[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new. I have a 3ft x1.5 x1.5 tank. Abt 50 gallon. Is a ehiem 2213 sufficient? I bought it by mistake cos I Thot my tank is 30g.

It's a fresh water planted aquarium with some fish.

It's just "right" but you need double of it so maybe like what skytan13 said add another hang on back filter

or try selling it buy sunsun filter

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The rating mostly is without the angled joints that the flow to a tank we have so if u use those online calculator and discount away those it will be lesser , even worst if have to go pass a chiller .

So for me I used 6x and above with chiller and 4-6 for none. And always use flow valve for easy maintenance and restricting flow if I have to

You can test actual flow rate , with handohone video in slow motion how long the outlet fills a 1 liter container

tminus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using a 2215 for one of my 2 feet tank and has pre-filter. Flow is quite weak but still acceptable.

For 3ft planted tank with co2.... personally I think way 2213 is way insufficient. Minimum u need a 2215 for decent circulation. Attach a prefilter or reactor the flow rate will be xxx

Google around for ppl comments on the flow rate instead of official eheim’s. Differenc quite a lot

PS - www.plantedtank.net/forums/9-equipment/120979-eheim-flow-2215-2217-tested-terrible-so-far.html#/topics/120979

Last edited:

Tok Kong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AwNhgpCl.jpg

My guppies tail will lose color and become strands. Next day passed away le.

What's the issue and how do I prevent/cure it?

Sent from Meizu M6 NOTE using GAGT

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for aro to stay in one spot especially in the mornings? Just got mine, yesterday was swimming actively playing with the current and bubbles then this morning I see a bit nua at one corner where there's little current. Is it must turn on light then will swim more? Or water cold?

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally get to visit Toh yesterday.
Really got the c328 feel but less crowded and more nicely pack.

It's my LFS of choice now, even though there's a few in 10kkj where I stay. Travel a bit but got more choices and price is more reasonable, about the same as C328.

Plus the daughter is buay pai :o

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
It's my LFS of choice now, even though there's a few in 10kkj where I stay. Travel a bit but got more choices and price is more reasonable, about the same as C328.

Plus the daughter is buay pai :o

Yap. The price is reasonable.
Saw a rainbow fish selling $4 while over at serangoon north selling for $9 for the same size. :s22:

Tok Kong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell us what kind of filtration system you have in your tank.
Using built-in overhead filter system with the usual filter media. Flow rate should be sufficient.

One thing I realize the top filter pad tend to turn greenish (algae?) after 3-4 days.

I'll get a pH tester to check out the pH as you suggested.

Tok Kong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Water treated with antichlorine? What kind of filter you using?
Ya. Treated with anticlorine. Also aged the water for 2 days (although I read that aging water is a myth?)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.