Need help on installing Samsung evo 970

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hello guys, need your help. After I install the chip at m2 slot when I on my pc it did not detect. Is there any setting that I need to set?

zacky1223

Reaction score
Ok I will check in bios when i am home. If it's detected do I need to do any setting? I am using msi z370 gaming pro carbon

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firstly are you making it as a secondary storage drive or making it a boot up drive?

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Eh I think when I initially build this pc I go change the boot drive. Not sure if it affects. Because I thought m2 is just plug and play type

try flash the BIOs again cos the old one is corrupted liao

ya m.2 is plug and play

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh I think when I initially build this pc I go change the boot drive. Not sure if it affects. Because I thought m2 is just plug and play type

Well I believe it is but 1st you need to make sure your bios detected your m.2 SSD. Den select it as the 1st boot drive.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Alright man later I will go home and check and update you all here. Gam xia alot for all your help! :)

zacky1223

Reaction score
ok i found the fix. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/811491-nvme-mbr-or-gpt-im-confused/

1.Open the Command Prompt. This can be done by triggering the Run -- Windows Key + R -- feature, and opening "cmd".
2.Type "diskpart" to open the disk partitioning software. Accept the UAC security prompt, if asked.
3.Type "list disk". The program will then show you a list of all the physical drives (HDD, SSD, USB, etc.) that are attached.
4.Identify the disk number of the SSD (it can be recognized by looking at the size column; it's usually the last listed disk) and type "select disk X", where "X" is the disk number of your SSD.
5.Type "clean". This will erase the contents of the SSD, so make sure you have the contents backed-up (if any) beforehand.
6.Type "create partition primary". This command will create a primary partition on the SSD.
7.Type "select partition 1". This command will select the created partition.
8.Type "active". This command will make the selected partition active.
9.Type "format fs=ntfs quick". This command will format the created partition as NTFS.
10.Type "assign". This command will assign a letter to the SSD, which will make it show under Windows Explorer.

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You don't need these lengthy processes.

Use Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing system drive to the EVO970.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A simpler way.

Press start, type create partition.

Open up and you can see your drive there. Right click on it and you will see create new volume. Follow on screen instructions.

I think you are not able to see your drive because it is not as a new volume yet.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don't need these lengthy processes.

Use Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing system drive to the EVO970.

I think he not even able to see the drive in any of the migration tool. I think is because is not created as a new volume or unallocated drive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.