History of SAF - Manpower / Admin Vocationalist

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
End of day, we are sharing in forum and let the readers who may needs information to judge themselves if it is true, updated and etc.

By the way, RSAF also have one manpower officer vocation that you directly commission as officer call Air Executive Officer. Not sure if navy have this kind of vocation or not.

But you know very well your information is from a certain era and second hand.

DollyAiko

Reaction score
Example of Clerk-Vocationalist getting called back for NS reservist. :)

NP_20150630_DWMINE-211_919464.jpg

2SG Quek Zhi Yuan (Deputy Chief Clerk)

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/cohesion-key-battalions-win-saf-best-unit-competition

Clearer photo of him (to show his Clerk-Vocation Collar Tab)

11694005_10153402931926063_7417499639135019939_n.jpg

Link to article: https://www.facebook.com/oursingapo...09430851062/10153402931926063/?type=3&theater

DollyAiko

Reaction score
ME4 (NS) Arthur Poh, Legal Advisor in SAF.

Holding the manpower-vocation tab too.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/oursingaporearmy/posts/?ref=page_internal

34046291_10156202371911063_3871623609562693632_n.jpg

Quote:
"He took part in the Expertise Conversion Scheme to become a Military Domain Expert, saying, "unlike my previous role in manpower management, this role allows me to stay relevant and apply my legal knowledge to support commanders in their local and overseas operations."

It also means that he is one of the few guys (My PERS-Officer Ma'am mentioned before that there are a few rare guys in her OCS batch that got into the PERS Vocation too) that went through OCS for Admin. :)

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am surprise that you did not ask DollyAiko to provide evidence like official sources for his claim of information.

Well, he did talk about history without official sources and it did fit into my era when it should be more detail or near to the true.

So even if this is a 2nd hand information, at least my source is from the person who have access or/and experience it rather than unknown 3rd party source like my friend's friend.

But you know very well your information is from a certain era and second hand.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am surprise that you did not ask DollyAiko to provide evidence like official sources for his claim of information.

Well, he did talk about history without official sources and it did fit into my era when it should be more detail or near to the true.

So even if this is a 2nd hand information, at least my source is from the person who have access or/and experience it rather than unknown 3rd party source like my friend's friend.
If you realise, im not saying who’s right and who’s wrong.

But just pointing out stuff about your data generally being from many eras ago.

DollyAiko

Reaction score
I am just being proud of my own vocation and kind of decided to let people outside of our Service Vocation to know more about the history of it. And even letting people know that Clerk-vocation Commissioned Officers EXIST too (which I was surprised when I first found out I was under a FEW of them too).

Please kindly refrain from starting any flame-war under this thread. Also, I have no intention of selling any fake information or second hand information.

I am a Service Vocationalist for 1year 10months under PERS-Officers and Admin-Specs. I am sure I know all these pretty well to create a thread dedicated to our vocation.

I appreciate whatever information anyone has to offer but please don't try to flame anyone or start any sort of politics under this thread as much as possible.

*My direct-superior is a PERS-Officer, Commissioned under the Admin-Vocation. She was combat fit when she first joined and she chose the Manpower-Vocation as it suits her character. She was kind enough to tell me the history of it hence, I think it is good that I share with my fellow Clerk-Vocationalist who isn't lucky enough to meet any PERS-Officers in their life*

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you been here long, you will know that reddevil0728 will only be in National Service Knowledge-Base nowadays (actually for a very long time) and like to ask every time for the person to provide evidence like official sources for his claim of information. That why I am surprise that he did not do that to you. Haha,there are a lot of flame-war with him and other people.

I am just being proud of my own vocation and kind of decided to let people outside of our Service Vocation to know more about the history of it. And even letting people know that Clerk-vocation Commissioned Officers EXIST too (which I was surprised when I first found out I was under a FEW of them too).

Please kindly refrain from starting any flame-war under this thread. Also, I have no intention of selling any fake information or second hand information.

I am a Service Vocationalist for 1year 10months under PERS-Officers and Admin-Specs. I am sure I know all these pretty well to create a thread dedicated to our vocation.

I appreciate whatever information anyone has to offer but please don't try to flame anyone or start any sort of politics under this thread as much as possible.

DollyAiko

Reaction score
If you been here long, you will know that reddevil0728 will only be in National Service Knowledge-Base nowadays (actually for a very long time) and like to ask every time for the person to provide evidence like official sources for his claim of information. That why I am surprise that he did not do that to you. Haha,there are a lot of flame-war with him and other people.

I am dying to let everyone know which Unit am I from and which of the lady is my direct superior. But I rather remain anonymous in this case.

Furthermore, I have no intention of spreading false infos about my vocation.
One of the many reasons I wanted to create this thread is to let everyone know how important our Vocation is in the SAF too.

Once I even met a Captain from another unit that asked me what is my vocation collar badge (the admin one as seen in the first post). So I explained to him the whole story, which he was glad that I did. If I didn't he won't even know all these existed. Because he commissioned post-1996.

I am sure even for people that joined the army before 1996 will never really take note of it. As even for clerk-vocation officers, most of the time they are entirely hidden at the back-end doing admin work. But we should not undermine their efforts. A lot of them actually even joined JCC or BAC!

A lot of people serious had never knew there was actually Commissioning of Officers under the clerk-vocation. Which I think is really cool and everyone should know that it USED to exist. :)

I am just here to spread all these good news about my vocation. Not to guide anyone on anything.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand the intricacies behind the circumstances before i start questioning.

There is a difference between being prescriptive about an answer and sharing experience.

But I don't think you will understand this either.

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am dying to let everyone know which Unit am I from and which of the lady is my direct superior. But I rather remain anonymous in this case.

Furthermore, I have no intention of spreading false infos about my vocation.
One of the many reasons I wanted to create this thread is to let everyone know how important our Vocation is in the SAF too.

Once I even met a Captain from another unit that asked me what is my vocation collar badge (the admin one as seen in the first post). So I explained to him the whole story, which he was glad that I did. If I didn't he won't even know all these existed. Because he commissioned post-1996.

I am sure even for people that joined the army before 1996 will never really take note of it. As even for clerk-vocation officers, most of the time they are entirely hidden at the back-end doing admin work. But we should not undermine their efforts. A lot of them actually even joined JCC or BAC!

A lot of people serious had never knew there was actually Commissioning of Officers under the clerk-vocation. Which I think is really cool and everyone should know that it USED to exist. :)

I am just here to spread all these good news about my vocation. Not to guide anyone on anything.

No worries..uncle also enlisted in late 80s early 90s....seen all these before :) thanks for sharing :)

Lolerla

Reaction score
Wooo perscom ! They do have a important role outfield oso~ but I think the info is classified..

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

DollyAiko

Reaction score
Wooo perscom ! They do have a important role outfield oso~ but I think the info is classified..

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Yes. A lot of PERS-officers / warrants / specs / assistants have to go outfield too. In my unit there is always 1 or 2 PES-fit clerks that will be sent to Thailand for 1-year of attachment too. :)

thatone1

Reaction score
Yes. A lot of PERS-officers / warrants / specs / assistants have to go outfield too. In my unit there is always 1 or 2 PES-fit clerks that will be sent to Thailand for 1-year of attachment too. :)

I can speak for all the S1 Cell, including the CAS (Chief Admin Supervisors, ACC ASAs), all will go outfield, but will stick more to the HQ side. As long as you go outfield, all have to wear SBO and carry rifle.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For S1, every hour fill up manpower requisition form. For Dy S1, settle KIA issues.

DollyAiko

Reaction score
Just to digress a little from the topic (somehow related though):

Even though SAF removed "Clerk"-Officer schemes, which is the PERS-Officers, in other countries, like U.S and U.K, their equivalent of PERS-Officer still exist.

In the British Army, they are called, Personnel-Support Officer. Which sounds similar to our Personnel-Officer.
Link: https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/roles/roles-finder/personnel-support/personnel-support-officer

Whereas in the U.S army, the PERS-Officers are simply called the Human-Resource Officers.
Link: https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-...ort/personnel-systems-management-officer.html

DollyAiko

Reaction score
As for PERS-Officer, COL Lee Yem Choo (extremely smart lady), she was the first ever female formation commander in SAF. Commander, PERSCOM.

Few days ago she just held a Change of Command after being a formation commander for 2years. She retired few days ago too. :)

19113874_10155256389141063_143774598859273677_n.jpg

Anyway, PERS-Officer Colonel Lee Yem Choo, the previous Formation Commander of PERSCOM retired.

But according to Straits Time, she was actually working alongside Clifford Keong in SMRT! She is doing under HR in SMRT. Which is totally related to her Military work.

Shows that Clerk-vocation can actually be useful (well, if you are a Colonel). hehehe

https://www.facebook.com/TheStraitsTimes/posts/10155489319357115

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.