Looking for Goodyear Welted Shoes <$250

it_geek

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

First time posting in this sub-forum.

Looking to buy a new pair of black oxfords with goodyear welted stitching/construction for regular work use.

Max budget is $250. I have not used my NS50 vouchers yet so I intend to use it for this purpose, therefore, my max cash budget is $150....

Looking forward to some recommendations here.

I most likely will need to change the NS50 vouchers with shopping mall vouchers before using it at the stores. Do let me know which one.

theblueark

Reaction score
Do you happen to be a size 8? Over on the working shoes thread there’s a guy with a brand new pair of black oxford meermins that’s not his size. I bought another pair of meermins from him before so he’s legit. He’s just in the process of trying out which lasts and sizes fit him.

In SG, the previous best option for that price (IMO) Atelier Llyr seems to have closed down permanently (Facebook and Instagram profiles deleted) Edit: (they’re back! Facebook profile back online). Gone are the days when EEA and Llyr had sub $300 deals.

Unfortunately I think you’ll need to up your budget or go online for GYW.

Last edited:

zhane

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to be a size 8? Over on the working shoes thread there’s a guy with a brand new pair of black oxford meermins that’s not his size. I bought another pair of meermins from him before so he’s legit. He’s just in the process of trying out which lasts and sizes fit him.

In SG, the previous best option for that price (IMO) Atelier Llyr seems to have closed down permanently (Facebook and Instagram profiles deleted). Gone are the days when EEA and Llyr had sub $300 deals.

Unfortunately I think you’ll need to up your budget or go online for GYW.

what's the last n size of the shoe u bought from him?

Condor

Master Member
Reaction score
Loake at Robinsons during closed door sales you might get up to 20% + 20% at times which bring it closer to your budget maybe 270ish after the additional 5% card rebate. And they accept the voucher I think. This is probably as low as it gets.

The problem is Robinsons don't bring in half sizes and the selection also more limited. Even then the sales discount can vary.

Or actually your budget could be met if you're not going for their reference 1880 series and settle for lower end range like Design that are not made in UK but in India.

Blake stitched shoes are cheaper and likely within your budget check out Isetan/Tangs/Taka.

theblueark

Reaction score
Atelier Llyr's facebook page is back! I messaged them back in May and they just replied me. They are still open albeit only online for now. IMO the best option for <$250 GYW in Singapore.

https://www.atelierllyr.com/

They also tell me they are planning some new things, maybe a new storefront. Will be keeping an eye out for their announcement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.