Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dexter9898

Reaction score
Yup. Definitely cos old recorder can only use analog signal for recording. Tats y w the introduction of Digital transmission hav to use STB or paid tv STB for scheduled recording. The old recorder can throw away liao unless wana play dvd disc.

Btw for recording is using thumbdrv or port HD?

I have tried using a USB portable 500Gb HDD which i bought like 8 years ago and its working fine

angel_i16

Reaction score
Tv which does not has digital function

Hi all, my tv is Samsung UA46F5500AMXXS. Called to digital tv hotline, customer service said our tv does not have digital function, and we tried to confirm that it does not have. And we r PR, we does not eligible to haVe 100 dollars voucher. So, besides to buy a new tv, the only way is buy an antenna costs about 100 dollars in one of the four electrical shop?

petetherock

Reaction score
Please read the DTV thread for the requirements:
You need a set top box and an antenna.
Total cost will be lower than $100.
See our sales section for people selling their stuff for example.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my tv is Samsung UA46F5500AMXXS. Called to digital tv hotline, customer service said our tv does not have digital function, and we tried to confirm that it does not have. And we r PR, we does not eligible to haVe 100 dollars voucher. So, besides to buy a new tv, the only way is buy an antenna costs about 100 dollars in one of the four electrical shop?

You can get a new dvb-t2 box on qoo10. I got it a few years ago at around $20 for the box. Antenna is optional, if you are using antenna now, you can reuse it. You need antenna only if your tv is connected to the MATV ( the wall antenna port connected to hdb rooftop).

Won't cost $100 So expensive.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using the one by New Media Solutions (IMDA), but i guess as long as the USB port has enough power to support your portable HDD then should be alright.
Hmmm. S long s its a usb device, its power usage supposed to b supported by the usb port host?

zyklon86

Master Member
Reaction score
Need to buy digital tv antenna to buy TV, WTF?

Visited a major electronic store wanting to buy a digital TV and make use of the $100 discount.

Was told by salesperson that need to buy antenna to buy TV, this is despite me saying that I already have one. WTF. Anyone encountered this before?

Last edited:

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visited a major electronic store wanting to buy a digital TV and make use of the $100 discount.

Was told by salesperson that need to buy antenna to buy TV, this is despite me saying that I already have one. WTF. Anyone encountered this before?

jr7jaf.jpg

prayerboy

Reaction score
I managed to redeem 2 of the Funke 550 antennas using the redemption letter. Was using another antenna that couldn’t get Malaysia channels, but now managed to with the Funke 550.

However, really need to stick the antenna out of the window then can receive.

LHNbq1G.jpg

zapzap

Reaction score
You can get a new dvb-t2 box on qoo10. I got it a few years ago at around $20 for the box. Antenna is optional, if you are using antenna now, you can reuse it. You need antenna only if your tv is connected to the MATV ( the wall antenna port connected to hdb rooftop).

Won't cost $100 So expensive.

the wall antenna port that is previously connected to Starhub settop box, is that MATV? Can I use that port as an antenna if its previously connected to Starhub STB? Or I still need to get a separate antenna?

kokho

Reaction score
UA39EH5003MXXS

hi guys,

My Samsung LED TV UA39EH5003MXXS (https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/model/UA39EH5003MXXS/), from the user manual and samsung website, it can receive digital broadcast without a set-top box.

I bought an external antenna and connect to this TV, but I could not received any digital channel. since the DVB set-top box is not expensive, i bought one and connect to the same external antenna, it can receive all digital channels.

just wondering could it be this is the first generation of digital TV not compatible with DVB-T2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.