case whenever I am not using it.
  • When I get home, I try to make sure all my devices are charged so I have not been in a situation where the earbuds are low on juice.

Peeve
  • The sound sometimes leans towards the left ear a little.
  • There is some white noise during use, and you may be able to hear it during very quiet moments of some songs.
    • Try pausing a song and you should be able to hear the white noise stop after about 2 seconds.

So far, I feel that the Active 65T has been an overall upgrade over my previous commuting earbuds, the Beoplay H5, especially the battery life because the H5 needed its USB charging cradle, and did not work with my power bank so it was pretty much useless if I was travelling for longer periods of time.
thought someone who has elite active didn't encounter this interference issue..seem like active series is not spare from this interference issue neither. .

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

Da'ChipMunK

Reaction score
I have this same problem. Usually the left side will crackle and drop connection. Replaced it once and didn't update the firmware. Thought everything was okay until it happened again.

Considering making another change but not sure if it'll help. :(

can try change already dont update firmware first..

Connection drop will not have crackling sound.. but update liao confirm have.. haha u can try :s22:

jabra side cant give me any solution to this.. only tell me maybe set fault ask me replace :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.