Aircon repair

punkster

Reaction score
My Mitsubishi inverter unit stopped working after 4 years. Technician advised that fan unit is faulty and recommended replacement $450 for aircon unit and $300 for pcb board. Is it a reasonable amount? But only 3 mths warranty for repair and if I change the whole unit it’s $950 with one year Mitsubishi warranty.

Which one more worthwhile?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the technician from a reliable company?

Try to get an assessment from another company.

What is $450 aircon unit?

Konnichiwa

Banned
Reaction score
Nowadays things get spoilt so often...
And it cost arm and leg to get it repaired...

Smartsgrean

Reaction score
Compare quotes

My Mitsubishi inverter unit stopped working after 4 years. Technician advised that fan unit is faulty and recommended replacement $450 for aircon unit and $300 for pcb board. Is it a reasonable amount? But only 3 mths warranty for repair and if I change the whole unit it’s $950 with one year Mitsubishi warranty.

Best is to talk to a few aircon professionals and ask them.

There are a few professionals on SGHomeNeeds, you can check out aircon servicing companies here.

Last edited:

Smurfy

Reaction score
I remember i saw on a website saying

Total cost of repair X Years of usage

If more than a brand new AC than don't repair change better.

Me also damned scared of aircon repair cos most of them would rather clean the aircon than to repair for u.

Even if repair got a high chance it second hand parts also.

dewjef

Reaction score

Im in the situation of 8years system 4 was down in Aug. Contractor quoted 850 to replaced compressor + PCB, with 3months warranty.

The unit is down 1month later, the boss of the company claimed that his worker miscom, no warranty given to replaced unit.

Instead he is offering help, asking me to absorb 50% of new PCB cost. I have no choice but to agree. But they dont manage to resolve problem after replacing PCB.

Then the boss said he will triggered aircon agent to check, he is totally wash hand.

Agent technician came to troubleshoot & tried replaced new PCB, also cant resolve yesterday. They said they not sure what had the contractor done. They will escalated to next level.

Now waiting engineer come to check.

Replacing new system 4 is abt 4.5k+ (yesterday research at HN & Courts,Daikin,Panasonic & Fujitsu.)

At beginning, if they say no warranty for replaced parts, then i will go to buy new unit. Dont need to waste time. Aircon down for 2weeks.

If u choose to repair,ask they to write down black & white to offer 3months warranty after repairing.

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between $750 repair vs $950 new.. I will pay the $950 for peace of mind.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.