November 2017 SBF

Erinlmh

Reaction score
yea i read that too.. but last time before got vinyl, ppl use to laminate .. kids also like that grown up.. my ID know i have a baby and he did tell me normal vinyl also ok de.. so i trusted him ba.. since they are the more experience ppl

I am having laminate for my current house. That only bad thing about laminate is bloated up with tiny bit of water. Both IDs told me for long time investment, better to opt for tiles. Vinyl is slight cheaper(50cents to a dollar per sqf) depends on which design we chose. Vinyl will have stains if we leave the cupboard on the same area for a long time.

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why dont put tiles that looks like wood?
Is it cheaper that vinyl?

Amex^1234

Reaction score
ya.. i'm going to put tiles that looks like wood.. it's cheaper than vinyl

Tiles will have the white lines in between right?(like those normal tiles) which will need to brush every year when comes to spring cleaning.. lol.. alot of work one lei..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
ya.. i'm going to put tiles that looks like wood.. it's cheaper than vinyl

I think so long it's tiles, it's a bit more ex than vinyl. about 50cents to a dollar per sqf. I am going to the Meet the People session for my area and ask MP to help to appeal for my case.:s13::s13:

Last edited:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Tiles will have the white lines in between right?(like those normal tiles) which will need to brush every year when comes to spring cleaning.. lol.. alot of work one lei..

yes yes..... that's one of the cons for having tiles. The lines in between.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I cut short only hehe... scared later I make you feel as tho you are reading a novel.. :s22:
Full letter goes like this:

APPLICATION FOR ADDITIONAL CPF HOUSING GRANT
SALES REGISTRATION ID: 1234567X

We have received your application for the Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG).

We are processing the application and will inform you of the outcome in about six weeks' time. You can also access the same information by logging on to MyHDBPage via HDB InfoWeb.

Yours Faithfully

Signed off by my CRM.

i just only received this letter yesterday... wa lao... seriously need wait another 6weeks??? duhz...

CherryBee

Reaction score
Haha nowadays can engage ppl to do this grout restoration thing, before u move in can do it to prevent it from turning dirty. Can buy and do it yourself but very tiring la haha.

heybuddy

Reaction score
oh.. then confirm not my cup of tea liao.. i every year help my mum brush the lines until want cry... times passes the line will turn black de lo...

Haha so poor thing leh! I nv brush those lines before. But my ID said the lines will be very thin right? Compared to those in the past..

Weeli85

Reaction score
Nov 2017 SBF come to at end.
"There is currently no flat selection on-going for Sale of Balance Flats." 😏

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Haha so poor thing leh! I nv brush those lines before. But my ID said the lines will be very thin right? Compared to those in the past..

My kitchen flooring is using tiles. From white lines change to become black. Brush once a year:s13::s13:

Last edited:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My grant still no updates. Maybe due to my appeal for the flooring. I wrote to CRM again yesterday for the appeal. Next Monday going to see MP. If cannot, will arrange to go and see HDB highest authority then if die die still cannot, I will have to find our dearest PM Lee for help liao :s13::s13:

semblady123

Reaction score
🤣🤣🤣 wahhhh

My grant still no updates. Maybe due to my appeal for the flooring. I wrote to CRM again yesterday for the appeal. Next Monday going to see MP. If cannot, will arrange to go and see HDB highest authority then if die die still cannot, I will have to find our dearest PM Lee for help liao :s13::s13:

Amex^1234

Reaction score

Thin also can see the lines one ma.. when turn black very ugly de lo.. that is why now ppl do the glass panel between the top n below cabinet for easy cleaning. holding a toothbrush , squat there brush one kitchen also high liao.. whole house sure tears drop... :s13:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I will call u along if meeting ur Friend ID🤣

haha dont need call me la.. just arrange a day to meetup with him with your floor plan.. then tell him what do u need etc.. then he will provide u a quote.

i've a friend just met him yesterday too.. to do up her resale flat.. she also quite happy with him.. :D

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Share with you all my real life experience.

For toilet, our design is something like this(below link). Basin sitting on top of the cabinet. I believe many ppl will chose this type of design. Looks nice and elegant. Guess what..... Water sip through into the vanity every time someone brushes their teeth or wash their hands. Sooner or later..... my vanity left with the box only without doors. Everything just rot inside. When washing the toilet, I have to shift out everything inside the vanity. Wash, wipe very dry then replace the items back. First few rounds very hardworking to repeat every step properly. Now I also become lazy to wash the the solid surface cos it's white in colour, will be yellowish with stain after a month. Unless you wipe dry every time the solid surface is wet.

https://www.facebook.com/InzenInteriorDesign/posts/reform-the-toilet-for-new/522864507794692/

For Kitchen. Our cutlery drawer (about 4 drawers in a row) is next to the basin. Guess what.... 1st drawer is badly damaged. Water sip through too. Next round when I design the kitchen cabinet, I will arrange the drawers far away from the basin.

Dream catcher

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing ... how long ago was your reno ?

Share with you all my real life experience.

For toilet, our design is something like this(below link). Basin sitting on top of the cabinet. I believe many ppl will chose this type of design. Looks nice and elegant. Guess what..... Water sip through into the vanity every time someone brushes their teeth or wash their hands. Sooner or later..... my vanity left with the box only without doors. Everything just rot inside. When washing the toilet, I have to shift out everything inside the vanity. Wash, wipe very dry then replace the items back. First few rounds very hardworking to repeat every step properly. Now I also become lazy to wash the the solid surface cos it's white in colour, will be yellowish with stain after a month. Unless you wipe dry every time the solid surface is wet.

https://www.facebook.com/InzenInteriorDesign/posts/reform-the-toilet-for-new/522864507794692/

For Kitchen. Our cutlery drawer (about 4 drawers in a row) is next to the basin. Guess what.... 1st drawer is badly damaged. Water sip through too. Next round when I design the kitchen cabinet, I will arrange the drawers far away from the basin.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.