Master Member
Reaction score
Apps available for download;

Server will be open today.

Anyone gonna play?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Been playing the JP version for more than a year. Great game which is quite generous and the pressure to gacha is not that high.

Not all Android devices work though. iOS works well.

I will create a gl account to play casually.

Current event in jp:

iron2000

Reaction score
I think I'll try it out.

7th mobage to juggle :p
But I only frequent my top 3 currently.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try it out.

7th mobage to juggle :p
But I only frequent my top 3 currently.

I am pretty glad now JP voices are selectable in the GL version. At least I won't have to tolerate dubbed voices.

I installed, played for a while, and uninstalled. Not because it is bad, but I am waiting for a better banner to start with.

I can miss all launch bonuses and start late, but I cannot miss this girl. I will reroll for Rena when she is released. She is the top and most dependable healer for a very long time in JP. (Even now, she is still the tops) With her, I can solo a lot of hard contents and events.

She is released 2 months after launch in JP, so I will wait for her in GL.

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I have not play JP at all. I just did 2 multi summons with the free start. Any chars that are worth rolling for now?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I have not play JP at all. I just did 2 multi summons with the free start. Any chars that are worth rolling for now?

Maria is the current best of the starter lot. She reigned as a top-tier char until the End of Eternity collab (If GL has this). She also recently got her awakening which made her back to top tier again in JP.

Other than her, the rest are rather lackluster as of now. Fidel is a decent frontline char, but got powercreeped fast later. Victor is a horrible defender. (Wait for Edge Maverick later).

Nel is a very niche poison dealer recently awakened also in JP.

Myuria is currently awakened as a very strong evoker in JP, but as of now since they are giving Faize free, she is not that needed.

I will advise getting Maria, Fidel and Faize (decent free evoker) and save up for better banners later, especially those time limited ones.

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I don't have fidel. I got Maria faize and cliff. Good to start off?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I don't have fidel. I got Maria faize and cliff. Good to start off?

Yep. Cliff is decent. There are a lot of attackers later so it doesn't matter.

In this game, you only need one LB10 char to play multiplayer, and it should be the one you are most skilled and comfortable in using.

Host or join multiplayer for difficult event stages.

Slowly build up your party consisting of a good defender and healer later to tackle harder maze stages. Maze is the main source of income for premium currencies for pulling and to remain f2p.

After that, then build up your armory consisting of as many elemental weapons as possible. Bosses have specific elemental weaknesses and having many elemental wep can exploit those weaknesses, making kills easier.

Last edited:

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks remless. Will take note of the details. Anyway how do we sync account? It seems we can sync and unsync the account. If I will to transfer acc to another device. I need to sync to either fb or Gmail then transfer?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks remless. Will take note of the details. Anyway how do we sync account? It seems we can sync and unsync the account. If I will to transfer acc to another device. I need to sync to either fb or Gmail then transfer?

Not too sure about that. JP uses a different way (Creating a SQEX account).
GL probably use FB.

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I still have not use my ace ticket for the 3k gem. Seeing it expires in 15 days. I can only keep if they release banner in 2 weeks time? Else I would better off using it I suppose?

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I still have not use my ace ticket for the 3k gem. Seeing it expires in 15 days. I can only keep if they release banner in 2 weeks time? Else I would better off using it I suppose?

Its usually advisable to pick Maria as first 5* from the selector, buy the ticket and use it for a frontline attacker (Fidel preferred but others will do as well) and save up all remaining gems. Reroll if you don't get an attacker from the ticket.

iron2000

Reaction score
Its usually advisable to pick Maria as first 5* from the selector, buy the ticket and use it for a frontline attacker (Fidel preferred but others will do as well) and save up all remaining gems. Reroll if you don't get an attacker from the ticket.

Alamak, I picked Fidel.
Did think of Maria at first.
Never mind, I play play see how.

Pre-register got free Welch and Faize plus their weapons.

Never play any Star Ocean before so all the characters so foreign, like pulling all the calefare to me :p

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Alamak, I picked Fidel.
Did think of Maria at first.
Never mind, I play play see how.

Pre-register got free Welch and Faize plus their weapons.

Never play any Star Ocean before so all the characters so foreign, like pulling all the calefare to me :p

It's ok really. Most people will eventually roll for Rena or reroll for her when she is released.

I only played star ocean 4 so most chars are foreign to me. (It's the same as playing a mobage not based on any franchise. We just play and pull gacha chars based on recommendation and tier list without knowing the chars)

There is a very active discord channel for the jp version.

https://discordapp.com/invite/nxpUbXG

There are a lot of information I draw from there, including a char list. There are also char reviews but of course it's based on current meta tier in jp. Most starter chars are obsolete unless they received awakenings.

iron2000

Reaction score
Ok, played till rank 4.
Still at the first planet but phone low batt already so stop.

Quite ok, basic gameplay is simple.
I play is just go tap crazy.
The party members go all lavish on spells then the effect here and there, see nothing lol.
For now still can happily let it auto.

How to do the skill cancel thing?
Why sometimes the enemy life bar there will have long and short text?
Maybe I need to study the help section more.

I did 2 multi pulls and 1 ace ticket pull.
Ace ticket got the busty elf mage and the multi pulls got the 5* long blond hair defender.

Launch coin I still not decided.
Reddit saying take the Umbral gun but I don't like the 4* Ah Beng Pavine-sama I pulled, lol.
Or should I just get the sword for Fidel?
Still got 99 days to think.

They got cheap gem package but I don't want to spend money on it for now.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, played till rank 4.
Still at the first planet but phone low batt already so stop.

Quite ok, basic gameplay is simple.
I play is just go tap crazy.
The party members go all lavish on spells then the effect here and there, see nothing lol.
For now still can happily let it auto.

How to do the skill cancel thing?
Why sometimes the enemy life bar there will have long and short text?
Maybe I need to study the help section more.

I did 2 multi pulls and 1 ace ticket pull.
Ace ticket got the busty elf mage and the multi pulls got the 5* long blond hair defender.

Launch coin I still not decided.
Reddit saying take the Umbral gun but I don't like the 4* Ah Beng Pavine-sama I pulled, lol.
Or should I just get the sword for Fidel?
Still got 99 days to think.

They got cheap gem package but I don't want to spend money on it for now.

Don't spend money on this game. This game is very f2p friendly. Starting pool are not worth pulling for but if you already pulled, nvm.

Skill cancel- tap on another skill while the first skill's animation is going on. Increases skill cancel bonus and subsequent skill's dmg + fills rush combo gauge faster.

Experience different roles and decide which role u want to play as in multiplayer. Practise dodging (quick swipes, consumes AP) as well.

Ranged roles are easier to play. Melee need a lot of skills.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
The biggest hardship for a new player is getting their first lb10 char. It's hard to lb10 for a new player, but gets easier as you play longer.

It's no use pulling a lot of char if you cannot lb them and eventually, you won't play low lb chars. You only need one lb10 char to play hard multiplayer contents. For high lvl maze solo contents, 3x lb10 party is recommended and it will take months to build.

Lb10 chars have a golden frame surrounding their portrait. It's easy to spot whether your multiplayer party mates have lb10 char.

nrM0oyi_d.jpg

Aim to lb10 the char you want to play in multiplayer is the first goal for starters.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Do give multiplayer a try.

First 100 strangers you meet and successfully complete a mission in multiplayer mode rewards you gems.

First 20 players - 500 gems each.
Next 80 players - 100 gems each.

Do save these gems or buy the lb packages in item shop.

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Right now I'm just saving up gems. And lb and augment my Maria for now. Range is more fun and versatile imo for now

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.